What are your favorite podcasts

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Currently listening to Down the Hill about the 2 young girls murdered in Delphi, IN which is a really small town not far from me. Still unsolved and it’s an awful story but so far very interesting to listen to.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Any good financial podcasts? I've been listening to Ric Edelman Financial, The Truth About Money. Pretty good stuff, he does a weekly show and it's posted as a podcast.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yay! Finally my Forever First Lady is bringing it!
Can't wait to listen while curled up in my jammies with a lovely iced, Ristretto, 10 shot, venti, with breve, 5 pump vanilla, 7 pump caramel, 4 Splenda, and poured, not shaken (of course!)

The Michelle Obama Podcast - Higher Ground

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
and the Scorpions were West German rockers, so you may be on to something here
I finished the podcast.

A lot of it was speculation, but one interesting fact was one of the managers responsible for the scorpions was a major player in the Manuel Noriega scandal.

He avoided jail time altogether, in exchange for bringing concerts to Russia. (Oversimplification)

it’s a good podcast, as it talks about the CIA’s influences on music and pop culture and not just the song winds of change.

decent production value too, nothing worse than a poorly made podcast with bad audio

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Couple of years ago CDGator (she is new here too but some of y'all know her) introduced me to Podcast

Mike has a very interesting perspective on the things he discusses. But I don't listen regularly.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Couple of years ago CDGator (she is new here too but some of y'all know her) introduced me to Podcast

Mike has a very interesting perspective on the things he discusses. But I don't listen regularly.

Do I know you, Nalt?

Mike Rowe is like the modern day Paul Harvey and has a great show. Just fast forward through the 5 minutes of advertisement plugs. ;)

If IT interests you then Darknet Diaries is a must. Excellent show and well researched.

Mobituaries was entertaining and random

Dolly Parton's America was entertaining if you are looking for something lighter

Joe Rogan - some episodes are better than others

Overheard at Nat Geo - interesting and short episodes

Just my .02 and always looking for new recommendations.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Do I know you, Nalt?

Mike Rowe is like the modern day Paul Harvey and has a great show. Just fast forward through the 5 minutes of advertisement plugs. ;)

If IT interests you then Darknet Diaries is a must. Excellent show and well researched.

Mobituaries was entertaining and random

Dolly Parton's America was entertaining if you are looking for something lighter

Joe Rogan - some episodes are better than others

Overheard at Nat Geo - interesting and short episodes

Just my .02 and always looking for new recommendations.
I think we crossed paths years ago. Then some time after that I found out that you were stalking me. I hope that court-ordered psycho-therapy was able to help you... :hahaha::lol2:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I think we crossed paths years ago. Then some time after that I found out that you were stalking me. I hope that court-ordered psycho-therapy was able to help you... :hahaha::lol2:

PTSD from meeting you is doing better. Thanks for asking.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok, time to update this old thread with new podcasts. What are you listening to?

I bounce around depending on how focused I need to be while listening.
Darknet Diaries is my favorite
Small Town Dicks (detectives talking about murders they’ve solved)
American Scandal (I’ve listened to several good ones about the unibomber, Enron, Theranos)
Joe Rogan

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.