Welcome 5* QB Matt Corral

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So according to Bowl...the reason Corral lost his 5 star rating temporarily was because 247 and Scout officially merged and supposedly disrupted some of the existing ratings. Once corrected, Corral got his 5th star back, and was never supposed to be downgraded. fwiw.
So because scout sucks. Makes sense thanks!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I remember Randall Cunningham who had that slow motion looking throwing motion threw the ball nearly 90 yards I think it was in one of those competitions when he was in the NFL. This kid will definitely be able to throw it 80 something yards pretty soon.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So according to Bowl...the reason Corral lost his 5 star rating temporarily was because 247 and Scout officially merged and supposedly disrupted some of the existing ratings. Once corrected, Corral got his 5th star back, and was never supposed to be downgraded. fwiw.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I remember Randall Cunningham who had that slow motion looking throwing motion threw the ball nearly 90 yards I think it was in one of those competitions when he was in the NFL. This kid will definitely be able to throw it 80 something yards pretty soon.
What i liked about him after watching some of his games is:

1) he never stares down his receivers (which has been my knock on Fields) and is constantly scanning the field while not always choosing to take the safe play

2) he has elite arm strength/ball placement...dude can put it anywhere he wants 2...its pretty unbelievable to be honest! It's been a few yrs since I've seen someone's HS tape show someone with the ability to do this consistently

3) he doesn't panic under pressure. He'll stand in there and make throws under fire.

4) When things breakdown he only takes off when its needed

5) he's a leader...his teammates would run through a wall for him and it shows on the tape.

Long as he keeps his head straight he'll end up being the best QB in this class and I'll bet on it! We got a good one...kid is special :chomp:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
And Jacoby...

Driskel is a great young man. I'm bummed it didn't work for him here, meanwhile a 2-star Oviedo rival went on to UCF and became an NFL 1st round draft pick.

It's inexact, certainly. But on balance 5-stars succeed at a higher rate than 4, then 3 then 2... No guarantees and there are always surprises and exceptions.
I still think Driskell didn't work out because of COACHING and that was a large factor in players on the offensive side of the ball not coming here

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree to disagree
If he had better coaches and a different offense, he would have likely been better. I don't think he was ever going to really been good...slim chance. I remember when Morningwood was starting and Murphy was coaching him up. Where was Driskel, no where near the action goofing off with other players not dressed. He was not a team player.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Driskel had all the tools EXCEPT leadership! A Quarterback needs to be a leader and encourager/motivator in the locker room, practice field, huddle, and on the field. That is the biggest difference between Tebow and Driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Driskel had all the tools EXCEPT leadership! A Quarterback needs to be a leader and encourager/motivator in the locker room, practice field, huddle, and on the field. That is the biggest difference between Tebow and Driskel.
He also needs to be cool in the pocket, read defenses, make quick decisions, throw with accuracy and throw with touch when needed. He had zero. In his two losses at La Tech he had like 7 or 8 turnovers. In his last "game" in the NFL he had three. You can't fix stupid.

Now, to be fair, it wasn't his fault he was put on the football field as the starting QB despite being completely incapable of playing the position.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He also needs to be cool in the pocket, read defenses, make quick decisions, throw with accuracy and throw with touch when needed. He had zero. In his two losses at La Tech he had like 7 or 8 turnovers. In his last "game" in the NFL he had three. You can't fix stupid.

Now, to be fair, it wasn't his fault he was put on the football field as the starting QB despite being completely incapable of playing the position.

I think he would've been a pretty damn good receiver. Or TE.

Except he couldn't take a hit. So nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator