What was your Uh-Oh Moment in the Mac Era?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by jaywalker72, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,009
    Ratings:
    +11,141 / -977
    In the chat room they are speculating that I am sad to see Mac gone. Good grief! One would have to be brain dead to want Mac kept after the death threat episode.

2. Ancient Reptile

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,009
    Ratings:
    +11,141 / -977
    Cute meme, but I am glad he is gone.

3. Ancient Reptile

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,009
    Ratings:
    +11,141 / -977
    Brad, you have every right to enjoy my tardiness. But keep it real. Considering the fact that I may be the only honest poster on the board, making fun of the truth should be sufficient without making crap up.

4. Brad Thigpin

Oxbucks:
    $5
    Ratings:
    +9 / -1
    When he let Will Grier transfer and lied about why.

• BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $25,904
      Ratings:
      +36,899 / -555
      2 years too late and a dollar short.

I don't buy it AR. You were pumping this clown up until literally a few weeks ago.....

• chferg

chferg #CousinEddieTime

Oxbucks:
        $1,924
        Ratings:
        +3,909 / -261
        AR had literally every excuse in the world...at one point saying the defense was better than 07 and if Mac had Tebow we would be a ton better...**** like that is why people make fun of you

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $7,888
          Ratings:
          +17,466 / -138
          I dont take joy in when anybody realized that Mac needed to go. Some were way earlier than others. There are even a few who still do not think he should be fired. It's just an opinion.

But to claim that you were ready for Mac to be fired after the Michigan game is laughable.

• MidwestChomp

MidwestChomp Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $5,296
            Ratings:
            +11,783 / -69
            [​IMG]

• Ancient Reptile

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
            $9,009
            Ratings:
            +11,141 / -977
            I agree that it was a few weeks ago. Pretty much what I said. I defended and excused the guy up until a few weeks ago. The Michigan game was my uh-oh moment and the LSU game extinguished the last hope. You call it pumping, I don't. Remember that I have lived long enough to see fans blame the OC when they actually had no clue.

• Slevin

Slevin Law’s Alter-Ego
              BANNED

Oxbucks:
              $12,202
              Ratings:
              +16,049 / -380
              Getting rid of Grier.

Only a second rate, Montana raised, nuclear war zone of a mouth coach would get rid of a talent like that for Luke Del Rio.

• Slevin

Slevin Law’s Alter-Ego
                BANNED

Oxbucks:
                $12,202
                Ratings:
                +16,049 / -380
                Also the Tennessee loss. Zero half time adjustments let them run right by us. He clearly had no idea how to win.

• Ancient Reptile

Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
                $9,009
                Ratings:
                +11,141 / -977
                That is not what I claimed. That was the moment I first feared my faith was misplaced. I should have allowed for the low reading comprehension on the board and been more explicit.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $9,957
                Ratings:
                +16,284 / -1,213
                Oh boy,.....where do I begin..
                When he set WG up to be suspended by the NCAA....Doesn't sound so far fetched now that he's been proven a liar about the death threats, does it?
                When he grabbed WG by the scruff of the neck and pulled him away from the podium as Grier was trying to tell us how much of a loser this guy was.
                When he proved that he didn't have a clue about any kind of offensive adjustments in the Vandy and FAU games in 2015.

When he put The Oompa Loompa back in the pocket to pass 47-48? times against FSU in 2015 when KT had over 100 yards rushing against them....We could have won that game in an ugly fashion by just running and letting Treon run some basic option stuff...There were 50 highly rated recruits in OUR stadium that night. A win against them would have meant probably a top 5 or 6 class then....

Then came a game which should have been a fun "home" bowl game in Orlando against Michigan and their 1st year coach....I have not seen my Gators get a physical ass whipping like that since the 95 NCG....

That as many of you remember prompted me to declare that Bert was twice the coach this knob was....Everyone laughed and laughed until they saw Arky on the 2016 schedule....Then the disaster in UT had many on here starting to question their loyalty to Butters...

