Well that was an interesting game.......

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Also the refs had a pretty awful game last night...how they missed that hit on Taylor is beyond me. The ref was standing right on top of the play and that was one of the most blatant and viscious targeting hits i've ever seen. Watching the replays you could see he slowed up to line right up and dove right into his back with his helmet a full 3-4 seconds after he was already down and the whistle blown. Again the ref was right freaking there and did nothing.
I was there and when the replay was shown on the board, the fans just went berserk. If you had handed out pitchforks and let the fans loose, the refs would have been skewered. Why that KY player who targeted KT was not ejected and KY not handed a 15 yd penalty is beyond me. And Stoops had the nerve to be upset about the clock striking zero in OT?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n50630 said:
Great post Sas. Good points all around. One observation I have, Driskel has never been good at throwing screens. He gets them batted down a LOT because for all his good points, he just isn't very good with passes

FIFY.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
NVGator;n50306 said:
Sorry, but Driskel played a huge roll in the suckage of last night's game. I know some don't like to put blame on him, or the coach, but there's some consistency to their roles.

I think there is plenty of posters putting all the blame on the 2 of them. Some of us don't feel the need jump in on the pile.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n50424 said:
Can they suspend player post game?

Yes, they're actually supposed to review it and if it's targeting they get an automatic 1 game. But we'll see.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
sonomagator;n50302 said:
Going to be interesting in the next few days to see whether or not the SEC mans up and suspends his butt like they're supposed to.And FWIW Muschamp said in his presser that Taylor was hurting and stiff from the hit which is why they shut him down.

It was ridiculous that no one made that call. It was vicious, blatant and should have been raining with yellow flags. We got our share of breaks last night, but how they miss that one is beyond belief.
His best game as a Gator. He ran the ball like a grown ass man last night.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n50805 said:
Yes, they're actually supposed to review it and if it's targeting they get an automatic 1 game. But we'll see.

UF probably has to submit it for review though. Will Muschamp/Foley do it? Foley didn't want to bother complaining about a certain Darnell Docket a few years back...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One call that pissed me off was the pass interference call on either may or Gorman I can't remember but the Kentucky player grabbed his helmet so he couldn't turn around and also pulled him down. The interference call on hargraves was bs too.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n50825 said:
One call that pissed me off was the pass interference call on either may or Gorman I can't remember but the Kentucky player grabbed his helmet so he couldn't turn around and also pulled him down. The interference call on hargraves was bs too.

I was pretty pissed about that too. I even said to the guy sitting in front of me, how does the guy that gets pulled down and tumbling on the ground end up being the one called for PI?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n50805 said:

I sure hope so. That was one of the biggest misses of the officiating crew.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n50825 said:
yeah that one was definitely BS...he had his arm around his neck/helmet and was pulling our guy right into him. There were a whole lot of bad calls/missed calls last night

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:

I hope you are right but I don't ever recall it happening.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
sonomagator;n50805 said:

UF probably has to submit it for review though. Will Muschamp/Foley do it? Foley didn't want to bother complaining about a certain Darnell Docket a few years back...
Foley is probably too busy looking at resumes.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:

happened last year to usc(e) and I wanna say arkie, but that could be wrong. I just don't trust the SEC to do the right thing.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The one on the first play of ot where the inbred grabbed VHIII and body slammed him was pretty bad too. Also when their receiver shoved Tabor was raw.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n50252 said:
Also, I forgot to comment on the play in the 2nd OT when Driskel threw late to D-Rob.

That play is what's known as a "snag" concept. You have the outside receiver go in towards the LB's, turn and sit. The #2 receiver runs a corner, and the #3 receiver (who was D-Rob) runs to the flat. Florida started the second overtime period on offense and called the right play on third-and-goal from the UK 3. Driskel had Robinson wide open on a drag route but pulled the trigger too late. A touchdown might have been the game-winner, but instead Florida settled for a field goal. The Gators defense had to hold the Wildcats to three points to force a third overtime.

Driskel followed his read, which on that play, the flat read is the last one. Now maybe he could have progressed through it more quickly, but you can see his head go from the inside guy, to the corner, to D-Rob. He actually probably could have hit Pittman in the corner, as well, but D-Rob was more open. I can't remember if we were on the near side of the field or not, but it looked like the play just developed too quickly for Driskel to get through his reads.

Driskel: "I just thought that we were getting a different coverage than we did. I should have taken the flat early. I got my eyes back inside, and when I got back out to Demarcus it was a little too late. I gave him a shot. You know, I missed that one. But we lived to play the next play."

Robinson: "I did get a little frustrated because I saw I got open. He looked at me, so I thought he was going to throw it to me off the bat. But he hesitated a little bit."

Muschamp: "He should have hit him earlier in the down. There's no question. Absolutely. A lot of times on that sort of route combination, sometimes the picker comes free. I don't know, I haven't talked to Jeff specifically about the play other than I just told him, 'Hey, we had the guy open earlier, let's go put the ball in.' and we should have." Can't even tell you how many times I've run that play. In fact, now that I think about it, I think it's the play Dunbar scored on in the 4th quarter against FSU.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Driskel was just awful. Mis-timed a crap-ton of plays.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Darthgator said:
Did anyone notice how empty the sunshine deck was?
The stadium was full except for the Sunshine Seats. That's been pretty standard for the last two seasons.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50913 said:
Driskel: "I just thought that we were getting a different coverage than we did. I should have taken the flat early. I got my eyes back inside, and when I got back out to Demarcus it was a little too late. I gave him a shot. You know, I missed that one. But we lived to play the next play."

Robinson: "I did get a little frustrated because I saw I got open. He looked at me, so I thought he was going to throw it to me off the bat. But he hesitated a little bit."

Muschamp: "He should have hit him earlier in the down. There's no question. Absolutely. A lot of times on that sort of route combination, sometimes the picker comes free. I don't know, I haven't talked to Jeff specifically about the play other than I just told him, 'Hey, we had the guy open earlier, let's go put the ball in.' and we should have." Can't even tell you how many times I've run that play. In fact, now that I think about it, I think it's the play Dunbar scored on in the 4th quarter against FSU.

Yeah, I just don't know what they talk about in the film room or how they prefer to run that play. It was definitely the snag concept, 100%, but it's entirely possible they coach it differently than when I used to run it 7-10 years ago. Looking at it on film, he should have seen him sooner, but I don't know what his progression is on that play, or how it varies depending on coverage. The flat is definitely the hot route for when the defense blitzes, though. Fortunately, it ended up not mattering.

The silver lining in this game is it was a wake up call. It let them know that they haven't arrived, not by a long shot. Winning 65-0 was both a blessing and a curse, because it showed that we're capable of obliterating bad teams, but last night showed that we're not on the dominant level quite yet. Last year's team would have lost that game, no question about it. So maybe it'll make them that much hungrier about the trip to Alabama this week. But at the end of the day, 65-0 counts as one win just as much as 36-30 in triple overtime does. Mental errors are easier to correct than physical errors, and far more mental errors were made last night than physical errors, that's for sure.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
Sorry, but Driskel played a huge roll in the suckage of last night's game. I know some don't like to put blame on him, or the coach, but there's some consistency to their roles.
I agree that he did some pretty bad things last night, but in the long run, he made the perfect pass on 4th down in the first overtime to keep the game alive and did plenty of other good things to keep us in it.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Refs missed the delay of game in OT. Just watched the replay with jesse...we did not get the snap off. Should have been 4th and a mile goal to go.

Muschamp stole one. He sucks.
Now it seems the SEC office just explained why there was no delay called. The play was allowed to continue as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator