We're getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh please. We were in their backfield every damn play. That QB is very mentally tough and was able to hit short throws for first downs all day, but it never got them anywhere. CSU couldn't run the football at all. The tackling was solid, absolutely nothing like last week.

Because we were playing Colorado state...but feel free to be impressed

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:dunno:
Have to wait and see how we play against an SEC team. We certainly don't seem to be as stupid as we were under the last two regimes. ST's are being allowed to play. Play calling is maybe even better than it had been. Is Franks getting better? Yeah probably considering this is the first year in his life that he is getting competent coaching. Soo many holes and weaknesses though. I don't know if this line will ever be serviceable. I don't feel like Mullinz outcoached CSU tho'. We just did what we do and waited for them to f' up. I'd rather have seen something I could point to and say that we took advantage of their weakness.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Going 3-8 on third down against CSU is terrible.

OTOH, Franks has as many TD throws in the first 3 games as he did all of last season. That's something positive.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I will say it until it changes. Pierce needs more touches and they need to be when the game matters. He is our best back with Davis hobbled

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I don't know if I saw improvement or we just simply played a much worse team. The outcome was much better tho so I'll take it. Still say we won't know anything until a few more games.
Oh, I think we KNOW what we have, just depends on whether we can improve enough to make a run or not.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Colorado held this team to under 300 yds less first downs and rolled up 590 yards of offense on them...let that sink in
Which game are you talking about? They had 310 yards total offense and we had 341.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Because we were playing Colorado state...but feel free to be impressed
All I said was that it's asinine to consider this a bad day by the defense. If you want to hate on Florida, at least make it legit. No need to make up stuff.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which game are you talking about? They had 310 yards total offense and we had 341.

University of Colorado which is a far inferior program to Florida did what I just said

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of Gators picked us to lose today. Even more said we have no chance at covering the 19.5 point spread. Those same people are STILL ****ing all over the team despite a 38 point win.

The main problem with this team is still Franks. If he can play even average football, I expect to win in Knoxville.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
A lot of Gators picked us to lose today. Even more said we have no chance at covering the 19.5 point spread. Those same people are STILL ****ing all over the team despite a 38 point win.

The main problem with this team is still Franks. If he can play even average football, I expect to win in Knoxville.

It’s well known that nobody suffers a win more than us. Nobody.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
University of Colorado which is a far inferior program to Florida did what I just said
Not sure you can apply far inferior to Colorado with all the unknowns here. That's a tricky measuring stick.

I would have liked to have seen us play better on defense. We didn't get as much push as I would like. Corners gave up too much ground.They exploited our lack of depth up the middle when Chauncey Gardner went down.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I agree offense is struggling. D looks improved and ST was awesome. I wish we saw Trask for more than 2 seconds at the end or EJ.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Here's a novel concept. Special teams can be a factor when you actually have a special teams coach not named Nord.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Wilson mattered; the secondary is certainly in a bit of disarray at the moment. However, saying we didn't get enough push is ridiculous - perhaps we were watching different games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb