Wednesday Worsts...Irrational Fears

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
My irrational fear is flying. I've done it plenty, but not in a while, and I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Yep. Aviation is dangerous. 30000 feet high with only a 16th inch thick aluminum skin keeping you from falling the whole way. I usually fall asleep before taxiing and wake up after landing. That always concerned my copilots.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you grew up in Florida, there are only two species of snakes. Deadly venomous or dead. Especially if they surprise you. But I don't have an irrational fear of serpents; look at the trouble Eve got us into consorting with snakes.
If a woman offers me an apple, I automatically decline. No matter what the circumstances.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's discuss irrational fears like the monster living under the bed or the shark that might attack you in the pool.

What irrational fears did you have as a kid or if you are brave enough to admit it, still have as an adult?
They all came true!

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Is a fear of heights irrational?

These guys are immune to it.

Watching that literally made my legs hurt.

Snakes. Was struck at by a water moccasin when I was about 3-4 years old. No use for them ever since.

Heights. Get weak whenever I am up high. Sears building, Empire, doesn't matter. Didn't help when my 4 year old ran over to an open window at the Empire State Building and stuck his head out. We were 30 floors up. I damn near passed out. And the window was about 18 inches from the floor.

Quicksand when I was little. Every western had the good guy falling in quicksand and some guy racing on a horse to save him. I have never once seen quicksand.

Boogey man hiding in the house when I was younger. Now I figure I have had a pretty good ride but still sleep with a 357 under the bed.

Taking a shower in a room with a window. Saw a horror film when I was little where a sniper was shooting people thru the bathroom window while they were showering.

Being broke. The thought literally makes my chest hurt if I so much as loose a small client. I grew up without much and never want to go back.

Losing a child. Self explanatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.