What is it about TENNESSEE?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n30854 said:
Tennessee will be decent again. Eventually south Carolina and Vanderbilt will drop back down. Kentucky will always suck.

I disagree. The odds are all against them. They are the next Kintucky and I said it nearly a decade ago.

Back to Alvie, what is it about Tinerc? The shallow gene pool.

Honestly, Alvie, no one but you mentions them. Frankly, we are far more worried about MIzzu and Vandy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n30880 said:
plunger431x300.jpg

I am Law98 and I endorse this message.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n30929 said:
I disagree. The odds are all against them. They are the next Kintucky and I said it nearly a decade ago.

Back to Alvie, what is it about Tinerc? The shallow gene pool.

Honestly, Alvie, no one but you mentions them. Frankly, we are far more worried about MIzzu and Vandy.

Funny man. That's rather comical to propose you're more worried about Missouri or Vandy but a loss to the Tennessee Volunteers would be shattering beyond words. There is no registering the emotional and psychological trauma of having to endure wild eyed winning Vol fans popping off on the radio and television sports media about crushing the Gators and starting a new quest for the National Championship.

So ahead and lose to Tennessee in Neyland. Make my day, make my Millennium.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Another coulda, woulda, shoulda....or in Alvie's position hoping, wishing, praying for a UT win. Dude in all the years we've had far worse crushing defeats. Feel free to post something more relevant after UcheaT has put a streak of 9 on UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yorkel, perhaps the real heat started when Peyton was at UT. Weeks before the UF/UT game we had to read in all publications how much ​greater-fantastic Manning was than Wuerffel and then 2 weeks after the slaughter all the
write-ups were back bragging on Peyton.
That rubbed us raw.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n30964 said:
Yorkel, perhaps the real heat started when Peyton was at UT. Weeks before the UF/UT game we had to read in all publications how much ​greater-fantastic Manning was than Wuerffel and then 2 weeks after the slaughter all the
write-ups were back bragging on Peyton.
That rubbed us raw.

I think we've got a winner here. Unbridled Peytonism was a sore spot with the Gator faithful. They got full to the gills of Peyton love from UT fans and the national media. What I remember is the unexpected comeuppance when the Gators came back from a big half time deficit to crush the Vols and Peyton in he second half. Peyton was to be the cover on Sports Illustrated but Danny boy's superlative performance landed him the gig. How mortifying.was that. One of the most disastrous days in UT history.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
30-21 was a big halftime lead? Newsflash...not nearly big enough. :lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Parts of his argument are based in reality. West Tennessee is okay, middle Tennessee tends to be commodore or MTSU fans. But keep going east and Knoxville is nasty.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n30969 said:
You can't spell Citrus without "UT" :chomp:

...also you can't spell slUT without UT.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n30939 said:
Funny man. That's rather comical to propose you're more worried about Missouri or Vandy but a loss to the Tennessee Volunteers would be shattering beyond words.

It would be shattering. Lose to Tinerc or Kintucky and you are in last place in the SEC.

It doesn't get any lower than losing to Kintucky.

BTW, you will lose to Kintucky again this year. Remember who told you. And you'll lose big to Vandy, again.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
slUT will more than likely be 1-3 when they play UF at best 2-2. You got more schnit to worry about right now Alvie than UF. Remeber what B!tch Jones has been saying up here??? "Brick by Brick". Yep, ya'll will be doing that.......:kiffin: brick after brick.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n30842 said:
Sometimes I get the feeling the Gators fans inordinately relish beating the University of Tennessee. No, you don't get just off defeating the Volunteers you live for push our faces in the sand.

What's the origin of this vitriolic ardor? Florida and Tennessee are not even contiguous states. We are far from traditional rivals like Noles and Dawgs. Yet the prospect of Tennessee achieving old parity and winning this year in Neyland strikes terror and extreme hostility in he heart of the average Florida fan. If Muschamp blows this game in Neyland he's a dead man walking. You know it. I know it.

Are you envious of our rich storied exploits and famous individuals honeycombed throughout American history? You have no Elvis, Fed Ex, Alvin York, Al Gore, Beale Street, Andy Jackson, Andrew Johnson, Grand Ole Opry, Lookout Mountain, Peyton Manning, Great Smokey Mountains, Junior n Lulu - the list is endless? Perhaps you are jealous of our legendary metropolitan centers of culture like Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville?

You retort with hillbillies and incest. There are no hillbillies in Memphis or West Tennessee. We're over 100 miles closer to St. Louis than Knoxville. Nashville and middle Tennessee are hybrids of West and East Tennessee. No real hillbillies there. I've got some historical revelations for you, Incest went out with the Egyptian Pharaohs. Dental health and hygiene is better in east Tenseness than the panhandle of Florida.

So what is it about Tennessee? I prefer scholarly theories to your old school UT insults and ball breaking. Try to keep this discussion at a higher plane.

Andrew Johnson?? One of two presidents to ever get impeached. You take pride in that?

BTW, Lets go PEAY!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There was a time when Tenessee was a rivalry and an important game. It was the opening of the SEC schedule and always between two teams that were in contention for the SEC East title. Realistically... it has lost it's luster. No longer the first SEC game for either team and it has been a very very ver long time since Tennessee even came close to competing for the East. So now.. it's really just another game, losing to Tennessee would be just as bad as losing to Kentucky or Vandy..., we consider you on the same level.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the probation comment, and Rog's comment about the Peyton era. In reality UT, shouldn't matter to us any more than UK or Vandy, but during the '90s, Danny beating Manning (and all of the hype around him) and SOS owning Fat Phil ratcheted things up. Add to that the "real season" started for us with UT and that that game typically decided the East and it was usually among the first "must-see", nationally televised games of the year. This has not the case for a long time, and for me personally, UT no longer approaches for enmity the Humpers or Clowns. I want to and expect we will pound them into the turf of either BHG or Neyland each year, but I don't circle that one on the calendar anymore. Well, not as much as I used to....

I do agree with those that say the deck is stacked against UT's return to prominence. While occasional good seasons are possible, I think the recruiting landscape and cutthroat culture of the conference put them at a big disadvantage, especially with A&M and Mizzou in the conference adding to the competition for southern 4* and 5* recruits. UT simply cannot stock their roster and compete solely with Tennessee recruits, where they'd presumably have some advantage. And, I'm not sold that Butch Jones is an HC to rebuild a program in the SEC.

You may want become accustomed to 7-5 seasons, Alvie....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything's pretty much already been touched on by others. The bottom line is, UT was an important game when they were our first SEC game of the year, and UT was actually relevant in the national picture. These days, not so much.

I understand Alvin yearns for the days of old when UT was a team that mattered. It's a shame he just can't accept the fact that when UT fired Fat Phil, the decline of the UT program was at hand. After 3 new head coaches UT has not been able to climb back into the national picture. Hell, they couldn't even beat a 4-8 UF last year. You think our posters are full of doom and gloom, poor UT has sunk to UF's pre-SOS days of "wait till next year!" Now all Alvin has left is to troll rivals' boards looking for some sympathy.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I miss ol' orange pants. He had the best ideas.
tumblr_lqcmucs9mi1qcihyqo1_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator