What was your Uh-Oh Moment in the Mac Era?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
In the chat room they are speculating that I am sad to see Mac gone. Good grief! One would have to be brain dead to want Mac kept after the death threat episode.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
giphy.gif
Cute meme, but I am glad he is gone.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Brad, you have every right to enjoy my tardiness. But keep it real. Considering the fact that I may be the only honest poster on the board, making fun of the truth should be sufficient without making crap up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Late to the party. Michigan game. I thought him continuing to win close games must mean he was at least a good on field coach. The last forlorn hope disappeared with LSU.

2 years too late and a dollar short.

I don't buy it AR. You were pumping this clown up until literally a few weeks ago.....

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
AR had literally every excuse in the world...at one point saying the defense was better than 07 and if Mac had Tebow we would be a ton better...**** like that is why people make fun of you

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad, you have every right to enjoy my tardiness. But keep it real. Considering the fact that I may be the only honest poster on the board, making fun of the truth should be sufficient without making crap up.

I dont take joy in when anybody realized that Mac needed to go. Some were way earlier than others. There are even a few who still do not think he should be fired. It's just an opinion.

But to claim that you were ready for Mac to be fired after the Michigan game is laughable.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
2 years too late and a dollar short.

I don't buy it AR. You were pumping this clown up until literally a few weeks ago.....
I agree that it was a few weeks ago. Pretty much what I said. I defended and excused the guy up until a few weeks ago. The Michigan game was my uh-oh moment and the LSU game extinguished the last hope. You call it pumping, I don't. Remember that I have lived long enough to see fans blame the OC when they actually had no clue.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Getting rid of Grier.

Only a second rate, Montana raised, nuclear war zone of a mouth coach would get rid of a talent like that for Luke Del Rio.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Also the Tennessee loss. Zero half time adjustments let them run right by us. He clearly had no idea how to win.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I dont take joy in when anybody realized that Mac needed to go. Some were way earlier than others. There are even a few who still do not think he should be fired. It's just an opinion.

But to claim that you were ready for Mac to be fired after the Michigan game is laughable.
That is not what I claimed. That was the moment I first feared my faith was misplaced. I should have allowed for the low reading comprehension on the board and been more explicit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh boy,.....where do I begin..
When he set WG up to be suspended by the NCAA....Doesn't sound so far fetched now that he's been proven a liar about the death threats, does it?
When he grabbed WG by the scruff of the neck and pulled him away from the podium as Grier was trying to tell us how much of a loser this guy was.
When he proved that he didn't have a clue about any kind of offensive adjustments in the Vandy and FAU games in 2015.

When he put The Oompa Loompa back in the pocket to pass 47-48? times against FSU in 2015 when KT had over 100 yards rushing against them....We could have won that game in an ugly fashion by just running and letting Treon run some basic option stuff...There were 50 highly rated recruits in OUR stadium that night. A win against them would have meant probably a top 5 or 6 class then....

Then came a game which should have been a fun "home" bowl game in Orlando against Michigan and their 1st year coach....I have not seen my Gators get a physical ass whipping like that since the 95 NCG....

That as many of you remember prompted me to declare that Bert was twice the coach this knob was....Everyone laughed and laughed until they saw Arky on the 2016 schedule....Then the disaster in UT had many on here starting to question their loyalty to Butters...

And then it happened....Bert took a defense with 4 or 5 walkon's playing and completely shoved Butters nose in pigsh!t and showed us a functional offense with his mostly 2 and 3 star players....Don't say I didn't tell you so....

The rest is just like a broken record playing on and on until this Guy finally showed this true character, liar/fraud just like he did with WG.....by bringing up something to get him off the hook...

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree that it was a few weeks ago. Pretty much what I said. I defended and excused the guy up until a few weeks ago. The Michigan game was my uh-oh moment and the LSU game extinguished the last hope. You call it pumping, I don't. Remember that I have lived long enough to blame the OC when they actually had no clue.

