What's next for Mullen? Coming soon to ESPN

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen would consider an OC job beneath him at this point - no way he goes that route.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Oddly enough I read this today in my email from Sean Detrich
Nostalgic - Sean of the South
People my grandaddy’s age didn’t eat the same candy we eat. These were men and women who got excited about things like red pistachios, peanut brittle, Mary Janes, saltwater taffy, and licorice whips.

In my grandfather’s youth, for instance, there was a candy bar called the “Chicken Dinner,” introduced in 1923 by the Sperry Candy Company in Milwaukee. The Chicken Dinner sold for ten cents and featured an illustration of a roasted chicken on each wrapper.

The bar was nuts and chocolate, and had absolutely nothing to do with cooked poultry. I once asked my grandmother about it.

Granny told me that during the Great Depression poverty-stricken kids would buy Chicken Dinner candy bars because their families couldn’t afford actual chicken dinners. In other words, the kids were spending ten cents on a fantasy.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he's headed back to his favorite place.
180827-conversation-doing-nothing-tease_y5p50y

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Great coordinator, mediocre head coach. He was too inconsistent and ultimately that's what got him canned. With Mullen you got the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and his W-L ratio was simply too low.

He sucked as a HC & he was average as an OC.

And what “highest of highs” did a Dan Mullen head coached college team ever produce? The guy won absolutely nothing of consequence in his HC career-ZERO SEC championships, ZERO national championships, ZERO playoff appearances. A big fat fcvking GOOSE EGG ZERO in all categories that count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.