Recruiting Welcome 3* TE Jalen Goss

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URG, friendly piece of advice...NEVER let someone know they got under your skin about something...especially on this board.

I'll double my efforts moving forward. :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youre one of tue biggest instigators on here, cant hold a candle to me of course, but younare a complete bytch when someone gives it back to you.

Total pvssy move. I get it, we all have bad days, but your demeanor as a mod needs to change. You need to be able to separate the two hats.

Im not the kind of guy to send secret little complaints, but I bet Ox gets more complaints about you than all the othera combined, at since Nav went on his merging binge.

I still love you bigly. Trust me.
With all due respect, if we can't discuss sports on a sports forum without constant douche bag comments, to which you are the king of, then what are we doing here? This is a Gator sports forum, and most of us are Gators. So let's start acting like we are on the same side.
Several times now mjm has gone out of his way to make comments that are unnecessary to the sports discussion and if you review the conversation, I'm not the one to start making lame attempts to personally attack people, though I will make lame attempts in response. :lol:

Btw, my instigations have only been a response to people exactly like you, responding just like you would in a nonsensical, off topic fashion, so if you have a problem with what I have done, then look at yourselves, because all I'm doing is shining a light on exactly what you're doing.

URG, friendly piece of advice...NEVER let someone know they got under your skin about something...especially on this board.

I'll double my efforts moving forward. :lol:
You're not under my skin.

And I'll triple mine, next time there won't be an early reprieve.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, if we can't discuss sports on a sports forum without constant douche bag comments, to which you are the king of, then what are we doing here? This is a Gator sports forum, and most of us are Gators. So let's start acting like we are on the same side.
Several times now mjm has gone out of his way to make comments that are unnecessary to the sports discussion and if you review the conversation, I'm not the one to start making lame attempts to personally attack people, though I will make lame attempts in response. :lol:

Btw, my instigations have only been a response to people exactly like you, responding just like you would in a nonsensical, off topic fashion, so if you have a problem with what I have done, then look at yourselves, because all I'm doing is shining a light on exactly what you're doing.

You're not under my skin.

And I'll triple mine, next time there won't be an early reprieve.
:blahblah:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anything funnier than a midget with a sense of power? :lmao2:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think it's good. As some have said, now we got a big guy who can block and slip him out to catch some. And we couldn't list him as strictly a OL recruit or everybody would be ragging on him as a plan C and bashing the new OL coach. Of course, there's plenty of time for that.

Taven Bryan came in as a 250lb OL recruit. He's now a 300lb DT.

This thread has become a pissing contest about this kid. Most TE's are lowly rated anyways (most are 3-star's and usually NONE are 5-stars). My "argument" is that I want to see a well-rounded TE (one that can do what most TE's do: block and catch). In this offense we need a TE that can do both, as it's a pro-style offense. Hopefully this kid is that type of player. Otherwise, at 250lbs already, he could end up as an OT or DT, which I'm fine with.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You'll be welcome to join him if you wish.
88b9ac48fad3b0714cd0fe34c9ee3bd7_large.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Been on this board for years and never been banned, except for the three times in the last 24 hours. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

This thread has become a pissing contest about this kid. Most TE's are lowly rated anyways (most are 3-star's and usually NONE are 5-stars). My "argument" is that I want to see a well-rounded TE (one that can do what most TE's do: block and catch). In this offense we need a TE that can do both, as it's a pro-style offense. Hopefully this kid is that type of player. Otherwise, at 250lbs already, he could end up as an OT or DT, which I'm fine with.
Who are you "arguing" with? :dunno:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with you, honestly, however Gamble still appears to be that guy, because of that we can take a bigger (with room to grow) short yardage/redzone guy who could grow into an OL perhaps down the road if needed, and that is a spot we could use still.

I still say that no one here has any idea how well this kid can or cannot catch. For all you know he could be sufficient at both blocking at receiving.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you, honestly, however Gamble still appears to be that guy, because of that we can take a bigger (with room to grow) short yardage/redzone guy who could grow into an OL perhaps down the road if needed, and that is a spot we could use still.

I still say that no one here has any idea how well this kid can or cannot catch. For all you know he could be sufficient at both blocking at receiving.
Gamble is 6'3 241lbs, he's not a dual TE. He needs some more weight. Per his coach, he likes to block and get after it, so he's already better than Goolsby or Lewis in that regard...they are both pussies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Good Gatorcountry story on Goss:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...oss-couldnt-wait-to-commit-to-florida-gators/

A smiling Goss couldn’t wait to commit to Florida Gators

Tight end Jalen Goss (6-5, 250, Valdosta, GA. Lowndes) was the Florida Gators second commit on Friday night when he announced his commitment while on campus.

Goss who visited Florida two weeks ago and picked up an offer during that visit explained why he decided to commit on Friday.

“I was here earlier today [Friday] and I went on tour and I liked everything I seen and I’ve also wanted to come here since I was in middle school,” Goss said on why he committed to Florida. “That also had something to do with it, and it’s close to home.”

The tight end that committed to Florida while on the field before the spring game on Friday, wasn’t shy about showing how much this meant to him.

“I was happy I was fixing to be a Gator and I was just smiling from cheek to cheek,” Goss said of the moment he committed. “My parents were excited.”

When Goss told head coach Jim McElwain and the staff that he was committing, the staff reacted accordingly.

“They were excited and pumped up about it and welcomed me to the family,” he said on what the staff did when he told them he was committing.”
Goss hasn’t played the tight end position since middle school but he’s happy to play wherever is best for him and the Gators.

“I like it. I could get used to playing it,” Goss said on the thought of playing tight end. “I just want to do whatever I can do to make the team win, help the team win.”

Tight ends coach Greg Nord was the one who was recruiting Goss and he had a simple message for him on Friday.

“Coach Nord,” he said on who his main recruiter is. “He told me that I could really help them. He wants to help me get better at it.”
McElwain also met with Goss and his parents on Friday and explained how important the tight end was to the Gators.

“I’m a big guy and I’ll play a big role,” Goss said on what McElwain told him about playing at Florida.

Friday night was the first time for Goss to see a game in the Swamp and he was impressed and ready to return this fall.

“I like it. It’s crazy,” he said on what he thought of the Florida atmosphere. “This is the spring game, but I wanna see it in a real game.”

INSIDERS TAKE:
Goss is a guy that can certainly fill out more once he gets into a college weight room but his long arms will help him out a lot at the tight end position. Florida has really been looking for that big blocking tight end since McElwain arrived.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well he's not short on enthusiasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics