What about the flyover?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I saw last week a couple posters were joking about paying for a flyover during one of the home games. If what is being said in other threads is true about Jim being unhappy something like that might just do the trick of pushing him over the edge. So if one of you *******s is willing to do the work of getting it lined up I'll be more than happy to pay half of whatever the cost is. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's a great idea? We've just got to decide on what we want it to say. Here's a few suggestions.

1) **** you Jim!!!!

2) Bring back Muschamp

3) Zook was better

4) Chip Kelly (or pretty much anyone but Jim) or bust.

I guess if enough of you like the idea we can have one of those handy dandy polls to decide the slogan. Let's get this ball rolling.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
banner.gif

The FireRonZook.com guys actually did do one, I think this flew over one of our bowl games.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Butters!!! Invest in Crest White Strips!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I saw last week a couple posters were joking about paying for a flyover during one of the home games. If what is being said in other threads is true about Jim being unhappy something like that might just do the trick of pushing him over the edge. So if one of you *******s is willing to do the work of getting it lined up I'll be more than happy to pay half of whatever the cost is. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's a great idea? We've just got to decide on what we want it to say. Here's a few suggestions.

1) **** you Jim!!!!

2) Bring back Muschamp

3) Zook was better

I guess if enough of you like the idea we can have one of those handy dandy polls to decide the slogan. Let's get this ball rolling.
So do the legwork and get pricing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this would be a thread about the actual flyover before the A&M game, which was awesome. And loud.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I thought this would be a thread about the actual flyover before the A&M game, which was awesome. And loud.
That was my guess. Best flyover was in the 80s. NOBODY knew he was coming. Some guy from Ocala in a BIG military plane buzzed in LOW. I heard his lisc. was suspended. Sat nite was very cool, too.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
SUN 11/24/1985 HOUSTON CHRONICLE, Section 3, Page 16, 2 STAR Edition

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A World War II-era bomber that buzzed a stadium during a university football game was making its final flight before being turned over to Smithsonian Institution, its owner and pilot says.
"It was a perfect day. We had made several passes in the country, and the airplane felt good," John Marshall said.
"It was a last hurrah - the airplane is going to the Smithsonian. She had a good home in Florida, and we wanted to say good-bye."
Marshall, a radiologist who lives in Ocala, could lose his pilot's license and be fined $1,000 for buzzing Florida Field, where 72,000 were attending the Florida-Kentucky game.
The pilot acknowledged that he violated a Federal Aviation Administration regulation that requires planes to maintain a 1,000-foot altitude when flying above a crowd. But he said there was "no malicious intent" involved. The B-25, named "Carol Jean," which appeared in the movie "Catch- 22" as "Luscious Lulu," was received eagerly by officials at the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum.
"We have long been searching for a B-25. We've been purposely holding back to find a good one," said Tim Wooldridge, the museum's aeronautics department chairman.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I always figured you would flip two birds at flyovers.
One for each plane that flew over. :dance:

But seriously, flyovers are incredible. Back in the day, we used to go to a lot of VMI games growing up, and a stealth bomber did a flyover before their rivalry game with The Citadel one year. I'm still trying to get the sh*t stain out of my underwear from that one. :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about a diridgable drone, screenprinted sides = 2 messages, that would oh so slowly circle above the stadium? Use P.A. speakers to broadcast that fast "Benny Hill" theme song. Message suggestions:
1) GatorNation needs Mcgrief counselling.
2) Not the players' fault.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t go away mad, just go away!

Jun 2, 2015

1) **** you Jim!!!!

2) Bring back Muschamp

3) Zook was better

I appreciate your frustration as we had Al Golden & his sidekick D'Onofrio (who was best man at his wedding and who Golden refused to get rid of regardless of the fact that he was doing a horrible job) for five long, miserable years. We had numerous fly-overs, held up big signs @ games, flooded the AD with letters and emails of complaints, plus a whole lot of fans stopped contributions, etc., but the final straw came when thankfully Clemson took us to the woodshed on national TV. Why not a simple fly-over sign stating, "FIRE MAC", plus numerous home-made signs to be held @ strategic areas where TV could pick up on them. But, it would probably come down to GA beating you by 4-5 TD's and Bull Gators pulling the plug.

If a coach has not shown appreciable improvement by the end of 3 years (it has only taken Frost @ UCF and Richt @ Miami 2 years) a 4th or 5th year won't improve it either. We, in fact, got worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb