What SEC BBall Coach Do You Hate The Most?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What schools is Insti talking about? I’m only familiar with like 2 of them.
At least he didn't include FU. Of course when I was a freshman, there was an intramural BB team named the Florida University College Kids. The Alligator even used the abbreviation once.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the SEC has some real likeable coaches.

Let look at them by school name:

U--A--L: Avery Johnson, I liked him as a player and he has not really irritated me much as a coach though he did beat UF when UF was a big home favorite to start the slide out of the tourney White's first year.

UAR: Mike Anderson, I could dislike him but he always seems to lose to UF, so I always root for him to keep his job.

AU: Bruce Pearl, I have always liked him even when he was beating UF too often at UTn. I think he is good for the SEC.

UGa: Tom Crean, I think he is fine for UGa. He is name enough to make UGa respectable but for now does not seem to be a threat to UF.

UK: John Calipari, he has generally said good things about UF and I think with UF playing so many frosh this year people might start to appreciate what he does every year getting a bunch of high school egos to learn to play college ball. UK has not been the unbeatable juggernaut UK fans thought they would be under him, but they have not been as bad as I thought they might be forcing frosh guards to play so early and so much.

LSU: WIll Wade, I know little about Wade, but his recruiting is beginning to move him up on my irritation list.

UMiss: Kermit Davis, Another one I know little about and I worried when he was hired he might make the good. We shall see over time, but tonight he did not seem to be that good a bench coach to me.

MSU: Ben Howland, come on how can I not have a soft spot for the guy who was on the other bench when UF won its first NCAA tourney. He is another name ala Crean that lend respectability to the SEC without being a real long term threat in my view.

UMo: Cuonzo Martin, another guy who I have to admire. He bailed on the UTn fans when the began to turn on him and you have admire that. Also I think he another good coach who will help the rep of the SEC but not threaten UF consistently.

SoCar: Frank Martin, I hate getting mugged by his teams, but how can I dislike the guy who sent Udonis Haslem and other players to UF when he was a high school coach? His name is good for the SEC basketball rep, but not a consistent top level threat.

UTn: Rick Barnes, yet another name that for now I do not think is a long run threat to UF. Sure some think his team is good this year. I for one would be shocked if he even made the final four with this group. Again a name that is good for the SEC rep.

aTm: Billy Kennedy, The guys is sick with a chronic disease, how can I hate him since he does not usually cause UF problems.

Vandy: Bryce Drew, Who did not like him hitting that shot for Valpo to send UMiss and Mike White home in the NCAA tourney. Now he has continued this and is making it a bit of a trend of beating UF and Mike White which is moving him up my dislike list.

I guess I will go with Calipari, but he really does not bother me as much as many. Wade and Drew are moving into contention with me.

Excellent commentary that shows that you are paying attention to the league. I agree that Calipari is easy to dislike because he’s a total fraud that is getting rich. I have to add Mike Anderson to my list only because he is coaching Nolan Richardson’s somewhat racist program.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Excellent commentary that shows that you are paying attention to the league. I agree that Calipari is easy to dislike because he’s a total fraud that is getting rich. I have to add Mike Anderson to my list only because he is coaching Nolan Richardson’s somewhat racist program.

I agree somewhat about Richardson's program. I think with Anderson it is somewhat less that way.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
In any normal situation I'd say Bruce Pearl's sleazy ass, but Calipari is just that bad. I wish he'd jump ship to the NBA and coach the Bucks or some other irrelevant team so we'd never have to hear from him again.
I don't want Calipari anywhere near the Bucks.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
No hate here for any of them. One I most want to beat is Calipari and his band of Blue bloods, no pun intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.