Were Pumpers Right on GC Activity If Dumpers Left?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
First, this is not about bringing the lesbian donkey back. But, it has been over a year since he left, and others leaving or posting less due to having less positive perspectives include @BMF and @ltraz. I raise this for consideration moving forward and reactions to new voices that show up.

For years prior to their departure, the pumpers here would argue that GC traffic and posting would substantially increase if the dumpers were muted or gone.

Well, we had a new coach in his first season and now first full recruiting class season with far less critical posters/posts (not non-existent, just much less as SD and LtRaz posted a lot of content and drove much discussion). Were the pumpers right that it would lead to more board activity?

Objectively, @oxrageous - are the numbers up or down? It certainly feels down but that could just be my interaction/myopic view.

Subjectively, is it better? I'd vote no. The depth of football discussion is not at the same level, even if less people may be made fun of or saddened by harsh perspectives.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's get one thing straight.....anyone who wasn't actively banned for having done something egregious left on their own accord because of their overly sandy vaginas

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rick james cocaine GIF

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's get one thing straight.....anyone who wasn't actively banned for having done something egregious left on their own accord because of their overly sandy vaginas
Certainly some sand in vaginas, but also probably people getting tired of self censoring.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Off season is a bad time for a post like this.....

traffic is always down in off season ...

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
75% of the 80 man roster made the SEC honor roll (Fall 2022 3.0 or better).

Donkey couldn't bring worse news.

nerd GIF

nerds GIF

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law made a healthy decision for himself. A quick glance at his final few months’ posts will tell you that.

Itraz brought knowledge but also would go off on tangents(specifically with NOLA, also gone) and just lost it. I also think much of his knowledge may have been made up and we just bought it.

YL became the biggest sand “guy” here. His exit was cringeworthy. I picture him walking the streets of LA, high-fiving homeless people using the bathroom on the sidewalk because he’s just that much better than us. He also hated that I remembered some of his old posts and would bring them up. Good riddance.

@BMF will come back around. Guy retired, bought a Breitling and moved to Florida, single-handedly forcing home-owners insurance premiums to quadrupole. So he’s been busy and mostly in other forums.

Point being, no one was forced out and we didn’t actually lose anyone of value entirely.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Numbers are down and have been dwindling for years, and maybe personal hatred for me is the reason. Don't know, don't particularly care anymore. I think the numbers have been dwindling on ALL the boards, as it has a hell of a lot more to do with apathy for the mediocre program. Untold thousands of Gator fans have gone from die-hards (the type the join boards like these) to casual fans. We can thank Jeremey Foley for that one - may his armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Do I think the numbers would pick up if the Gators were NC contenders? Yes, I most certainly do, no matter how much of an asshat I may be.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law made a healthy decision for himself. A quick glance at his final few months’ posts will tell you that.

Itraz brought knowledge but also would go off on tangents(specifically with NOLA, also gone) and just lost it. I also think much of his knowledge may have been made up and we just bought it.

YL became the biggest sand “guy” here. His exit was cringeworthy. I picture him walking the streets of LA, high-fiving homeless people using the bathroom on the sidewalk because he’s just that much better than us. He also hated that I remembered some of his old posts and would bring them up. Good riddance.

@BMF will come back around. Guy retired, bought a Breitling and moved to Florida, single-handedly forcing home-owners insurance premiums to quadrupole. So he’s been busy and mostly in other forums.

Point being, no one was forced out and we didn’t actually lose anyone of value entirely.
One question. Who is YL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.