Welcome to the new Gatorchatter!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, after sitting in front of my laptop for ten hours, I at least have enough done to get us started. I have a ways to go with both formatting and colors, so please be patient. This site is going to get better and better as I get familiar with it. Unlike our last platform, this one is state of the art and has a HUGE add-on market, so there are tons of goodies on the way. I'm expecting to be with Xenforo for the long haul.

The only thing that is necessary for previous members is that you have to change your password. To do that, try to log in and click the "Forgot your password?" link. That will send you an email to change everything. If for some reason you don't receive your email, contact me at [email protected].

As for this forum, feel free to start some threads with problems or suggestions. Just please show some mercy - it's not nearly to my satisfaction yet and it going to take many, many more hours to get it there.

Enjoy!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Looks pretty good. I did wonder about losing post count and number of likes and it happened. Not a huge deal...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looks pretty good. I did wonder about losing post count and number of likes and it happened. Not a huge deal...
If it wasn't a big deal why bring it up?

Everything in this forum got deleted. That's the only place you could have lost posts and likes. Everything else was brought over.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
looks good so far Ox. I'm looking forward to where it's going to go.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If it wasn't a big deal why bring it up?

Everything in this forum got deleted. That's the only place you could have lost posts and likes. Everything else was brought over.

Your the one who said to start threads about things not me. I wrote down post counts and likes and there is a 40+ loss of likes and a dozen lost posts. Like I said, not a big deal but if you dont want to hear it, dont ask for it.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got lots of "Trophies" when I signed in....

sally-field-like-me.gif

:sohappy:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks good Ox. Thanks for the work you've / you're putting in!

I do have one complaint. I thought when you upgraded the forum that we'd get better posters too. So far, it doesn't look promising.
:waiting:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your the one who said to start threads about things not me. I wrote down post counts and likes and there is a 40+ loss of likes and a dozen lost posts. Like I said, not a big deal but if you dont want to hear it, dont ask for it.
Damn. Having a bad day?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You tell us to let you know about issues and then ask me why I mention it? Which is it?
Your convinced all of our posts and likes were transferred over but thats wrong and thought you might be interested. Just to be clear, I wrote down everything before the change....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You tell us to let you know about issues and then ask me why I mention it? Which is it?
Your convinced all of our posts and likes were transferred over but thats wrong and thought you might be interested. Just to be clear, I wrote down everything before the change....
Chill out, Dan. Sorry I offended you.

They WERE all transferred over. However, I deleted the News forum AND I deleted 120 threads in the Issues and Suggestions forum, since they all had to do with an old software. That's where the missing likes and posts went.

I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me one day.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Just thought you might be interested. Are there certain subjects off limits?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im not the least bit offended. I have been on message boards way too long for something so trivial to offend me. I do however like to be clear.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They WERE all transferred over. However, I deleted the News forum AND I deleted 120 threads in the Issues and Suggestions forum, since they all had to do with an old software. That's where the missing likes and posts went.

More than that had to have been deleted because there is no way I loss the amount I did from just having the News and I&S forum threads deleted.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sorry for bumping an old thread. Spending 10 min to find the right one to reply to rather than starting a new one.....appeals to my sense of order and properly reflects my lack of common sense. Cheers.

Posting to say that I never liked tapatalk and generally avoid mobile browsing as I like big screens (and I cannot lie). However, I find myself catching up on my phone tonight thru safari, and I gotta say I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The site is fast, navigation is easy and intuitive, and aside from the usual pain in the ass posters I'm loving this. It's slicker than snot. Thanks Ox! I'm less afraid of mobile browsing than I was, and am pleased to report that even a Luddite like myself has found this easy and enjoyable. Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.