What do you think is going on with Franks in practice?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We defer to your brilliance.
It really doesnt take much brilliance to watch football games, reads stats and realize that the only time Mullinz even approaches medicrity is when he has a QB who can run 25-35 times a game.

He doesnt have a fvkking clue what to do with a pocket passer. Never will. And he knows it. That is why he doesnt recruit them. It is as dumb as Butters landing Malik Zaire.

Not to suggest that FF isa pocket passer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jeeeesus ****in Christ. You fuggin idiots think Mulkinz is going to stop running the option?

I find the total cluelessness of some amazing.

... but, but the cluelessness resides in Mullen.
Passing QBs can run much better than running QBs can pass.
Besides, Mullen has Franks passing much more frequently than running.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesnt take much brilliance to watch football games, reads stats and realize that the only time Mullinz even approaches medicrity is when he has a QB who can run 25-35 times a game.

He doesnt have a fvkking clue what to do with a pocket passer. Never will. And he knows it. That is why he doesnt recruit them. It is as dumb as Butters landing Malik Zaire.

Not to suggest that FF isa pocket passer.
I think he's growing as a playcaller. Probably not the way you'd like to see him grow, but I like how he's mixed the plays. He's created some unusually good opportunities for us to move the ball and score. Unfortunately, we don't have the right people right now to maximize that potential.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QB who can run 25-35 times a game.

In 9 games Franks has run 66 times, that's 6.3 times per game = so Mullen could run a passing QB (Corral) that much and our O-yards would be better and we prolly beat UK & have much better chance of beating UGa & Mizzou ... have a much better chance at beating any team on our schedule.
It's my non-clueless prediction that no UF QB under Mullen runs the ball even 20 times per game -- let's watch this out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's growing as a playcaller. Probably not the way you'd like to see him grow, but I like how he's mixed the plays. He's created some unusually good opportunities for us to move the ball and score. Unfortunately, we don't have the right people right now to maximize that potential.

That swing pass U stuff seems to have been stopped some however. That is all it really was (and good running stats) but considering we have Franks was a good plan I guess.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That swing pass U stuff seems to have been stopped some however. That is all it really was (and good running stats) but considering we have Franks was a good plan I guess.
That play depends on the other guys. Do they play man? Do they play zone? How fast are they to the ball? Mullen's operative is to have a bruising quarterback force the other guys to respect the middle of the field while creating opportunities in space for his playmakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.