What ever happened to Greg Oden?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Pretty good article on what Greg Oden is doing these days - though it's funny how the author talks about the 2007 championship game without actually say they lost that game to UF. I for one never like to refer to a guy as a "bust" when their career was derailed by injuries. When healthy, as he was a great player and certainly was not the reason they lost that game. Opine as you wish.

Greg Oden’s Long Walk Home

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Pretty good article on what Greg Oden is doing these days - though it's funny how the author talks about the 2007 championship game without actually say they lost that game to UF. I for one never like to refer to a guy as a "bust" when their career was derailed by injuries. When healthy, as he was a great player and certainly was not the reason they lost that game. Opine as you wish.

Wasn't he like 63 years old back then? Prolly dead now... or married to a Kardashian.

UPDATE: just read the article... he looks younger NOW than he did in 2007!!!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Wasn't he like 63 years old back then? Prolly dead now... or married to a Kardashian.

UPDATE: just read the article... he looks younger NOW than he did in 2007!!!!
I just happened to come across that article today. I laughed at the coincidence of the conversation in the box

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am gonna say: had a bust of a professional career, beat up his girlfriend and had a short stint in jail, has several kids and refuses to pay child support, and is currently homeless.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

Nice article, he's decided to pay it forward and not dwell in the coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I think in the 07 game he had like 25/10 against us. Dude was a baller and we couldn't handle him. He had no help.

He may have been 21-22 back then, but his knees were 75.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think in the 07 game he had like 25/10 against us. Dude was a baller and we couldn't handle him. He had no help.

He may have been 21-22 back then, but his knees were 75.
As I recall he got worn down by the number of big men we had to go up against him. I remember him getting quoted later saying something about Chris Richard should be on the football team. He also had several blocks that UF got the ball back on and scored on the possession anyway.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
As I recall he got worn down by the number of big men we had to go up against him. I remember him getting quoted later saying something about Chris Richard should be on the football team. He also had several blocks that UF got the ball back on and scored on the possession anyway.
Back when we had a coach.........

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
bingo, we had horford, noah and richard all take turns wearing his tired azz out and boy they did, especially richard. he got some points but we dominated the game and the outcome was never in doubt. someone above said he had no help which is garbage. mike conley was the PG and a top 10 player at that time.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bingo, we had horford, noah and richard all take turns wearing his tired azz out and boy they did, especially richard. he got some points but we dominated the game and the outcome was never in doubt. someone above said he had no help which is garbage. mike conley was the PG and a top 10 player at that time.

Agreed
We even put Maurice Speights on him for a couple of additional fouls.

Before we praise Oden’s performance that night one should watch the game again and you will see that although we committed about 20 fouls against him he committed nearly as many against us that night but for some strange reason the whistle stopped blowing after Oden got his third foul called.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Agreed

Before we praise Oden’s performance that night one should watch the game again and you will see that although we committed about 20 fouls against him he committed nearly as many against us that night but for some strange reason the whistle stopped blowing after Oden got his third foul called.
This deserved more than the 1 LIKE I can give it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Agreed

I knew there was a fourth guy we put on him, but couldn't remember who. Speights was the guy I couldn't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb