Gator Basketball *** What Happened To BBall UF versus Ole Miss? ***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We got thrashed by an 11-11 team.
We looked and played like Mike White was a loaner coach we checked out of the library?
6'10" Payne had too few minutes.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
think something is wrong with the server. Thread was up yesterday and some things are missing. At least that is what they say. I think those hamsters were placed elsewhere and have not come out :lmao2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it appears some problems with the site yesterday resulted in a couple of things going missing.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Senior guard returns for team. We continue to heave shots late in shot clock and when we actually do get some type of offensive set, we a. mishandle ball b. miss wide open shot or c. shocked that a play worked and freeze allowing defense to recover. Meanwhile on defensive end we rotate poorly allowing said senior guard to sink like 10 3 pointers or cuts to basket for easy layups. Opponents seem to shoot about 75% while we are mired in the mid 20's.

I think that's about it, I didn't watch the second half, switched it to gymnastics....

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Squirrels tired? Or did they go on strike?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Florida (14-9, 6-4) is back on the road Wednesday night with a date at Texas A&M (11-11, 5-5), which was blasted, 74-54, at South Carolina earlier in the day.

UF played down to Coach White's standards - like a loser team.
IMO, Payne lost many minutes to White's blind obsession with guard-play. 6'10" Payne. {was White "teaching" Payne to make him better?
Mann played 25 minutes = went 0-6, scored 0 for the Gators. Glover 9 minutes = 0 points for Gators.
6'10" Payne played 7 minutes 2 points ..... 6'11" Jitoboh played 8 minutes = 2 points.
We scored 27 in the first half and 24 in the second. Nice halftime lockerroom redirection.
We did not play near the basket, because we practiced outside stuff?
White is not developing our "big men", not even playing them? White misses the point of an attacking team to score from high % positioning.??

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
What happened to UF BB is the fact that Mike White is the last of a series of crappy hires by a vastly overrated AD. To paraphrase Churchill's comments regarding a certain teutonic dooshbag: Every touch of his corrupt and corroding finger must be sponged, purged and if need be blasted from Gator Nation. Fire White now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We’re going to pretend like it never happened.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Yeah, it appears some problems with the site yesterday resulted in a couple of things going missing.

it looked to me as if all posts from the time the site came back up early yesterday afternoon until around 9:30 last night were lost.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
We’re going to pretend like it never happened.

I’m good with that. Due to unusual circumstances I could only listen to the first half, and missed the second half. From the sound of things, the team played as if they couldn’t see in the first half either, and they also missed the second half.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thankfully I didn't watch the game, we were busy out and about with our kids. Typical predictable loss on the road against a crap team. Look for more of the same to happen on the road vs TAM too. Ole Miss got their best guy back vs us and he got revenge on us in a huge way. TAM had a rough game yesterday so you know they will be amped up and light it up vs us like most teams do. Just another step/loss to close out the season and get rid of MW once and for all. HE GONE.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
think something is wrong with the server. Thread was up yesterday and some things are missing. At least that is what they say. I think those hamsters were placed elsewhere and have not come out :lmao2:

I heard that the Ole Miss' forum liked what we posted so much that they pushed our thread through the transport portal over to their sports board.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thankfully I didn't watch the game, we were busy out and about with our kids. Typical predictable loss on the road against a crap team. Look for more of the same to happen on the road vs TAM too. Ole Miss got their best guy back vs us and he got revenge on us in a huge way. TAM had a rough game yesterday so you know they will be amped up and light it up vs us like most teams do. Just another step/loss to close out the season and get rid of MW once and for all. HE GONE.

A&M is horrendous, but the fact that it is on the road makes it a challenge in and of itself. I saw them early in the year and they were just awful. But with a new coach in Buzz Williams, rest assured his teams will not be outhustled. he actually has gotten them to at least playing competitive ball. Remember he kept Marquette humming along when he replaced Crean and actually got VA Tech to a position where they were going to the big dance almost annually. I suspect with the money to work with at A&M, Buzz will have them sniffing the tourney by next year. And Mike's team can't overlook anyone and that goes double on the road.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Am I wrong in thinking this team plays better up tempo, but Nembhard can't run that style?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TAM is horrible but so can we look horrible most times especially on the road. TAM is coming off a huge 20 point loss @SC so you just KNOW that TAM is going to be amped up playing at home against a wounded and wildly inconsistent UF team. If TAM gets up early, you know our guys get bogged down and tend to get down big. TAM will mostly likely come out hot cause most teams usually do against us. This one shapes up as an easy loss for us and White another step further out the door. HE GONE.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gauging by the few responses here, I’d say we have a fan apathy problem. How long before it becomes a player apathy problem?

I haven’t seen it this lackluster since before Donovan was hired. Actually, before Kruger was hired.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Am I wrong in thinking this team plays better up tempo, but Nembhard can't run that style?

It's up to good coaching to push and develop Nembhard & other guards to being up-tempo players, and also develop our "inside talls" to get fed the ball and score and put them into foul trouble. Early on Blackshear got 12+ FTs and he made 10 for 10 points. We got a glimpse of how the team can get Payne into solid # participation, then White made Payne disappear? White has no redeeming qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.