We're getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
To paraphrase Gertude Stein
Trask ain't no answer. Trask ain't gonna be the answer. Trask never has been the answer. That's the answer.

Probably, we don't know that. However, we do know that Frankfurter is the answer to 4-8 seasons every year, why not ask a different question?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yes poon we suck. We are not gonna win anything with Franks. Who you got instead? We are getting better and it shows..........we may not win 6 games but he aint gonna fix this sharkphker clustrfckk in one year or probably two.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I have to believe that Mullen knows Trask isn’t the answer. He must not be better yet or they would play him. Don’t buy into the media hype from the preseason. We’ve been led astray many times.

How would he know? I haven't seen him in a game when it mattered. Would Mullen similarly decided famously mediocre practice player Wuerffel wasn't the answer either?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think that's what you take from this win. We still have all the issues we had last week -- spotty quarterback play, inconsistent blocking, poor tackling, missed assignments by the secondary, not the intensity that I would like to see on the DL -- but you can see leaders being formed and the overall play improving.

ST play was lights out.

We're gonna struggle at Neyland. Don't care. Only care about how we are in late November.

IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR.

Obviously the competition level matters a lot, but I saw some baby steps in the right direction.

Special teams - A+

DL & LB - played with much more intensity and effort.

Secondary - young guys played a bit better. Our numbers are so down it’s clearly a difficult project so I’m glad to see them making some plays against a very good passing offense.

OL - Much better than the first 2 games, which isn’t saying much of anything. Still a LONG way to go.

Franks - too much running. Inaccurate. But some good plays too. Just needs to keep working at it. That’s all I can ask.

RBs finally started getting going and had some holes. Pierce is a beast in waiting.

WRs still not getting separation, but some nice plays. The windows are about to get way tighter. They have to improve.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Umm because it's to Kentucky and they got cleaned on both sides of the ball? How does that bode well at all into the SEC schedule?

They returned 8 on defense. Four of their OL and their RB returned as starters on offense. The main questions were QB play and whether their WRs would step up. Don’t count KY out just because of what you think they are. They are a good team.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
How would he know? I haven't seen him in a game when it mattered. Would Mullen similarly decided famously mediocre practice player Wuerffel wasn't the answer either?

Exactly. But hey, the special teams scored the majority of the points against a cream puff, we're obviously almost awesome now even with Franks & Beans running the show. We're on solid pace for another Birmingham Bowl, why give Trask a shot in meaningless bust of a season?

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

You don’t think Mullen knows whether Trask is better? That’s a bigger problem if true. I trust his judgment over yours.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You don’t think Mullen knows whether Trask is better? That’s a bigger problem if true. I trust his judgment over yours.

Some players are more gamers than others. It would be nice to know if any of UF's other QBs had that characteristic.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously the competition level matters a lot, but I saw some baby steps in the right direction.

Special teams - A+

DL & LB - played with much more intensity and effort.

Secondary - young guys played a bit better. Our numbers are so down it’s clearly a difficult project so I’m glad to see them making some plays against a very good passing offense.

OL - Much better than the first 2 games, which isn’t saying much of anything. Still a LONG way to go.

Franks - too much running. Inaccurate. But some good plays too. Just needs to keep working at it. That’s all I can ask.

RBs finally started getting going and had some holes. Pierce is a beast in waiting.

WRs still not getting separation, but some nice plays. The windows are about to get way tighter. They have to improve.
Our receivers are disappointing at route running. We look lazy and undisciplined.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
Some players are more gamers than others. It would be nice to know if any of UF's other QBs had that characteristic.

Yeah it would be a shame to actually give another QB a few series with full support, can't risk that Toulan WeedEaters bowl bid.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When you watch teams like Bama, Ohio State and even TCU you can see just how far we still have to go. We're not even close to competing for anything.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have a feeling we’re going to overreact after every game this season. Did we improve? Probably. Was it as much as people think? Probably not. So long as we make small adjustments and build every week, we may play like an 8 win team by the end of the season. It’ll be too bad that right now we’re playing like a 4-5 win team

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Just curious, as a head coach, when do you decide to pull a guy who is learning each week (possibly slower than you’d like) and decide to just throw in an unknown to see if he does something better? I don’t think Mullen is ready to make that decision and take that risk just yet. That’s not to say it won’t happen, but He’s said that Franks is not making bad reads. He hasn’t played that poorly yet. The defense lost the KY game more than the offense. I sat in the stands frustrated more at them.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
When you watch teams like Bama, Ohio State and even TCU you can see just how far we still have to go. We're not even close to competing for anything.

We shouldn’t be surprised by that either. Yet some want it to happen this season.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I had to double take. Thought Ron Zook may have titled the thread.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a coaching issue.

You can put the best coach in all of football and at some point it’s up to the player. If you inherit a terrible team of people recruited to the company by terrible bosses before you arrived and yet you can’t make them better in 6-7 months, is that on you? Who keeps their job? Getting rid of good managers and keeping bad people wont make the company better.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going 3-8 on third down against CSU is terrible.

OTOH, Franks has as many TD throws in the first 3 games as he did all of last season. That's something positive.
sssshhhhssss that's not exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb