What really happened on our last coaching search

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hang on, hang on.. remember when the Mullenites believed that Chip was never offered the job.... How much schit people said...

Again, shows how broken our system is....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well there was a fat gay guy who said no and gave us some maple syrup for our trouble. Then there was a semi-Downs guy who gave us the finger driving up 75(passenger seat of course). So we called the chubby girl with the drinking problem because we knew she(unlike Brad and Ox) would still be up. The end.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well there was a fat gay guy who said no and gave us some maple syrup for our trouble. Then there was a semi-Downs guy who gave us the finger driving up 75(passenger seat of course). So we called the chubby girl with the drinking problem because we knew she(unlike Brad and Ox) would still be up. The end.

Sofla, the fixation you have on Brad and Ox as they sleep in their bed is getting a little disturbing. Next you will be asking who spoons whom... and do you really want that mental picture?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sofla, the fixation you have on Brad and Ox as they sleep in their bed is getting a little disturbing. Next you will be asking who spoons whom... and do you really want that mental picture?

I don't see either of them as the spooning type. Besides, tough to watch Mad About You that way.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hang on, hang on.. remember when the Mullenites believed that Chip was never offered the job.... How much schit people said...

Again, shows how broken our system is....
He was not offered the job. It looks like he would have been. He could be a liar. But he has no reason to lie. If there were specific negotiations he can say "we just never came to terms", IOW, the job was offered but it did not work out.

What I did learn is that Stricklin really didn't want to hire mullen and I thought it was mullen all along and the rest was just a show.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was not offered the job. It looks like he would have been. He could be a liar. But he has no reason to lie. If there were specific negotiations he can say "we just never came to terms", IOW, the job was offered but it did not work out.

What I did learn is that Stricklin really didn't want to hire mullen and I thought it was mullen all along and the rest was just a show.

You go ahead and believe that...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

so the real story goes out now and we're no longer pretending that Mullen was anything but a late night slump buster after one of our worst months ever.

also, big vindication to some of us with "sauces."

also leaking now the stories that Mullen was one of the most hated people in the athletic department and the most lazy. again, supporting some of our sauces.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

There's a story with texts(can't see the name of who's in the conversation) that White had quit on Hevesy and wasn't even practicing. It also says Hev's wife left him right before the season. Quite a bunch we had. Part of me wonders if Hev had spent more time recruiting, he wouldn't have been been home so much annoying his wife, and might still be married. Sad scene all around.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
so the real story goes out now and we're no longer pretending that Mullen was anything but a late night slump buster after one of our worst months ever.

also, big vindication to some of us with "sauces."

also leaking now the stories that Mullen was one of the most hated people in the athletic department and the most lazy. again, supporting some of our sauces.
That story was published in September....."Fast forward nearly four years and here we are.On Saturday, the Gators host mighty Alabama."

This is why America is ****ed when you only read headlines to form an opinion off of.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
A masterpiece of insane bullschytt. Well done.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a story with texts(can't see the name of who's in the conversation) that White had quit on Hevesy and wasn't even practicing. It also says Hev's wife left him right before the season. Quite a bunch we had. Part of me wonders if Hev had spent more time recruiting, he wouldn't have been been home so much annoying his wife, and might still be married. Sad scene all around.

Hevesy actually approached Thomas Goldkamp and said that he had a friend whose son played high school football and he wanted to know how to get him noticed. He wasn’t sure how the recruiting process worked……

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
They thought Kelly was a football savant, but they hired Mullen and got it almost half right.
Seems like they wanted Kelly. I guess for whatever reason when Kelly withdrew his name, if that's what happened, they settled on mullen and mullen was a back pocket guy for Stricklin. It's really something when your former AD really does not want you.

I would like to know how many conversations Stricklin had with mullen about staff and recruiting. I think Stricklin knew what mullen was and is all along and probably hoped he could coach and boss mullen out of his laziness.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hevesy actually approached Thomas Goldkamp and said that he had a friend whose son played high school football and he wanted to know how to get him noticed. He wasn’t sure how the recruiting process worked……
Incredible. Where did you read or see that?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Seems like they wanted Kelly. I guess for whatever reason when Kelly withdrew his name, if that's what happened, they settled on mullen and mullen was a back pocket guy for Stricklin. It's really something when your former AD really does not want you.

I would like to know how many conversations Stricklin had with mullen about staff and recruiting. I think Stricklin knew what mullen was and is all along and probably hoped he could coach and boss mullen out of his laziness.

yup, during the presser I felt like SS was listing program requirements as things Mullen was not and got the take communication had broken down and input was not being received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator