What Should Determine Napier's Success?

What's acceptable for Napier's first 3 years?

• National Championship

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • SEC Championship

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • College Play-off

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Top 5 Recruiting

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Exciting Football...What ever that means?

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Disciplined Football with a good shot at the Play-offs

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Champions of life

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My issue with academics...it's apples and oranges. Especially at schools like UF...most had no chance of acceptance without sports...Hats off to those who do...to play sports and go on to become doctors, engineers, etc...now that's impressive.

Believe it or not, this is what football players used to do.
I know it sounds crazy but back in the day we actually had players that went to law school and medical school. Now its “human performance” majors for all.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Believe it or not, this is what football players used to do.
I know it sounds crazy but back in the day we actually had players that went to law school and medical school. Now its “human performance” majors for all.

Well the Ivy League and Academies still do...but do want to watch that?

And if we get to political here we run a risk of getting sent to re-education.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
WOW. Our #1 goal should be to graduate good young men. That's what the goal was when I played, that's how I was coached and that's how I coach. Parents want to hear that their boys will be taken care of and looked after and some of them don't get that at home so its important that they have that strong male role model at school. That has been muddied with the NIL and honestly, that kid and his mom that want $10M pr year to come and get a college education, are probably not cut out to be Gators anyway. They belong in Miami where they will crash and burn. UF will never resort to buying players, we shouldn't have to. The greats even today would have still come for free, the Hernandez's and likes, ohwell. You really have had to have played the game for this to make sense. Tebow wouldn't have needed a dime to play at UF.

BN is doing it the right way. Coaches are letting us back on campus, kids are talking about Florida again, its not like it was but give it a year or so for them to see the teams we put on the field and they will come. I think our must beat team under BN will be LSU and its about time that rivalry was reignited and will be a recruiting goldmine. UGA will always be UGA and that being said they will get in their own way and collapse this year. A solid, disciplined team will beat them. UM believes their own hype too much, they will be lucky to go 6 and 5 this year. FSU won't be much better. I'm surprised that Utah is favored over us but that's OK. No one really knows what to expect but look for BN to run, run and run some more then blow them out with AR for some big numbers. AR will get some Heisman noise this year I think.

I predict a 9 plus win season and a good bowl game which will set us up for 2024 and a run at the SEC game.
TH

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
WOW. Our #1 goal should be to graduate good young men. That's what the goal was when I played, that's how I was coached and that's how I coach. Parents want to hear that their boys will be taken care of and looked after and some of them don't get that at home so its important that they have that strong male role model at school. That has been muddied with the NIL and honestly, that kid and his mom that want $10M pr year to come and get a college education, are probably not cut out to be Gators anyway. They belong in Miami where they will crash and burn. UF will never resort to buying players, we shouldn't have to. The greats even today would have still come for free, the Hernandez's and likes, ohwell. You really have had to have played the game for this to make sense. Tebow wouldn't have needed a dime to play at UF.

BN is doing it the right way. Coaches are letting us back on campus, kids are talking about Florida again, its not like it was but give it a year or so for them to see the teams we put on the field and they will come. I think our must beat team under BN will be LSU and its about time that rivalry was reignited and will be a recruiting goldmine. UGA will always be UGA and that being said they will get in their own way and collapse this year. A solid, disciplined team will beat them. UM believes their own hype too much, they will be lucky to go 6 and 5 this year. FSU won't be much better. I'm surprised that Utah is favored over us but that's OK. No one really knows what to expect but look for BN to run, run and run some more then blow them out with AR for some big numbers. AR will get some Heisman noise this year I think.

I predict a 9 plus win season and a good bowl game which will set us up for 2024 and a run at the SEC game.
TH
1658841633972.png

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

TH
I agree with everything you are saying, but... :lol:

If we go back 100 years, sports were actually intramural (equivalent of what is now "club" everywhere). I would say that scholarships themselves were the "first NIL" addition to the equation (in 1950). Scholarships changed the sport first. That's when schools started recruiting people that wouldn't get admitted to a particular institution otherwise (whether they be Ivy or SEC, no difference), and that's been going on for the better part of a century as well. When you look at the change over time in collegiate sports, NIL was the clear and natural progression of things. That doesn't mean I like it, but that's what it is. The question will be: "does D1 football continue to thrive and bring in big $, or does it collapse on itself by killing the goose that laid golden eggs?"

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I agree with everything you are saying, but... :lol:

If we go back 100 years, sports were actually intramural (equivalent of what is now "club" everywhere). I would say that scholarships themselves were the "first NIL" addition to the equation (in 1950). Scholarships changed the sport first. That's when schools started recruiting people that wouldn't get admitted to a particular institution otherwise (whether they be Ivy or SEC, no difference), and that's been going on for the better part of a century as well. When you look at the change over time in collegiate sports, NIL was the clear and natural progression of things. That doesn't mean I like it, but that's what it is. The question will be: "does D1 football continue to thrive and bring in big $, or does it collapse on itself by killing the goose that laid golden eggs?"
IMHO...

I'll say this again...P5/D-1 needs a Commissioner and maybe a board with a rep from each conference...not the NCAA. The commissioner needs to set NIL boundaries according to the Law and maybe educational boundaries.

The NFL should start a minor "off season" developmental league...for those who don't want or can't qualify for college. They could be part of a supplemental draft or be able to be called up like baseball.

I'd also have TV pay a portion of the money to FCS and D-2...So they would not be dependent on D-1 for revenue...and eliminate meaningless games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb