What's the deal with Maurkice Pouncey?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I was watching the Steelers game last night and they did that bit where the starting lineup gives their name and the school they attended. Maurkice Pouncey says.... wait for it..... "Lakeland Senior High". I couldn't friggin believe it.

It just so happens that Marcus Gilbert is also a starting OL for the Steelers and he DID say, "UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA".

What's the deal with Pouncey? The guy won a "BCS National Championship" AND was an "All American". Now he doesn't want to claim UF??? Anybody have any idea why???

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sometimes he says "Florida" and sometimes his High School... don't read too much into it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So I was watching the Steelers game last night and they did that bit where the starting lineup gives their name and the school they attended. Maurkice Pouncey says.... wait for it..... "Lakeland Senior High". I couldn't friggin believe it.

It just so happens that Marcus Gilbert is also a starting OL for the Steelers and he DID say, "UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA".

What's the deal with Pouncey? The guy won a "BCS National Championship" AND was an "All American". Now he doesn't want to claim UF??? Anybody have any idea why???
He's been reading this forum and learned his coach was a lying pos and all his players (except timmy) were thugs.......

He's another douchebag from the Meyer era. In fact, his brother helped the 2010 team bottom out, starting the slide we're still in, when he was the ring leader of harassing the incoming freshman class.
See, I told you..........

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NFL players have been pimping their high schools for a while now. Years in fact. I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm pretty sure that UF fans haven't been super supportive of him either. He's said and done some stupid ****.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
pouncey-bigger.JPG

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
I think he won more titles at Lakeland High than at UF. Perhaps he's proud of that tradition as well?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's another douchebag from the Meyer era. In fact, his brother helped the 2010 team bottom out, starting the slide we're still in, when he was the ring leader of harassing the incoming freshman class.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
He should say "University of Florida". If he wants to say "Lakeland Senior High" I think it comes off as immature, but frankly I have other things to worry about.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Another "douchebag" that was a crucial part of our 2008 NC.

This team could really, really use someone like either Pouncey to kick them in the ass.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see it no different than Tim Tebow Statue at Steve Spurrier-Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. I would have deferred to the University of Florida but given special mention to Lakeland High and allowed some wiggle room for my middle school. None of this happens without the sixth grade.

But then, that's just me being politically correct.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who's glad the doosh doesn't remind people he went to Florida?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who's glad the doosh doesn't remind people he went to Florida?
I nearly posted that earlier tonight. I'd be happy if the Pounceys and Hernandez and Gators were never mentioned in the same sentence again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator