What is your favorite Florida State Park?

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
As a teen, I spent a great deal of time at Ponce De Leon Springs.

My current favorite is Florida State parked at #5!
I used to fish Lake Woodruff a lot from Tedders next to the park. Often stayed until dusk, and would get a call or text from Jack knowing there were no other boats in the run, so we would race back to Spring Garden Lake from Woodruff. Great place to get away and surrounded by nature.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I always loved Little Talbot and Big Talbot State Park. Floating the Ichetucknee was always a great time, and if you are in south FL the Fakahatchee is amazing.

These aren't parks, but state forests and natural areas

Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenways State Recreation and Conservation Area

Lake Wales Ridge State Forest

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to Devil's Millhopper for their 50th anniversary event Sunday... for being such a small park, I forgot how peaceful and nice it is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I always loved Little Talbot and Big Talbot State Park. Floating the Ichetucknee was always a great time, and if you are in south FL the Fakahatchee is amazing.

Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenways State Recreation and Conservation Area

Daughter's home school group did the guided tour and animal exploration at Ichetucknee last spring. Never knew that portion existed until they did it.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Its not easy to get a camp site in The Keys. You have to be online at 8am sharp and be lucky to snag a reservation. 11 months ahead of time! I finally got lucky and snagged a spot at Curry Hammock State park for next January. I wish I could stay more than the 3 nights I'll be there. You can book up to two weeks at a time. I tried Bahia Honda every morning for a week, struck out. They do have a cpl of non electric tent only sites but thats a little too primitive for me.

Non Florida residents can only book 10 months ahead, so the new rule is helping me.
New in 2024: Florida residents can book state parks camping before anyone else

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Just scored 4 nights beachfront in May at Curry Hammock State Park, Marathon. It fits perfect with my schedule after 3 days at Homestead. :yes:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

My father built a home on Big Talbot. Lived there in the 80s. Great flats fishing (reds) on mud river during the winter. Great Trout fishing at Ft. George inlet in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.