AR, call it what you want and I realize you're a big Gator fan and want the coach to succeed. One thing I've often repeated on here is that what bothers me about posters like you, who get labeled "pumper", is that is seems ("it seems", I'm not blaming you here...but) that "pumpers" (the one's who will argue to the bitter end w/ anyone who dare call out the coach) will put the coach (and often his assistants) ABOVE the program. That's where I draw the line. I've watched our "program" sinking the last several years....and then come on here and have a pumper (not necessarily you, but sometimes it was you) telling us that we're irrational, he's the man, he'll right the ship, just give it time....and a million other excuses.

When you put the coach above the program there's a problem. I'm not saying "don't support the new guy", but I hope you will take a step back w/ the new guy and realize that the jury is out until he proves otherwise vs diving in head first like you did w/ Butters. When you dive in head first you sometimes end up w/ a broken neck.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The second Michigan game was the icing. They obvious aren't very good this year and they punked us. Any kind of fluid offense and we would have won. They weren't prepared, they weren't coached, they weren't ready. Mac always worried me about his comments on how the players had to figure out if they wanted to win or not. How they'd make their own energy level. No you fat sack of crap you are paid millions to instill that in them. He clearly didn't pressure them before that game. **** him. Good riddance.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, last Monday was really the tipping point. We all saw various flags whether it was unrealistic loyalties or poor recruiting. I thought there was a chance if he jettisoned a few coaches that this class could be a springboard. I guess I was just really hoping more than anything.

There are many on here that saw the a sign and jumped to an early conclusion. Some correctly and some just out of pessimism. I held out hope for longer than was probably needed. Once he failed to dismiss Nuss after last year, he should have been on the chopping block.

I’m glad he chose to open his big fccking mouth and make this easier on Stricklin. Stories of Mac’s douchebaggery are coming out now, and really he probably should’ve been let go long ago just for that. All in the past now and we have a fresh start.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tunaboat still had the best post on Mac I've ever seen on November 10th of last year. I've never forgotten it. The bolded sentence is the truest set of words ever written about Mac.
My ire is now aimed at Foley. How can he be this bad of a judge of coaching talent, again and again? I was high on Mac at the beginning, cool guy, no socks ever, spent his own money to help buy out his contract at C-State. This year has been shocking as his total ineptitude as a coach has been laid out for all to see. No fire in himself or his players. Not much will to win, especially if the other team has one. No game management, no halftime (or any) adjustments, no sideline coaching. Shyte recruiting. And he seems happy with all of it. No mental problem mailing in losses instead of making changes to right the ship. He's making millions for not even trying to do his job and we all know it now. Does anyone think this Phuktard will turn into a butterfly next year and soar? We could waste another 4 years waiting for him to be a real coach and we will be competing with whoever the current bottom feeder is to avoid being last in the SECE in 2020. Cut the damage short and fire him now. He just has no skill for this job. Thanks Foley.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I was very interested in the Mac Era but when he blew up on Kelvin Taylor against East Carolina after a stupid penalty, I thought that it was disturbing. To discipline is one thing, but to make yourself the center of attention at the expense of your player is another.

Spurrier would toss the visor and holler, for sure, and I do not think it was his best attribute as a coach, just as giving up and punting on 3rd and a million against MSU one game was not as well, but there were a million positives to go with that.

I can't recall Spurrier ever taking the time to do what Mac did on there, maybe I'm wrong, but it was the uh-oh moment for me as a fan that this guy wasn't going to be the cool, calm hand on the wheel to take us back to the top.

What was your uh-oh moment?

That didn't bother me. Plenty of coaches have gotten in players faces bout that very thing. I frankly would have been mad if he didn't.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Last year just taking time to see what the guy was doing on the sidelines, because we just weren't making adjustments in games. I saw it every game... the bozo just stood on the sidelines squinting with arms folded, disconnected from players and even coaches - reminded me of a scarecrow in a field. And I thought... We. Are. Fcked.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
My "uh oh" moment was the Treon Harris debacle. Guy can't claim to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer, and then put on a product like that. Once the blinders came off it was really easy to see all the other warts too.

I will say that I tried to like him. He just isn't very likeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.