Went gun show this weekend

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thought I’d share

And a purchase
I give you an A f vcking plus on your field trip sir....
Is that an 870 Tactical? If so you'll need a breaching choke...just don't tell the Donkey I said so....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I give you an A f vcking plus on your field trip sir....
Is that an 870 Tactical? If so you'll need a breaching choke...just don't tell the Donkey I said so....
I did some more recon but that was the best. She was dropping jaws all over the place.
No sir that is the cheapy Mav 88. Can't even add a choke to the long barrel. Bought a tac star side saddle w/ rail for it though. Might mount a cheap light or red dot just for giggles.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I did some more recon but that was the best. She was dropping jaws all over the place.
No sir that is the cheapy Mav 88. Can't even add a choke to the long barrel. Bought a tac star side saddle w/ rail for it though. Might mount a cheap light or red dot just for giggles.
Good work. Price don't make a shotgun any better or worse until you get into stupid money....My buddy's Benelli jams more than my 870 and cost two and a half times as much...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There isnt a thing wrong w a Mossberg and that is exactly what that is. They just dont put as much time into the finish on that and sell it cheaper.

Be careful w cheapy side saddles. Ive seen several of the Chinese plasticky ones fail and cause the gun to malfunction. Remember that you replace the stock pins (I forget which ones on a Mossberg) w some Chinese stuff and if they arent spec or if the Chinese plastic sidesaddle breaks, you may have a hammer/trigger malfunction or a locked action bc the bolt they use also happens to hold the trigger/hammer in place.

Im not a hug fan of sidesaddles anyway. Ive gone back to buttcuffs on my personal guns. I just like that buttcuffs dont affect the action and balance the gun better. Sidesaddle puts more weight out front and slows down the gun and screws up the beautiful balance on most shotguns.

You would have a tough time finding a shooting in which even a cop needed to reload his shotgun. Only two come to mind and one was in the 80s. The prospect of a normal civilian needing to reload his shotgun in a gun fight is exceedingly remote. (Not to say you dont train for it, just that it isnt common.)

Less gadgets mo betta w a shotgun IME.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
There isnt a thing wrong w a Mossberg and that is exactly what that it. They just dont put as much time into the finish on that.

Be careful w cheapy side saddles. Ive seen several of the Chinese plasticky ones fail and cause the gun to malfunction. Remember that you replace the stock pins (I forget which ones on a Mossberg) w some Chinese stuff and if they arent spec or if the Chinese plastic sidesaddle breaks, you may have a hammer/trigger malfunction or a locked action.

Im not a hug fan of sidesaddles anyway. Ive gone back to buttcuffs on my personal guns. I just like thatthey dont affect the action and balance the gun better. Sidesaddle puts more out front and slows down the gun .

You would have a tough time finding a shooting in which a cop needed to reload his shotgun, only two come to mind and one was in the 80s. The prospect of a normal civilian needing to reload his shotgun in a gun fight is exceedingly remote. (Not to say you dont train for it, just that it isnt common.)

Less gadgets mo betta w a shotgun IME.
What about a bad ass bandolier?
images

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
BTW if you like guns and chicks (who doesn't) check out American Gun Chick on youtube

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good work. Price don't make a shotgun any better or worse until you get into stupid money....My buddy's Benelli jams more than my 870 and cost two and a half times as much...
I've never run into a Benelli that jams. Perhaps he is using the weird ammo if that is happening. Otherwise, he needs to send it back to Benelli. There are a few springs and such that could break and cause problems, perhaps if he was shooting some super magnum or handload that broke something.

Generally, a recoil operated shotgun like the Benelli is going to be far more reliable than a gasoperated shotgun like the 1100 (but Benelli will recoil more).

If he is trying to use the AA type skeet loads (or similar) I wouldn't be surprised if that won't work the Benelli. If he is buying low recoil tactical ammo, that stuff sometimes wont work in a Benelli (usually older Bennie) or similar recoil operated gun but if that is the ammo he prefers the gun can be modified.

Your premise is absolutely correct. A Mossberg or 870 will do a fine job, and your pump gun will feed absolutely any 12g shell.

BTW the Stoegers are fine guns too if you want an automatic. They are essentially a Benelli/Beretta made in Turkey using actual Beretta tooling.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've never run into a Benelli that jams. Perhaps he is using the weird ammo if that is happening. Otherwise, he needs to send it back to Benelli. There are a few springs and such that could break and cause problems, perhaps if he was shooting some super magnum or handload that broke something.

Generally, a recoil operated shotgun like the Benelli is going to be far more reliable than a gasoperated shotgun like the 1100 (but Benelli will recoil more).
M4(gas) with light loads....the only time I witnessed it he cleared quickly and went back to 00. He said it has a history of doing it with lighter loads ...It runs like a scolded dog with the hot stuff though.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Follow up. Took the Mossberg to the range. Brought 20 rounds of ammo - they only allow slugs. Only shot 10. LOL. shoulder got a little sore.
Now I want a shockwave - no shoulder fatigue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Follow up. Took the Mossberg to the range. Brought 20 rounds of ammo - they only allow slugs. Only shot 10. LOL. shoulder got a little sore.
Get a shockwave and tell me how your hand feels.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I much prefer the Mossbergs safety and slide release locations to that of the 870...

All about what you grew up with, my first dove shoot @ age 12 I used my uncle's Remington 48 20 gauge. Santa brought me a Remy 1100 12 gauge for Christmas that year. These days I have morphed into a Benelli fanboy.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

How about buckshot? Indoor range I shot at in GA allowed buckshot, but no birdshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.