What did we learn from the USC game

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Results for McCalister X-Rays are in........ It's a foot

*No permanent damage, will be in a boot for awhile.

We don't need him against FAU

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Florida's offense isn't a mystery.

1. Our o-line isn't good. They looked great in pass protection on Saturday which is a nice improvement. But they aren't going to magically become good in run blocking. This is mainly because Halter, Dillard, and Thurman aren't very good. It is a talent issue in my opinion. We do have some large dudes that will be ready next year. Hopefully they step up.

2. Treon's arm strength or lack thereof is killing this offense. Defenses know Treon simply can't make certain throws so they are playing closer to the line of scrimmage. This is one of the things killing our run game. I'm not sure what we can do. Treon can become a smarter QB, but you can't magically get a strong arm.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Sharpe is a man among boys with his size, but he reminds me of Xavier Nixon for some reason.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Treon likes throwing powder puffs. These balls will be INTs against better D.

Oct 5, 2014
The first quarter interception that Treon threw against South Carolina last Saturday reminded me a lot of the pick-six he threw near FSU's goal line, which was the difference between winning and losing last year's game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The first quarter interception that Treon threw against South Carolina last Saturday reminded me a lot of the pick-six he threw near FSU's goal line, which was the difference between winning and losing last year's game.

Treon never threw a first quarter interception.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You mean a wide open receiver dropped a pass into a defender's hands?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we were told that Treon was the hallmark of ball security and that was why we should have started him from day 1?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Currently with Treon at QB this team needs to control the ball and get turn overs to win. This team is very similar to the 2012 team right now although the OL is not as good at run blocking as the 2012 OL. I would argue Treon is probably better than Driskel because he at least knows how to throw the ball away. The loss of Grier has changed everything about this offense. Grier would see guys and get the ball out quickly. Treon doesn't go through his progressions. I remember one play during the SC game where he scrambled and got sacked even though Cronkrite was open as a safety valve. It might have been a 3 yard pass, but it is a pass you make as a safety valve and maybe he breaks a tackle and gets a first down.

I hope Grier wins his appeal and can play at the start next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What we learned, really confirmed, is that Treon is going to do some good things and some bad things in each game. All we can really do is hope that he makes more good plays than bad and that the bad plays don't come at the worst times. I think the coaching the last few weeks have helped. He seems to be making slight improvements in different areas, but he's got a long ways to go.

We also learned that we have a dependable player in Cronkrite. It's rare to see a freshman, let alone a freshman RB, make a play like he did down the field. Also, this offense moves well the more the TE's are utilized. McGee may not have 100 yard receiving games, but he is consistently good and makes big plays every single game.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Treon had a decent game but is so slow to release the ball the play sometimes goes away. I hope Mac and crew can continue to get him better and he can play good enough to win the next few games...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We learned that we can win ugly!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe is a man among boys with his size, but he reminds me of Xavier Nixon for some reason.
Me too. He's young and will probably improve whereas Nixon never learned how to play.

TheBoroGator

Newbiebutoldie
Sep 23, 2015
We learned that this is the finest football team we have ever watched. The national championship is just 5 easy victories away. Testing, testing, 1,2,3

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator