What's next for Mullen? Coming soon to ESPN

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Great coordinator, mediocre head coach. He was too inconsistent and ultimately that's what got him canned. With Mullen you got the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and his W-L ratio was simply too low.

I think he's done as a coach, including as an OC.

His next job: Broadcast and radio talking head. He won enough to have credibility and can talk all day long. He's like a college professor of college football. He reminds me in this respect of Rick Neuhesiel. He's a chubbier version of Rick but with some potentially great comments on a game. I think he's a broadcaster next. I think it will be in a couple of years. He'll take a year off, get tanned and skinny, end up at a network.

Fox? ESPN? SEC Network?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Great coordinator, mediocre head coach. He was too inconsistent and ultimately that's what got him canned. With Mullen you got the highest of highs and the lowest of lows and his W-L ratio was simply too low.

His next job: Broadcast and radio talking head. He won enough to have credibility and can talk all day long. He's like a college professor of college football. He reminds me in this respect of Rick Neuhesiel. He's a chubbier version of Rick but with some potentially great comments on a game. I think he's a broadcaster next. I think it will be in a couple of years. He'll take a year off, get tanned and skinny, end up at a network.

Fox? ESPN? SEC Network?

On standby when Beth Mowins calls in with PMS.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Ok, that's the past. He's likely done coaching. What's next for him?

Follows the path of the previous incompetent boobs at UF. Become a HC at a lesser program, fail at those shyt schools as well and then become janitor at a bank or become assistant towel boy at Bama.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The only time I visit this thread. But while I'm here this once I unequivable and without question do not give a rat's derier what's next for the one who grins at every coach after he gets rolled by them....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Fox? ESPN? SEC Network?

Wow you have a much higher regard for Cousin Eddie than I do. Mediocre at best to below average OC. Horrendous HC. His problems were caused by his ego, no attention to detail and no management skills. Neuheisel can at least sound football knowledgeable at times. Cousin Eddie shows no ability to understand the intracacies of the game one iota. Not being able to stop the same run play by an opponent over 50 times 2 consecutive games is pretty decent evidence that his celing is as a bad checkers player and not a chess player.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
After being good for many years, Navy has struggled for about 3 years now. Maybe Neopolitan Ice Cream or whatever the coach's name is will move on. I am sure Navy would love Paul Johnson back, but if not Johnson, Cousin Eddie and his QB run heavy scheme would fit right in.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be tossing and turning tonight pondering this question. I hope the poor guy lands on his feet, it's a big concern of mine.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Done as a HC at any good school. Never liked him when he was OC here. Very predictable play calling with Leak and Tebow. It wasn’t until he found out we could throw to a tight end (CI) in the SEC and NC title games that we truly opened up. As to announcing, he comes across as an arrogant prick most of the time..maybe he can do a show with Keith Olbermann but bedsides that I don’t see a future in broadcasting. Best he can hope for is doing kids birthday parties in his Darth Vader costume if you ask me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.