And then it happened....Bert took a defense with 4 or 5 walkon's playing and completely shoved Butters nose in pigsh!t and showed us a functional offense with his mostly 2 and 3 star players....Don't say I didn't tell you so....

The rest is just like a broken record playing on and on until this Guy finally showed this true character, liar/fraud just like he did with WG.....by bringing up something to get him off the hook...

#33 Concrete Helmet, Oct 31, 2017
                Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
              • BMF

BMF Bad Mother....
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $25,904
                Ratings:
                +36,899 / -555
                AR, call it what you want and I realize you're a big Gator fan and want the coach to succeed. One thing I've often repeated on here is that what bothers me about posters like you, who get labeled "pumper", is that is seems ("it seems", I'm not blaming you here...but) that "pumpers" (the one's who will argue to the bitter end w/ anyone who dare call out the coach) will put the coach (and often his assistants) ABOVE the program. That's where I draw the line. I've watched our "program" sinking the last several years....and then come on here and have a pumper (not necessarily you, but sometimes it was you) telling us that we're irrational, he's the man, he'll right the ship, just give it time....and a million other excuses.

When you put the coach above the program there's a problem. I'm not saying "don't support the new guy", but I hope you will take a step back w/ the new guy and realize that the jury is out until he proves otherwise vs diving in head first like you did w/ Butters. When you dive in head first you sometimes end up w/ a broken neck.

• Slevin

Slevin Law’s Alter-Ego
                BANNED

Oxbucks:
                $12,202
                Ratings:
                +16,049 / -380
                The second Michigan game was the icing. They obvious aren't very good this year and they punked us. Any kind of fluid offense and we would have won. They weren't prepared, they weren't coached, they weren't ready. Mac always worried me about his comments on how the players had to figure out if they wanted to win or not. How they'd make their own energy level. No you fat sack of crap you are paid millions to instill that in them. He clearly didn't pressure them before that game. **** him. Good riddance.

• alcoholica

alcoholica I'm what Willis was talking about
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $8,512
                Ratings:
                +17,212 / -777
                Honestly, last Monday was really the tipping point. We all saw various flags whether it was unrealistic loyalties or poor recruiting. I thought there was a chance if he jettisoned a few coaches that this class could be a springboard. I guess I was just really hoping more than anything.

There are many on here that saw the a sign and jumped to an early conclusion. Some correctly and some just out of pessimism. I held out hope for longer than was probably needed. Once he failed to dismiss Nuss after last year, he should have been on the chopping block.

I’m glad he chose to open his big fccking mouth and make this easier on Stricklin. Stories of Mac’s douchebaggery are coming out now, and really he probably should’ve been let go long ago just for that. All in the past now and we have a fresh start.

• oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
                  Administrator

Oxbucks:
                  $39,843
                  Ratings:
                  +64,120 / -2,260
                  Tunaboat still had the best post on Mac I've ever seen on November 10th of last year. I've never forgotten it. The bolded sentence is the truest set of words ever written about Mac.

• RocketCityGator

RocketCityGator In All Kinds of Weather
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $2,145
                    Ratings:
                    +3,311 / -216
                    That didn't bother me. Plenty of coaches have gotten in players faces bout that very thing. I frankly would have been mad if he didn't.

• Tunaboat

Tunaboat 4th & 34
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $1,263
                    Ratings:
                    +2,158 / -52
                    Last year just taking time to see what the guy was doing on the sidelines, because we just weren't making adjustments in games. I saw it every game... the bozo just stood on the sidelines squinting with arms folded, disconnected from players and even coaches - reminded me of a scarecrow in a field. And I thought... We. Are. Fcked.

• OcalaGator83

OcalaGator83 Not Hopeful
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $468
                    Ratings:
                    +1,529 / -24
                    My "uh oh" moment was the Treon Harris debacle. Guy can't claim to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer, and then put on a product like that. Once the blinders came off it was really easy to see all the other warts too.

I will say that I tried to like him. He just isn't very likeable.