Welcome GatorCountry refugees!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
New guys are going to crank up the PF thermostat.

So why would that require another Mod? If a person is out of bounds in the rules here which are pretty good they need one or two warnings and then banned. I don't expect many warnings. And of course the ignore feature is great.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There was an odd panic that washed over me when the site was 100% gone and replaced with "this site has permanently closed due to disruptive posters". At that time (I have no idea if they still do), Gatorsports articles had a place for comments underneath them, and I believe donkey or 78 made a comment that you started up here. In my original signup email I apologized profusely and begged for forgiveness. Then my 1st avatar had the bag on my head because I was ashamed, although most people think it is because of how damn miserable our football has been to watch for the past decade. Regardless, you've built an amazing website Ox. You dont get thanked enough.
Very sweet of you to say, brad.

I had a pretty good amount of panic and guilt myself. As moderator, not only did I not remove that kind of material, I had openly fueled it by moving '78's thread from the Lounge to the Main Sports Forum. :lol: Not sure if you even knew that.

However, I was fed up at that point myself because the software wasn't working (posts in threads were out of order) and the admins had made it clear to me they had other priorities. They didn't give two sh!ts about that forum.

Still, that was a place that thousands of people liked to go and I felt I had failed in my responsibilities there.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Very sweet of you to say, brad.

I had a pretty good amount of panic and guilt myself. As moderator, not only did I not remove that kind of material, I had openly fueled it by moving '78's thread from the Lounge to the Main Sports Forum. :lol: Not sure if you even knew that.

However, I was fed up at that point myself because the software wasn't working (posts in threads were out of order) and the admins had made it clear to me they had other priorities. They didn't give two sh!ts about that forum.

Still, that was a place that thousands of people liked to go and I felt I had failed in my responsibilities there.

I’m sensing you have some Master Chiefly qualities about you, Ox. However, you haven’t earned the title, so don’t let it go to your head.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You have a good memory old man. I see you've gone from loading up GC with conservative crap to trying to take over Chatter.

We miss owning you on THFSG.

I guess the definition of "owning" to some is having the mods step in to delete posts etc. and censor one side more than the other.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I guess the definition of "owning" to some is having the mods step in to delete posts etc. and censor one side more than the other.
So true. The biggest fraud of all is the "mod" who is nothing but lying POS--and as you know he outright lied to(I believe it was rev) about one of those very circumstances. When called out on anything, that jerk would vanish and not answer. Turn tail and hide. When he was made a mod--that was the turning point for many in there. Everyone was sick and fed up with constant attempts to be lured into one of his "two-step dances", and then having the insult of him being made a mod---everyone said enough is enough. The forum was totally broken at that point.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
You could waste hours on that site:
"I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot."

This is actually true. There was an odd panic that washed over me when the site was 100% gone and replaced with "this site has permanently closed due to disruptive posters". At that time (I have no idea if they still do), Gatorsports articles had a place for comments underneath them, and I believe donkey or 78 made a comment that you started up here. In my original signup email I apologized profusely and begged for forgiveness. Then my 1st avatar had the bag on my head because I was ashamed, although most people think it is because of how damn miserable our football has been to watch for the past decade. Regardless, you've built an amazing website Ox. You dont get thanked enough.

One of the funniest things on the inter webs

92gator

Aug 20, 2018
Oaktown is most likely imo.

Nah. Oak's too diplomatic, too Aticus-Finch wannabe-ish.

This imposter was running some lame ass smack, and IIRC, Lacuna was bragging on having come over here and given 'the boys' some grief. So it fits.

...but as Bill said...who gives a **** at this point.

Flgator2

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Since Mrs. grammar Nazi Lacuna has openly said she's been stalking us over here, I'm with 92gator , I think it's her

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just wow. Lurking over there for the first time. Saw this thread, couldn't believe it. I won't link it here or they may be flagged to the presence of so many of their own. But here it is:

Ray has urged everyone on the sports boards to be more considerate of other people's views and debate the message, not the posters. Many posters were politely sent elsewhere to get their Gator news when they refused to modify their behavior.

We don't know if you have been to the Sports forums lately, but the tone has improved. Negative events are discussed without attacking the messenger and while it is not perfect it is a whole lot better.

Over the last month we have made a conscious effort to change the tone on Too Hot. Insults directed not only at posters but public figures were quietly deleted or edited. Some examples of posts that were deleted are: "Trump is an idiot", calling Trump "infantile Tweety Pie" or "dickhead" and saying Lebron James is a "dumb-ass .. ignorant bastard ... who can't spell" were deleted. The list could go on and on. Some posts were edited: Obozo was changed to Obama, "******* Trump" was simply changed to Trump. Insults towards other posters were deleted or edited. Sometimes these posters were notified but not always. Overall, the tone of THFSG did change for the better without a lot of fanfare because the first insult usually resulted in more of the same. Now, without the first insult, replies don't tend to go down the "insult road".

Several posters did notice and complained about it, some have left. One poster called out a mod for an edit and publicly demanded the mod resign. The poster received a 3 day ban, emailed Ray and demanded the ban be immediately lifted. After the 3 days were up, he pm'ed an administrator and said they wouldn't be back.

We were originally going to wait until the next Presidential election to start this but with the changes Ray made in the other forums it was time for it here as well. We realize there is a is a difference in Too Hot from other forums. Too Hot by it's very nature is polarizing, everyone here hates the noles, but with Too Hot there are almost always two or more sides to every issue.

So as we move forward, please discuss the issues, topics, or events and leave the insults off. They don't add anything to the discussion. Over the summer, Too Hot is the most popular forum on Gator Country. Now that football season is upon us, the sports forums will jump back as the most popular. Realize that we can not immediately read every post made on all of the forums, so if you do see an insult, please report it using the report button. Don't respond to it with another insult. Insulting posts will be edited or deleted at some point. If someone replies to a post that is later deleted, the new post will also be deleted as it doesn't make sense to leave the original post in the quote box.

We are always open to suggestions for improvement on the forum, feel free to pm any of us listed below, after all it is your forum. We want a forum where it is enjoyable to come and debate the issues of today.

GatorGrowl
GatorNana
OklahomaGator
OaktownGator
Tilly
rivergator

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.