What I am hearing about coaching changes...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n118007 said:
I agree - I highly doubt Arkansas will have much success running that offense over the long term.

He will have more success going forward if the conference continues to recruit smaller faster defenders to combat the increasing spread offenses in the league. Tough for teams to recruit players to defend spread and power. The hybrid athletes that can do both at a high level are far and few between.Teams that are outliers can have success because of the matchup problems they present. The thing that can take them to the next level is getting a big time receiver on the outside that can take the top off a defense. Generally these type of teams end up being good tackling teams from practicing against themselves.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FireFoley;n117914 said:
Regardless of what happens today (yes I believe Ole Miss will beat MSU), I want no part of Freeze. He is terrible at game management and has never shown me he completely understands the 3 phase game. All you have to see is that when he had a chance to kick the potential game tying FG at LSU from 42 yards his A**hole got so tight you could not get a toothpick up there, and he decided with 10 seconds left on the play clock to run the FG unit out there. Well that was way too late and his team ended up with a delay of game penalty. So he eschews a 47 yd attempt and sends his offense out there and his moron QB threw a horrendous pass. I know Freeze did not threow that pass, however he opened that door so wide for that to happen. That was 500% Freeze's fault. And he has made other questionable in game decisions. This league is not for the meek, and it is why this fly by nighters can rise up for a bit but then sink again. You will see it as ARK will pass both MSU and Ole Miss by soon if all these coaches remain b/c Bielema understands game management much more that Mullen or Freeze.

Good coaches lose football games. I remember 20 years ago, a school I am a HUGE fan of and actually graduated from had a 28 point lead going into the 4th quarter....and ended up with a tie....and probably should have lost. I also remember Terry Bowden going 2-0 vs. a legendary coach from our school. Then there was Urban Meyer losing at home to a mediocre Ole Miss team. Remember when Nick Saban lost to Utah....and Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. I could go on and on and on and on.

Not that Freeze is the right guy for the job, but what he's done at Ole Miss is impressive. If you're not impressed I suppose anyone but Nick Saban won't make you happy. Freeze is as hot a coaching prospect as there is right now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of coaching changes - It looks like Nebraska may be looking for a new coach also even if they win today.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n117914 said:
You will see it as ARK will pass both MSU and Ole Miss by soon if all these coaches remain b/c Bielema understands game management much more that Mullen or Freeze.

We had Bielema for 4 years and it sucked. No thanks. Ox, please, anyone else who mentions Beliema needs to be banned. Especially if they also want Foley fired, as they clearly don't have UF's best interests at heart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n118019 said:
What about Jeff Brohm? He's got the professional experience that was mentioned as a requirement for the job and he is a student of the Petrino school of offense.

Exactly. He may win today so he should be the top candidate. 6-5 career record and hasn't a clue about defense. Sounds perfect.

But, hey, he may win today.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n118019 said:
What about Jeff Brohm? He's got the professional experience that was mentioned as a requirement for the job and he is a student of the Petrino school of offense.

**** no! In that case, why not Petrino himself? Forget the middling understudy, get the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator