Well this just says it all...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It depresses me that Ala isnt pumping. Or maybe I should say it shakes me a bit.

St problems, the kind we are having, should actually be the most correctable problem we have right now.

There is no F#$@#_& excuse for it, but it is correctable assuming we actually practice this stuff at all.

We only practice Chaos.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our ST's really sh*t the bed on Saturday. The Vols did have great starting field position all day...but the stat is a bit (or a lot) skewed since one of their drives started at our 1 yard line. Throw that out and it's still bad....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was THE major factor...starting inside your 5 is a killer.

Not to mention Eddie not kicking the ball through the end zone and giving them a chance to return the ball to the 50!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our ST's really sh*t the bed on Saturday. The Vols did have great starting field position all day...but the stat is a bit (or a lot) skewed since one of their drives started at our 1 yard line. Throw that out and it's still bad....

2 started at the 1, the recovered punt and the turnover on downs after the muffed punt.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention Eddie not kicking the ball through the end zone and giving them a chance to return the ball to the 50!

I suspect he's so good at kicking it through the endzone that the kick coverage team gets complacent. I think he only kicked one short line drive but Berry made us pay by bringing it back to midfield.

Alex.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It depresses me that Ala isnt pumping. Or maybe I should say it shakes me a bit. Im still in the "I like Coach but hate some of the staff hires; hope it works out but this recruiting class is make or break" mode. Ala and some others were still pumping Dawgchump a year after 4-8 and Ga So.

St problems, the kind we are having, should actually be the most correctable problem we have right now.

There is no F#$@#_& excuse for it, but it is correctable assuming we actually practice this stuff at all.

We are STILL a dumpster fire.
:lol:

Actually Georgia Southern is the first time I actually said, Ok...This guy sucks and should be fired. How the hell to you lose to a D2 team that doesn't complete a single pass against you?

Now admittedly, the optimist in me took over after the season and I allowed myself to fall into the camp that the mass injuries were the only explanation for going from 11-2 to 4-8 in one single year. I believed that was the only possible explanation. (Although the Ga So. game and the fact that they were the only team more hampered by injuries than us did linger in my mind) I was never really a believer after that but did HOPE...

I do still have HOPE that Mac can get the job done and HOPE that his primary short coming is his being hampered with facilities and a limited budget to hire quality assistants. I'm looking for some major upgrades in the off season with assistant coaching hires. But after the sh!tt show we saw Saturday I'd like to see a little fire from him in his determination to fix some of these glaring issues.

Perhaps him personally taking over ST coaching would be a sign that he's gonna get it fixed and will do whatever is necessary. ST is embarrassing and is directly related to the on field meltdown Saturday. It's not the only issue, but it was the biggest issue, and should be the easiest to fix.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SOP = build a Lexus not a Yugo = no brainer for a $5 million brain plus other's millions $ ?
Gator football players want to star on the field, in their area of training/practice.
If we have 5 WRs where 3 are far ahead of 4 &5, the train/rehearse 4 & 5 to "star" as PRs
and KO returners = they will relish the better chance to contribute, to be Gator heroes. Lord,
look at the teammate jubilation good returns create. Practice those great returns by setting
up the lanes in rehearsal fashion = slow motion walk-throughs at first, fast later.

Coaches making so much income should, year round, be in-the-process of reading books by
great coaches - to be the best you can be. Our coaches are not fulfilling their hired obligation.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SOP = build a Lexus not a Yugo = no brainer for a $5 million brain plus other's millions $ ?
Gator football players want to star on the field, in their area of training/practice.
If we have 5 WRs where 3 are far ahead of 4 &5, the train/rehearse 4 & 5 to "star" as PRs
and KO returners = they will relish the better chance to contribute, to be Gator heroes. Lord,
look at the teammate jubilation good returns create. Practice those great returns by setting
up the lanes in rehearsal fashion = slow motion walk-throughs at first, fast later.

Coaches making so much income should, year round, be in-the-process of reading books by
great coaches - to be the best you can be. Our coaches are not fulfilling their hired obligation.
I keep wondering why they haven't put Chris Thompson back there to return kickoffs.?. Supposedly, he's the fastest player on the team. It's not as if he's making much of an impact as a WR...

He doesn't appear to be as "fluid" as say, Antonio Callaway (but who is?) but he has blazing "straight line speed" which is much more valuable as a kick returner than as a punt returner, which requires more "wiggle"...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I keep wondering why they haven't put Chris Thompson back there to return kickoffs.?. Supposedly, he's the fastest player on the team. It's not as if he's making much of an impact as a WR...
My guess is he has trouble catching the ball, or other factors that make the coaches not trust him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I keep wondering why they haven't put Chris Thompson back there to return kickoffs.?. Supposedly, he's the fastest player on the team. It's not as if he's making much of an impact as a WR....
Dude fumbles the ball on just about every touch...I imagine that's the reason. However...there's got to be someone (other than Powell) in this group of misfits who can do KR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.