What’s John Hevesy doing now?

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
If you were close to 60 or so and were responsible with your money would anyone on this board, really be interested in dealing with a bunch of spoiled 18-22 year olds and the drama they bring with them especially with all the changes in CFB over the last 3-4 years....yeah....no....

No.

But Lowes? Surely there has to be a better alternative.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No.

But Lowes? Surely there has to be a better alternative.
Looks like he has a background in home inspections so maybe that knowledge is a tie in. Some older/retired people do jobs like that because they enjoy helping people and there's not a lot of pressure involved.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the dude has his shcit paid off and money in the bank, kids out of the house then I could totally see why one would take a job at Lowe's or something like this. Especially with how college football is now. Probably wants no part of it.

My parents are retired and still substitute teach part time cause they're bored.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
If the dude has his shcit paid off and money in the bank, kids out of the house then I could totally see why one would take a job at Lowe's or something like this. Especially with how college football is now. Probably wants no part of it.

My parents are retired and still substitute teach part time cause they're bored.
Yep, my mom took a job at the church 2 days a week to help out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he has a background in home inspections so maybe that knowledge is a tie in. Some older/retired people do jobs like that because they enjoy helping people and there's not a lot of pressure involved.
Crete does a little plumbing pressure testing as a side hustle.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We often glamorize what it would be like to hold a position as a CFB coach but I doubt many would be cut out for it. My buddy's older brother has been coaching in college for over 20 years and while it does pay well there is hell to pay for it too. Dude carries 3...yes 3 phones, which never stop, has a nice home close to campus but is never there, has had to pack up and move 5 times in the last 15 years and says it just keeps getting more and more hectic.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
One thing this revelation confirms to me is how important assistant coaches and staff are. No good team has mediocre coaches. Mullens staff was low level and it showed on the field. How good is Napier's staff?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you were close to 60 or so and were responsible with your money would anyone on this board, really be interested in dealing with a bunch of spoiled 18-22 year olds and the drama they bring with them especially with all the changes in CFB over the last 3-4 years....yeah....no....
Exactly, which is why you need to finally sunset the fantasy of Urban Meyer returning. He doesn't want to coach again for ANYONE and I don't blame him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My buddy's older brother has been coaching in college for over 20 years and while it does pay well there is hell to pay for it too. Dude has had to pack up and move 5 times in the last 15 years and says it just keeps getting more and more hectic.

Have you considered maybe meeting him for a beer sometime, where you can have a heart to heart sit down with him and kindly suggest that he stop sucking at his job and constantly getting fired.

I’m not married to the beer idea. Just workshopping here.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You guys are bad. You criticize peoples jobs. I have been a topless dancer for years and I dont appreciate it. Some of us have to do what we have to do.
I knew it!!!!

chris farley dancing GIF

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If Hevesey was a brilliant business entrepreneur, he would have partnered with Zook. John will inspect your home and send Zook to clean it upon closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mamab