What's a good Android phone?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
An iPhone 4, which I ditched in September 2013 for a Motorola Droid MAXX. I've had Galaxy S5 and S6 phones since.

It wasn't that I didn't like the iPhone; it's a well made device. I just prefer Android to iOS. I'm esp curious about the S7 because I've read so many good things.
You will agree with me or be banned! :ox:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
An iPhone 4, which I ditched in September 2013 for a Motorola Droid MAXX. I've had Galaxy S5 and S6 phones since.

It wasn't that I didn't like the iPhone; it's a well made device. I just prefer Android to iOS. I'm esp curious about the S7 because I've read so many good things.
The Notes are a better line with Samsung, but they really upped the specs with the s7. Though the s7 edge has more functionality.
The Note 7 looks like the s7 edge, but a little bigger and a little better on the specs.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it always Apple Fanbois ****ing up the threads? :bwahaha:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Notes are a better line with Samsung, but they really upped the specs with the s7. Though the s7 edge has more functionality.
The Note 7 looks like the s7 edge, but a little bigger and a little better on the specs.

Don't care for carrying a tablet around in my pocket, although I would like the beefier battery. The Galaxy is the perfect size.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These Wi-Fi problems seem to be common with iOS 9 –iOS 9.3.2.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what Ox is talking about. The Android system is perfectly fine and it allows for greater freedom amongst phones than the proprietary IOS.

Screen (I prefer AMOLED for the brilliant colors)
Camera
Speed

These are the features that matter. Right now it's pretty much Samsung and then everyone else in the Android world. I'm on my second Galaxy phone and other than a pedestrian camera (the S7 is apparently quite an upgrade), it's been great.

Chicks dig iPhone, guys like Droid.
By the way, you put down 64% of the membership with these comments. When it comes to mobile, Gatorchatter is overwhelmingly viewed by iOS.

Untitled.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You will agree with me or be banned! :ox:

BTW, I've got my fiance and two of her kids on my plan. Everyone but me uses an iPhone 6 or 6-plus. Two of the iPhones inexplicably stopped working this year and had to be returned under factory warranty.

My S6 keeps sailing along.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care for carrying a tablet around in my pocket, although I would like the beefier battery. The Galaxy is the perfect size.
There isn't that great of a difference between the s7 and s7 edge, and the note 5 or 7. You get the bigger screen but the framing around it is very slim, and obviously less so with the edge. The note 7 is less than a half an inch taller than the s7 and less than a quarter inch wider, with the same thickness.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, I've got my fiance and two of her kids on my plan. Everyone but me uses an iPhone 6 or 6-plus. Two of the iPhones inexplicably stopped working this year and had to be returned under factory warranty.

My S6 keeps sailing along.
Sounds like your stepkids abuse their phones. Do what I did and cut them off. Let them abuse their own plans.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, you put down 64% of the membership with these comments. When it comes to mobile, Gatorchatter is overwhelmingly viewed by iOS.

Untitled.jpg
I call BS, for as much as G2 and I are on here, for the Note 5 to not even register on there makes this complete bunk :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I call BS, for as much as G2 and I are on here, for the Note 5 to not even register on there makes this complete bunk :lol:
Maybe it was part of the "Not Set" line. Some models don't register in analytics for whatever reason.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it was part of the "Not Set" line. Some models don't register in analytics for whatever reason.
Good. You don't need that kind of information anyway :suspect:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guess which one(s) of those mobiles don't require the app to be able to use the site :snicker:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never heard of anything like this. Since it happens on multiple iPhones, do you think the problem could be with your wifi? I'll bet you ten bucks your new Android phone has the same issues.

Nope. My brother-in-law comes over on his cheapo android and has full Wi-Fi capability. Runs 80mbps

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey J, at any point in time has the wifi toggle switch been greyed out?

There is a known issue with iPhones and wifi where eventually the solder connection comes apart. It could be that the phones are in the early stages of that problem.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. My brother-in-law comes over on his cheapo android and has full Wi-Fi capability. Runs 80mbps

Go back to iOS 8.3 on one of the phones....it will work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator