What will game #3 tell us?

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
How is 7-6 a losing season? Alabama 2007 Schedule - Crimson Tide Home and Away - ESPN

Which he followed up with a top recruiting class.

Saban also didn't have a 33-39 conference record when they hired him. Instead he had conference championships and a NC.

If we had hired a champion, I'm sure everyone would be more likely to pretend we may have hired the next Nick Saban.

Not concerned with Mullen's conference record, but I agree with the recruiting issues. That really is my only concern. If we are following this season with an exciting upcoming recruiting class, then I think we all can stomach a mediocre season. I just don't see the recruiting level that we need so far. The only difference though is I think Mullen can get our field performance up to our recruiting rank, unlike butters. If we have consistent top 15 ranked class, I think we will start seeing a top 15 performance in 2 years. It won't buy us any championships though with the way our rivals are recruiting, but at least it would turn the ship around... I hope.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
How is 7-6 a losing season? Alabama 2007 Schedule - Crimson Tide Home and Away - ESPN

Saban also didn't have a 33-39 conference record when they hired him. Instead he had conference championships and a NC.

If we had hired a champion, I'm sure everyone would be more likely to pretend we may have hired the next Nick Saban.

Saban’s only losing record ever was his second year with the Dolphins - and that doesn’t count for much.

He was barely above a .500 coach at Mich. State except his last year they went 9-2. He won 10+ games twice in 5 years at LSU including the 13-1 NC season. His 3 other seasons were 8-9 wins.

His first season at Alabama he was 7-6 with a bowl win and lost to Louisiana Monroe, who went 6-6 that year.

The thing is, it isn’t just the numbers or even having a NC season. Over those years he honed his vision. Few do that. He was the perfect fit for Alabama, meeting their hunger and resources at the right time. Just about everyone except pissed Dolphin fans saw that.

And that’s what we want. A rough 2018 won’t matter if it’s one step in restoring the culture of this program. Many on this board doubt Mullen can do it, and the odds are he won’t. Most don’t. Mike Shula, Mike Price, Dennis Franchione & Mike Debose couldn’t at mighty Alabama.

So far, the climb is looking steeper than it did even a week ago. No matter what Mullen’s ceiling at UF is, it will take awhile to fix this program.

I hope he will and will cheer them on - until I can’t. And then you can say “I told you so, fvvvvcker.”

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Let that sink in.
Yes the sh!t show offenses of the last 6 plus years pale in comparison to the 89th ranked, well oiled machine that fat S.O.B gave us in 2011....and somewhere JByrd will try to spin how all of this is really insignificant when trying to figure out why were taking seats out of the stadium...:headslap:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes the sh!t show offenses of the last 6 plus years pale in comparison to the 89th ranked, well oiled machine that fat S.O.B gave us in 2011....and somewhere JByrd will try to spin how all of this is really insignificant when trying to figure out why were taking seats out of the stadium...:headslap:
BUT we are debt free!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BUT we are debt free!
we're ready for the next Great Recession when all the other teams will go bankrupt.

just like they did in the last Great Recession.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So far it shows that our defense is poor against running, gets little to no push on passing downs, and should be dominating. Same with the offensive line, little to no protection, no run blocking. Very disappointing.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

What are they saying about Frost? (Who I like very much also)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator