What do you want to ask Foley...

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
lagator;n156946 said:
Mr Foley, can you give me one good reason I shouldn't kick you square in the sack if I ever come across you on the streets?

:headshake:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n156946 said:
Mr Foley, can you give me one good reason I shouldn't kick you square in the sack if I ever come across you on the streets?

You need to post more, LA. We need you back.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n156946 said:

Well I can give you one that perhaps is not that good it is called "battery" and can lead to jail and or civil lawsuits.

Now while I am as frustrated with the Champ situation as any Gator, I do realize that an employees performance is not determined by one situation no matter how important it might seem. He is one of the best ADs and I am happy to have him.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LadyGator74;n156768 said:
What a joke--a PR ploy to make it appear that Foley is sincerely interested in the opinions/concerns of others.

I didn't review the Q&A, so I can't speak to the quality of the questions or answers. However, the simplest alternative is to not have any such thing - leave a complete void and an air of 'I'm Foley, I don't have to answer to anyone." That wouldn't do anyone any good, now would it? The more conspiracy oriented may say they had pre-baked questions that his staff served up as soft balls to work his own agenda (again, didn't read the Q&A, so I can't say this happened, but it is possible), or others may say he deflected and non-answered anything of substance (very possible). But ultimately staying radio silent would have been the worst path for him, I think. Better the appearance of caring that the appearance of not caring.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n157098 said:
Dear Foley,

Why are you so awesome. Why cant you stay forever? Why are your detractors such juvenile, envious fools? Did I forget to say you are awesome?

Swamp Queen wrote those.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n157178 said:
I do realize that an employees performance is not determined by one situation no matter how important it might seem. He is one of the best ADs and I am happy to have him.
It wasn't just one situation. He has abjectly and absolutely failed as an AD at the only part of his job that matters, putting a championship football team on the field.

He's feeling the heat. That's why he had this absurd little stunt.

Dead man walking.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n157629 said:
It wasn't just one situation. He has abjectly and absolutely failed as an AD at the only part of his job that matters, putting a championship football team on the field.

He's feeling the heat. That's why he had this absurd little stunt.

Dead man walking.

Well you have your view and I have a much different view. Time will tell but I bet he will have a job as long as he wants it.

Now if the big donors are putting on the heat then this stunt (which I agree was just PR) would not go much to reduce it. The big guys are not impressed by PR.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n157653 said:
I agree with Law that his main job is to hire a coach that can win the the SEC or at least be competitive in it. Its great that we are kicking ass in volleyball but football is his main job.

So you agree that he is a "dead man walking" which I believe he is going to be fired soon?

Yes his main job is the football team and he attempted to do what he thought would be effective. Same as when he allowed Urban to stay on. He was mistaken so that means we ignore all those years of good performance?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
VulcanAlex;n157178 said:
Well I can give you one that perhaps is not that good it is called "battery" and can lead to jail and or civil lawsuits.

Now while I am as frustrated with the Champ situation as any Gator, I do realize that an employees performance is not determined by one situation no matter how important it might seem. He is one of the best ADs and I am happy to have him.

Alex, it was intended as humor. I know that's not exactly your thing but think of it as levity to offset the complete crap that was actually asked. "Mr Foley, of all your great and brilliant moves, what do think was the greatest?" Talk about ass-kissing drivel.

How about anything like "how much damage do you think was done to the program by the Muschamp hire, poorly timed extension/guarantee, and delayed firing? Has anyone, yourself included, been held responsible for these obvious egregious management mistakes? How do you feel about Coach Muschamp going immediately to a conference rival, recruiting many of the same players he started recruiting for our program? Have any program policy changes been implemented relating to contract extensions and non-compete clauses?"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n157660 said:
So you agree that he is a "dead man walking" which I believe he is going to be fired soon?
If things aren't turned around completely in two years, he's gone.

I'm not sure we have the coach for it, and Fooley owns the hole that he put us in.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n157989 said:
Alex, it was intended as humor. I know that's not exactly your thing but think of it as levity to offset the complete crap that was actually asked. "Mr Foley, of all your great and brilliant moves, what do think was the greatest?" Talk about ass-kissing drivel.

How about anything like "how much damage do you think was done to the program by the Muschamp hire, poorly timed extension/guarantee, and delayed firing? Has anyone, yourself included, been held responsible for these obvious egregious management mistakes? How do you feel about Coach Muschamp going immediately to a conference rival, recruiting many of the same players he started recruiting for our program? Have any program policy changes been implemented relating to contract extensions and non-compete clauses?"

Great questions and I am sorry that I don't see humor too well, and of course I agree that the questions were very soft. I would hope that someone would look to the future rather than the past and see how the results of the past can be overcome or improved upon rather than looking for blame.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So correct Alex. The entire effort needs be hovering over our disheveled puzzle and putting the pieces right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator