What's your favorite Gator game you attended?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
09 tenn against kiffy...also the first time tailgating with SQ...and that curly headed **** oh whats his name

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I haven't responded because it's so difficult to pick just one, it feels like I've been to every game mentioned, but I've made a decision: '93 UGAy time-out game in the rain.

I chose that one not because of the significance, or the actual game itself, but because of the hell I gave to the dwag fans on the way out. Buddy and I were sitting on the goal line in the endzone where it all took place. We had packed for the game so when it ended I was still mighty primed. As we walked down the ramp leaving the stadium, right in the midst of nothing but dwag fans, I'd yell, "Time out! Where'd we park?" Walk a few more yards and I'd yell, "Time out! Who has the keys?" I'd step in front of a dwag fan and say, "Oh hey! Time out! Didn't mean to step in front of you!" On and on all the way to the boat we were partying on that night. Don't think I've ever been F you'd so much in my life. God I hate the dwags. God did I have fun.

Best game I didn't attend: '97 FSU in a bar in Cedar Key. With friends and other patrons and we about wrecked the place. We were told to calm down and then given free drinks.

Worst game I attended: '96 National Championship debacle. Ugh.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you fly down from Jax the morning of the game? If so, we could have been on the same flight.

I've thought about it all morning and I cant piece together the flight there. But I must have flown in the morning of the game from Jax.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
In countdown fashion:

Honorable Mention: 23-21 win over TN (1999). Mostly for it being a hard fought, back and forth game, with Alex Brown and his five sacks. I kept thinking "how can they not know he is coming, again?!?!"

Honorable Mention: 45-3 win at TN (1990). I was in Dub's watching it on TV and that's when I had an epiphany moment that Gator Football could be awesome. I was young enough, and uninterested in football enough growing up that I hadn't really appreciated Gator football at all, but that was a turning point for me.

5. 63-7 win at USCe (1995). After meeting my future wife that summer at the Porpoise, and having her go to UVA for Grad School 2 wks after we met, we spent the '95-96 and '96-97 seasons finding places to meet between G'ville and C'ville. This was one such meet up. Awesome dinner at California Dreaming (highly recommend if you are ever in the area), tickets on the 30yd line, top row of the stands, wrapped in a blanket to stay warm. By halftime, at the 50yd line front row, high fiving players non-stop and enjoying a thorough beat down.

4. 62-37 win over TN (1995). Best friend and I were in the North Endzone, about 20 rows up. Being down 30-14 I remember we hung through the downpour and were just sticking in to hopefully watch someone knock the crap out of Payton when the Gators came to life and roared back into the lead, not only to win but to kill TN. The Kent hit was awesome. Rivalry was strong by then, and TN was definitely a team I wanted to beat everytime, by as much as possible.

3. 41-14 win over tOSU (2007). Wife and I were living in Youngstown, OH at the time, surrounded by Bucknuts. Their arrogance had no bounds, and I meekly kept my mouth shut leading up to the game. I love a severe stomping, and that's what this turned out to be. Moreover, I ordered posters immediately and hung them up all over the office and gloated for the next few years before we moved away. Having the '04s also beat tOSU in basketball allowed for even more gloating - something I don't normally do, but their fans brought it out of me.

2. 52-20 win over F$U in the Sugar Bowl (1996). First NC game we won, of course, brings it's own merits. But for me, it erased the memories of the NEB beatdown the previous year when we had our first shot at an NC. F$U was a hated rival for so many reasons, so they were in the 'kill them everytime, as painfully as possible' category and this satisfied that need. It also helped with the 24-21 loss with late hits just a few weeks earlier. I remember some friends and I watching at home together and heading down to campus to celebrate afterwards.

1. 32-29 win over F$U (1999). Hated rival, back and forth game. Wife (fiance then) and I were about 8 rows from the top of the South Endzone. I remember I have never been in such a loud environment, nor have I screamed so much (and so filthily towards their players), and I was on the verge of having a heart attack with the energy. Best memory is Quezzy on the long pass and cutting across the field. At that point, I knew we were going to win. Greatest game, hands down.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I've thought about it all morning and I cant piece together the flight there. But I must have flown in the morning of the game from Jax.

At the '08 FSU game I tailgated with a bunch of college kids that were friends of my brother's girlfriend. I had a Natty ice for the first time in almost a decade with one of the dudebros cracking one open and handing it to me as we were setting up at 7:30 that morning. I'm pretty sure the only reason I found the stadium was because everyone else was moving in that direction.

There was an unfortunate incident involving an entire Cub Scout troop and the song "I'd rather eat s$%& than be a Nole." I'm not sure I ever knew what it was to be "that guy" until that moment...

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
1993 Florida vs Georgia... Erricht Rhett won that game for us... Wettest game I ever attended...

If you noticed the banner that said "Swamp II", I made that and still have it. It's on the highlight video for 1993.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Worst game I attended: '96 National Championship debacle. Ugh.
was hard for me too. But Husker fans were nice.
I have seen so many it is hard. The 14-9 fsu game was incredible and loud. The Oklahoma game in Miami for the 3rd title was good.
Winning our first game after 0-10-1 in Tampa against Cal was the hottest and wonderful to see that offense with Peace.
Almost any SOS game in the swamp during his tenure. AND his last game against Maryland in that bowl game. Watching that offense destroy Maryland was a thing of beauty . Their fans were SO FIRED up being undefeated and we crushed them.
one more was the beating WVU in the Sugar Bowl when they were undefeated. Crushed them too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1993 Florida vs Georgia... Erricht Rhett won that game for us... Wettest game I ever attended...

If you noticed the banner that said "Swamp II", I made that and still have it. It's on the highlight video for 1993.

Dear Ronald A. Zook,

Contrary to your opinion, it is in fact legal to cover a Tight End. Thanks.

ps. Fabuloso will do wonders with those stains in the high traffic areas.

All the best,

soflagator

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
was hard for me too. But Husker fans were nice.
I have seen so many it is hard. The 14-9 fsu game was incredible and loud. The Oklahoma game in Miami for the 3rd title was good.
Winning our first game after 0-10-1 in Tampa against Cal was the hottest and wonderful to see that offense with Peace.
Almost any SOS game in the swamp during his tenure. AND his last game against Maryland in that bowl game. Watching that offense destroy Maryland was a thing of beauty . Their fans were SO FIRED up being undefeated and we crushed them.
one more was the beating WVU in the Sugar Bowl when they were undefeated. Crushed them too.

The Husker fans were nice, probably nicest ever, but what I remember more than anything was how they had an attitude, or maybe confidence is a better word, that they were about to put something on us that we didn't want. Yowzers.

Worst fans ever award goes to UToothless, '94 in Knoxille. F'ers didn't have too much to say after a 31-0 beatdown.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Thanks for the clip. That is one of my favorite games and teams. The best part of that is at the 14:40 mark, as the uga player picks himself up in defeat and Eddie Robinson claps in his face and gives him the ole "uf812" routine. :lol:

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Honorable Mention: 45-3 win at TN (1990). I was in Dub's watching it on TV and that's when I had an epiphany moment that Gator Football could be awesome. I was young enough, and uninterested in football enough growing up that I hadn't really appreciated Gator football at all, but that was a turning point for me.

Are you sure you aren't an Alabama fan? That's some revisionist history right there.

I was at your #5, like every game in Columbia since 1993. It was COLD that night, I drove through the front that blew through the area that afternoon. Sat on the front row by the flag pole in the end zone corner, where the Cocks student section is now. California Dreaming downsized a bit, they only have about 10 locations now. A localized chain that is damned good like you said. The one in Greenville up this way has always been good, I've done the one you mentioned before a UF/USC hoops game a few years ago. A nice mile walk or so to the arena after.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I didn't see Mustank much.

What kind of "Gator" hires a fvkking dwag?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Law has slithered in to b*tch about something instead of contributing to the thread. Gotta go to games to have a favorite, right?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been to a lot of good ones, the USC Wilbur Eats Cake Show, I think it was 87 or 88 Emmitt's freshman year and his first start was against Bama and he ran for over 200 yards including a real long td, and the game at Trailertrashy-Bobby Hewko came in for Wayne Peace to win the game in the rain. Gator fans rushed the field and tore down the goal posts.The clowns turned the irrigation system on to try and get the fans off the field and they started ripping the sprinkler heads out of the turf. They literally broke the goalposts into pieces and circled the track with them like trophies and marched them out of the gate into the parking lot while the water was shooting up like geysers on the field. It was fuking bedlam.
Also was at the game where James Jones made The Catch from Wayne Peace to beat Miamuh in the closing minutes.

57c4e54293cfdd56f7879e0334c9f0e5.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Been to a lot of good ones, the USC Wilbur Eats Cake Show, I think it was 87 or 88 Emmitt's freshman year and his first start was against Bama and he ran for over 200 yards including a real long td, and the game at Trailertrashy-Bobby Hewko came in for Wayne Peace to win the game in the rain. Gator fans rushed the field and tore down the goal posts.The clowns turned the irrigation system on to try and get the fans off the field and they started ripping the sprinkler heads out of the turf. They literally broke the goalposts into pieces and circled the track with them like trophies and marched them out of the gate into the parking lot while the water was shooting up like geysers on the field. It was fuking bedlam.
Also was at the game where James Jones made The Catch from Wayne Peace to beat Miamuh in the closing minutes.

57c4e54293cfdd56f7879e0334c9f0e5.jpg
I was at that game. Helluva catch!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Ronald A. Zook,

Contrary to your opinion, it is in fact legal to cover a Tight End. Thanks.

ps. Fabuloso will do wonders with those stains in the high traffic areas.

All the best,

soflagator
I'm sure someone was assigned to cover the TE. Maybe the strong safety. He probably just had multiple assignments, like vs. Nebraska. If you think faster, you can cover both the keeper and the pitchman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.