Welcome GatorCountry refugees!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All because those fvkks were trying to run a forum on a Tandy 1000 and Windows 95.

It had gotten almost unusable for the last year, forum down often, posts scrambled randomly, stupid shyt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, just so you know, there ARE no mods in the PF here. The only two mods are BNA and GatorJ, and neither one of them venture in here. In terms of any control, I am it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, just so you know, there ARE no mods in the PF here. The only two mods are BNA and GatorJ, and neither one of them venture in here. In terms of any control, I am it.
well, ya know, I am working from home now :grin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure that letter is lost to history.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad or you summed it up a while ago.

The whole thing was really harmless. 78 posted a link about Halifax media (owners of the Gainesville Sun at the time) and it listed all the tippy top management. During that time, I was reading a website created by David Thorne. This guy posts some the the craziest email exchanges he has had with people. I am envious of his sarcasm. I have no idea if they are true, but after reading a few dozen of them.... I think they are. Anyway, this one is my favorite:

"yeah thats not what I was looking for at all."

So in his spirit, I created a 100% fake email exchange with the CEO I think and the Gatorsports admin flipped their lids and threatened to shut the place down. Calling their bluff, I posted another exchange with the CIO. Hamsters might have been mentioned in that one, but there is no proof. Literally within 60 seconds of that posting, the whole place was wiped from the internet.

:brad:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brad lived with a lot of guilt for that, he really felt bad. He had no idea he had just changed history for the better by finally putting that final nail in the GSMB coffin.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed out loud.

You could waste hours on that site:
"I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot."

Brad lived with a lot of guilt for that, he really felt bad. He had no idea he had just changed history for the better by finally putting that final nail in the GSMB coffin.

This is actually true. There was an odd panic that washed over me when the site was 100% gone and replaced with "this site has permanently closed due to disruptive posters". At that time (I have no idea if they still do), Gatorsports articles had a place for comments underneath them, and I believe donkey or 78 made a comment that you started up here. In my original signup email I apologized profusely and begged for forgiveness. Then my 1st avatar had the bag on my head because I was ashamed, although most people think it is because of how damn miserable our football has been to watch for the past decade. Regardless, you've built an amazing website Ox. You dont get thanked enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.