What would you do?

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
So I had tickets to the game in Gainesville this weekend but obviously Irma had other plans. My family of four decided to evacuate from our home in Merritt Island and, after much deliberation, accept an offer from my wifes Aunt in Knoxville to stay with her family. To add to the Aunts generosity, we were also gifted free tickets to the Vols game this Saturday as well. Now the conundrum; would you rock all of your Gator gear in Neyland and make sure to chomp at every toothless inbred hillbilly you come across or, be gracious as my wife has STRONGLY suggested and go neutral colors while being cordial with the natives?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Definitely go neutral colors. You will enjoy your time better. Plus I think as a rule you shouldn't wear gear from any team that's not involved in the game. Had a few run ins with douche bag Fsu fans at other games that they weren't involved in.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've always worn Gator gear when in this situation. F*ck protocol and the Voles!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it would be so terrible to wear some of your Gator gear (e.g. cap, t-shirt). I think I'd avoid the big gator head, pom poms, foam fingers, O&B striped overalls, etc., as they might be a tad over. I think I'd also go low key like your missus suggested. Drunk, beat up, and arrested in Knoxville is no way to spend a displaced weekend. Besides, a smug grin or a disingenuous "damn, I thought the Vols had this one" cuts quicker than a Samurai sword. You'll make the right call and probably enjoy yourself. Also, how bad can it be knowing you've got a higher IQ and twice as many teeth than most all of the other revelers?!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your Avatar is a big fat lie.

:lol:

Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Easy on the teeth comments guys. Some of us that love here have a full rack still. Hurtful...

No I'm just kidding. Wear a hat and like Cover says words cut them quick. Especially when they aren't sure if you are serious. "I really thought the backup was better", start that conversation and the UT fans will be all to pieces. It's all I've heard up here this week.

Stay safe guys!

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I live in Knoxville and wear my Gators shirt whenever I go to games. People will give you a hard time but in jest. Just beware of the the drunk frat boy, I've encountered a few angry ones who gave me the finger.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Always represent your university. But you can do it in a low key and respectful way. Dont have to be an ass for this one

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I've always worn Gator gear when in this situation. F*ck protocol and the Voles!
Man even when the only reason you had a bed last night and access to the game was Vols fans generosity?? You're hardcore bro!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I suggest a Gator ballcap based on personal experience. Wore one to a competitive Bama - Ole Miss game in Oxford during Spurrier era. Post-game a loud obnoxious Bama fan was ragging on Rebel fans about how sorry a team Ole Miss was. When he saw my hat he suddenly shut up and I said, "See you in Birmingham.". It seemed to spoil his revelry.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Go neutral. Wear something like a Gator necklace underneath. No need to wear anything else obvious. It's classless. Don't be that guy. That guy is a huge douche.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Be nice and of course you don't want to get that drunk Vole that might use violence to take out their frustration. Enjoy the game and stay safe. I live in Vole land so getting along is much better than fighting.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
5kCe2sz.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man even when the only reason you had a bed last night and access to the game was Vols fans generosity?? You're hardcore bro!
No, the reason you had a bed was kinfolk generosity. Where your Gator hat and a non-sports related white t-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.