Week 11 Other Games Thread

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hammy injury. Should make it hard to run. Grantham might actually be able to scheme for that

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Thought hammys take a while and are highly reinjury prone? One of those lingering issues.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cawks looking extra chumpy tonight.
Voles getting plunged by the kitties.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know that Bama closed the gap to a 5 point margin at the end, but I have to say that their game management the last 4 minutes of the first half was simply atrocious. Both Satan and Sark need to have their heads examined. Trailing 19-13 with about 4 minutes to go and knowing LSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half, Bama rips off a 7 yard run on 1st down. At the very least you have to secure a first down on that series as to eat into what might be one last possession of the half by LSU. But I will always trade a score for time, don;t get me wrong. But on 2nd and 3 and 3rd and 3 they make two of the poorest play calls I have ever seen and it turns into a TD for LSU. Then after the ensuing kickoff and less than one minute to play, they choose to pass instead of just trying to get into the locker room down 13. Very poor game management on Bama's part and in my opinion pretty much ended the game right there.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
I know that Bama closed the gap to a 5 point margin at the end, but I have to say that their game management the last 4 minutes of the first half was simply atrocious. Both Satan and Sark need to have their heads examined. Trailing 19-13 with about 4 minutes to go and knowing LSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half, Bama rips off a 7 yard run on 1st down. At the very least you have to secure a first down on that series as to eat into what might be one last possession of the half by LSU. But I will always trade a score for time, don;t get me wrong. But on 2nd and 3 and 3rd and 3 they make two of the poorest play calls I have ever seen and it turns into a TD for LSU. Then after the ensuing kickoff and less than one minute to play, they choose to pass instead of just trying to get into the locker room down 13. Very poor game management on Bama's part and in my opinion pretty much ended the game right there.

The poor coaching in general from the Bama sideline was really surprising to me. Not surprised LSU won but Bama looked Taggert-esque especially in the first half

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know there were 2 very big games today wint Minny-Pedo St. and LSU-Bama, but there were some interesting matchups that might not have had conference champ meaning but were good games on paper. USC-ASU, OU-ISU. UK-UT, APPY-USCe, VA Tech- WF, K-State-TX, etc. A decent slate outside of the marquee games

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The poor coaching in general from the Bama sideline was really surprising to me. Not surprised LSU won but Bama looked Taggert-esque especially in the first half

Not quite Willie IMO, LOL (but I get your point) as there is nothing a coach can do about the punter dropping a perfect snap or TUA laying the ball on the ground untouched, but knowing your young, banged up Defense can't stop LSU, you have to be aware of the game situation and can't just call each play as if it is an independent play on its own without regard to the big picture.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not sure how it will finish but I know someone on this board a week or 2 ago said that Appy would beat the Kocks. (kudos to him if it happens) Well Appy leads by 11 with 12 minutes left in the game and I just heard the play by play announcer say that Appy's defense has physically manhandled the USCe offense in the game.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
"The team that has the most rushing yards win." But UK rushed for more than 300 yards and lost. Is Mark more or less likely to go to FSU?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I know there were 2 very big games today wint Minny-Pedo St. and LSU-Bama, but there were some interesting matchups that might not have had conference champ meaning but were good games on paper. USC-ASU, OU-ISU. UK-UT, APPY-USCe, VA Tech- WF, K-State-TX, etc. A decent slate outside of the marquee games

man... you aren’t kidding. Good games.
That OU-ISU game came down to the wire.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not sure how it will finish but I know someone on this board a week or 2 ago said that Appy would beat the Kocks. (kudos to him if it happens) Well Appy leads by 11 with 12 minutes left in the game and I just heard the play by play announcer say that Appy's defense has physically manhandled the USCe offense in the game.

To be fair - Appy St is 8-1 and first in the ... Uh , hang on sec...
Oh yeah, Sun Belt - East. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What a finish in the ISU-OU game. Down 21, ISU scores 20 straight and goes for the win and has the 2 pt. pass play INT'ed. QB threw into double coverage and it looked like had he looked in front of his intended receiver, he had a receiver wide open at the goal line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama has had 12 men on the field twice on defense. Along with a host of other miscues. Very uncharacteristic. .
It is called tempo.

It is the exact opposite of what we do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Told y’all LSU would beat Bama. Saban can’t stop a good passing attack.
Never has.

And yet we (and almost everyone else in the SEC) keep trying to run at the strength of his defense instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.