What is the reason for Mullen's perceived cap?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, acting like you know wtf you're talking about.

Seriously? Acting like those 9 years dont tell us anything is stupid. Frankly, this conversation is as well. He's the worst head coach in AP history when both teams are ranked. There's no asterisk or footnote. He owns it. Hopefully he does better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously? Acting like those 9 years dont tell us anything is stupid. Frankly, this conversation is as well. He's the worst head coach in AP history when both teams are ranked. There's no asterisk or footnote. He owns it. Hopefully he does better.
This is not going to end well.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's stupid is you continuing to try & defend your position without addressing the original point.

But hey, the world needs slow just like it needs fast.

Any 9 year old with basic reasoning skills knows you can't label someone"capped" based on results from one school. Especially when that school has ZERO history of success worth noting. Oh, except for when they had that same guy you're trying to "cap" & he took that previously pitiful team to heights never before seen.

Get a grip man.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Tom Osborne was considered a 9-10 win coach too for a long time, 10 years, before his program took off for an incredible run. Finally after 25 seasons they never won fewer than 9 games in a season under his reign. Those 9-10 win seasons ended up being their lowest point.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What's stupid is you continuing to try & defend your position without addressing the original point.

But hey, the world needs slow just like it needs fast.

Any 9 year old with basic reasoning skills knows you can't label someone"capped" based on results from one school. Especially when that school has ZERO history of success worth noting. Oh, except for when they had that same guy you're trying to "cap" & he took that previously pitiful team to heights never before seen.

Get a grip man.
What defense. It's his record. His name. No one cries for you because you were at MSU. Dont take the job. Go coach somewhere else. Dont stay for nine years getting your head kicked in. The world doesn't care about excuses.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What defense. It's his record. His name. No one cries for you because you were at MSU. Dont take the job. Go coach somewhere else. Dont stay for nine years getting your head kicked in. The world doesn't care about excuses.
In retrospect maybe you're right about a "cap" in play here.

It's become painfully obvious you're "capped" at this point in rational thought and critical thinking.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oh burn. You really told me. In retrospect, drink bleach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
His one dimensional offense and his inability to recruit are the biggest holes in his game. I will say he has suprised me with how his offense has evolved vertically. I'm hoping recruiting will improve. This signing day will tell us his true ceiling imo.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
As I have said before, Mullen is a good coach, no doubt. Is he a great coach? I don't think he is... yet. Can he become a great coach? I think so, but to do so, his overall playcalling during the game has to become more dynamic. I admit that I have seen some glimpses that give me optimism. Especially some of the in-game and halftime adjustments we have seen. That has been a breath of fresh air.

I said in the offseason that I would judge him according to the results of this year. He was left a big mess by the 2 morons that came before him (3 if you count the way Urban/Addazio's last year went), so he really is starting from the ground up... all while doing it under the national spotlight at one of the premier programs in the country. He gets a pass this year, and in some respects is ahead of where I expected us to be at this point (I knew Kentucky would be tough, thought Tenn had potential to be a loss, and I fully expected us to lose to LSU and uga). However, due to what we have seen, it will be a let down if we lose any more games this season. The rest of the schedule should be victories.

Hopefully he becomes a much better recruiter immediately, and his offense evolves to become less predictable and more dynamic. I'm sorry, but I just do not believe you can base a passing game around slow-developing bubble screens. I'll take a quick slant or a seam route over a bubble any day. And to base a power running game on the QB these days means you've gotta find another Tim Tebow or Cam Newton. Good luck, because those guys ain't easy to find. For those reasons, I believe he must adapt and be more flexible with his philosophy going forward. At this point, I can't blame him too much, because we have zero depth at damn near every position, and a high-functioning retard playing QB. One could argue that, at least for this year, what he does on the recruiting trail is as important, if not more, that what happens on the field. I am convinced that a huge benefit for us it that he is truly dedicated to UF and is totally invested in everything that makes our university great. Muschamp never really fit in, and Mac was... well, he was retarded. And both of those guys were incompetent. Mullen has potential for greatness and I am hoping he someday reaches it.

With all that said, if Mullen ever calls another designed running play for FF, I am perfectly fine with people rushing the field, carrying him up the bleachers, and throwing his ass out of the stadium. That's just inexcusable.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Except for that coach in the 90s who competed for the west title every year and took them to the SECG.

Oh yeah, that one time, back in band camp, when they almost did something noteworthy? But they didn’t?
Yeah, I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator