• Fall down

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stupid question. Did we win? DId he run for a TD? Malik is a big reason weve won the last two and sans a fumble a big reason against UT. Next question............
I do not think it is a stupid question. It gets to root of our football program. It's the vision, mission, culture...if this does not make you pause,...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize Mac cried about it. I try not to listen to his interviews.

That's dumb.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Perine running out of bounds two plays earlier was a much bigger decision, even thought Davis made it moot.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, Davis scored. What if... on the ensuing kickoff, the vandy returner fumbles it and we scoop it up and score another TD to go up 21? And what if the same thing happens on the next kickoff, and we score another TD to go up 28? We can play the what ifs all day, both ways. Not taking a TD to go up 14 points is playing not to lose, and I'm sorry, but I will never agree that is the way the game should be played. That kind of offensive strategy left here a couple of years ago and went to South Carolina. I'm disappointed that it seems to have shown up again in the form of Butters. I would prefer it to go away and never come back.

Points win games. There's no such thing as too many of them.
I hate defending Butters but playing not to lose would have been a punt on that play instead of going for it on 4th down like he did.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Ideally, run down to the five and then run sideways until Vandy has a chance to tackle, then score. Try not to get a taunting penalty while you are doing it.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
As I said score. But rather than focusing on the victory as Mac is doing (very happy afterwards) we're debating this. He absolutely is not mad at anyone. Watch the interviews.

He went for it. Went for the juggler to end the game. He made the right call. He knew he wanted the 1st down to nail it down. He called and they got it....and a whole lot more.

Enjoy the victory.
+100

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I hate defending Butters but playing not to lose would have been a punt on that play instead of going for it on 4th down like he did.
I told my wife we should have let Eddie kick the FG on 4th down.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
He did this time what instinct dictates... next time, if his coaches tell him otherwise..he better do as they say....doesn't matter what we think..it does matter what his coaches think, whether you like them or not...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He went for it. Went for the juggler to end the game. He made the right call. He knew he wanted the 1st down to nail it down. He called and they got it....and a whole lot more.

Enjoy the victory.
That is what happened. But that last part seems to be the most difficult thing for some gatorfans.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We win either way. Debate all you want. Keep trying to mire the team in controversy. The national media is slurping it all up.

Mac went for it on 4th down with the game on the line. Great call executed to absolute perfection. That is aggressive football...playing to win...nailing it shut. Keep whining over whether he should score or not. That's what the kids watching on TV and all the inept announcers do....debate. Mac and his boys took matters into their own hands and left nothing to chance.

You guys take winning really, really hard.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's only being discussed, nobody is taking the win hard.

Cant we discuss Gator football related topics?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SCORE

If I had to guess, neither of Mac's testicles have descended. Quit neutering our players... the TD wins the game in spectacular fashion (worth the price of admission-great entertainment), compliments/validates your struggling O-line, completes a big day of confidence for your run group/game and sends the message that Florida is scoring again on the ground. Mac you're a paranoid worry wart. Good grief man, RBs are hard wired to go to the house, dream of breaking the back of the opponent to win the game, be stronger in the 4th quarter... and there's Mac weakening the Gator mojo that's trying to breath. Good job team, you sometimes have to beat the opponent and a mentally constipated coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.