What do you want to ask Foley...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is having a twitter question and answer session today. This is a great opportunity for Ox to collect questions from the members and ask them using the Gatorchatter twitter. This will give Gatorchatter some publicity among Gator fans and possibly drive some membership. While I know there will be a lot of questions posted on here that we realistically won't ask, hopefully we can get a couple worth asking that will make it through whatever filter they setup.

Ox... you good with doing that?
Florida Gators ‏@GatorZoneNews 25m25 minutes ago
Have a question you'd love to ask AD Jeremy Foley? He'll answer your questions live at 2pm - use #AskJeremyUF.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First question... I've seen this mentioned on the board so I think it's a good one...

Was there any thought into putting some type of restriction on Will Muschamp's abillity to coach at another SEC or major Southeast school for a short period of time after leaving UF? #AskJeremyUF

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why does a premier university like UF only have 6 commits with less than 2 weeks left until NSD?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In hindsight, if WM was on fire, would you piss on him or grab the marshmallows?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't tweet but I would be interested in the following:

When might you consider retirement?

Is there any succession plan for the time when a new AD is required?

Is there any consideration to changing our policy of not preventing coaches changing jobs? Especially the HBC.

Is there any consideration of formalizing restrictions on players transferring?

How will we be determining how much to spend on the new "full cost of attendance" program?

Will "full cost of attendance" be made for every team?

How will we pay for the increased costs?

What do you consider acceptable performance for the Woman's basketball program and what actions do you think would improve it?

What other improvements in facilities are being considered? Baseball stadium comes up some and there may be others.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Building off what Vulcan said, but a bit more of a pointed question:

What is your opinion on the full cost of attendance scholarships?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When did you start sending out feelers for a new coach?

Dec 10, 2014
Have you given thought to making attempts to lower the price of attending a Gator game in a general sense (concessions/tickets/parking)?

I'd want to clarify my question with this:
I've had season tickets for years and am seeing fewer familiar faces. It's really not so much a cost issue as much as it's a cost/benefit issue. If you go to the game, you obviously are paying money and paying with your time. If you watch it at home, you can watch all the other games on and aren't getting hit in the wallet. At home, you don't miss other games on as a result of your time getting in and out of the stadium, fighting traffic, and driving, etc. Seems like in the modern world*, fans need to be enticed more.

*Modern world being a world where almost every game is at the touch of your finger. It didn't even used to be that way ten years ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought you were retiring? Did you fire the advisors that drew up Chimp's contract? Who negotiated it? If its not you, did you fire them? Why shouldnt you be fired?

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
How in the world did we become so financially encumbered to a coach who demonstrated no progress, and, in fact, set more historical negative records with our football program than any coach since Pell put us on NCAA probation? Are you still a proponent of the "what must be done inevitably, must be done immediately" philosophy you, yourself, espoused? If so, explain why it was ignored in the Muschamp situation. There is no doubt our illustrious football program has been greatly set back as a result of Muschamp's tenure as HBC. How much of the blame do you personally share? As Muschamp has not only taken the money and run to another SEC school where he immediately began negatively recruiting against us, do you feel any compulsion to seek legal remediation?
(Would also love for someone to ask him the hard questions on the whole Meyer retiring-returning fiasco and exactly how broken was our program that priority one was to hire a sheriff instead of a tried and true HBC.)
...yeah, I'm bitter😡

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Muschamp directly recruiting against us at Auburn (an SEC school) when his contract I believe had a stipulation against that for the first year after he was no longer at Florida?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How did you get the pictures back from Muschamp? That's the only reasonable explanation as to how that fool got one more year here to continue to drive the program into the ground.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some questions already out there...

Why did you let Muschamp have such a ridiculous contract before even competing in an SEC championship? #AskJeremyUF

Why did you let UF fall behind other SEC teams in the facilities race before McElwain arrived? #AskJeremyUF

What is the hold up to naming the court in the Odome "Billy Donovan Court" Billy D is a legend.

What are the chances of making jorts our official jersey pants for all home games? #AskJeremyUF

When will the stadium have Wi-Fi for fans to use during games? #AskJeremyUF

What other football facilities upgrades should we expect? From golfcarts to stadium expansion/renovation ... #AskJeremyUF

The Fake Jim Mcelwain address is taking full advantage...
Jimmy Mcelwain ‏@_jimMcElwain 3m3 minutes ago
#AskJeremyUF any recommendations on what I can do to find some offensive lineman?

Jimmy Mcelwain ‏@_jimMcElwain 5m5 minutes ago

#AskJeremyUF. Just wondering, if you could recommend a good waxing company to update my Brazilian.

Jimmy Mcelwain ‏@_jimMcElwain 7m7 minutes ago
#AskJeremyUF how much money was spent to shut up the victim in the Treon Harris case? Need to know for future reference.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
ATXGator;n156434 said:
First question... I've seen this mentioned on the board so I think it's a good one...

Was there any thought into putting some type of restriction on Will Muschamp's abillity to coach at another SEC or major Southeast school for a short period of time after leaving UF? #AskJeremyUF

Gator Fever;n156573 said:
Why is Muschamp directly recruiting against us at Auburn (an SEC school) when his contract I believe had a stipulation against that for the first year after he was no longer at Florida?

WE fired HIM. Restrictions go out the window when you fire someone - they're only for when the person leaves voluntarily.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n156644 said:
WE fired HIM. Restrictions go out the window when you fire someone - they're only for when the person leaves voluntarily.

Forgot the exact wording in the contract but you think some lawyers could get it in there where if you are let go and want to collect all those millions afterwards that is a stipulation.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
biggator6;n156644 said:

I thought he "resigned."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator