What's your favorite Gators game vs UGA?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is your favorite Gators game or moment vs our hated rival UGA? The 08 games was the perfect response to UGA rushing the field the previous year. You just KNEW that we were gonna kill them that year. Of course the Urban timeouts were just gravy on the top. We have had a couple of game winning FGs against them. I think my favorites are the home and home series where SOS put up 50 points each time. It had never been done before between the hedges. SOS always wondered aloud where all of UGA's talent went when we went to play UGA. Another classic SOS line and another example of talent being negated by terrible coaching. Discuss!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
2008 for the cockiness leading up to it, and the humble pie they all ate after we demolished them.

2010 for the sheer fun of that overtime game, it was gutwrenching, but I don't think I slept right for a week after all the excitement.

I hope to add 2019 to the top of the list after next Saturday. I truly think we'll dominate them and embarrass them.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was 84 when we beat them 27-0. Rare to notch a win over them back then. Goal line stand, bomb afterwards. Great win.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If you endured the 80's(or 70's for the older ones), then '90 and '91 were great as we just curbstomped them and you knew we'd taken back control of the series.

'93 in the rain, with the timeouts...incredible.

'94 was awesome because of being in the Swamp, bouncing back after Auburn and beating Muschamp.

'02 and '05 was so unexpected, and just ruining their season makes them some of my all-time favorites.

2008 almost can't be described. It was just special.

All great memories, even years like '00 and '03 and '06. Just for different reasons.

I'm 18-7 all time dating back to '86.

Sorry, didn't really answer the question. I get a little excited talking about it. Screw uga.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For sheer drama, few games will ever eclipse 1980's "Run Lindsay Run," although the ending was obviously pure heartbreak. No one gave us a chance going in and yet we came a couple missed over-the-middle tackles away from elongating the UGA championship drought.

For exhilaration, I'm onboard with MJM re 1984. It effectively ended the Dooley Myth and put a huge stamp on what became, till that point, the most successful season in Gator history. We were on a serious roll.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
No. 28 FLORIDA 11, GEORGIA 10When: Nov. 10, 1973.

One week after beating Auburn for the first time in history at Cliff Hare Stadium the Gators followed it up with another dramatic victory over Georgia 11 - 10. Don Gaffney to Lee McGriff on fourth and eighteen for the touchdown and Gaffney to Hank Foldberg Jr. for the two point conversion with 3:48 remaining in the game. Heart stopping dramatic finish.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
1980's "Run Lindsay Run,"

my girlfriend at the time had never seen me watch a Gator game. She was amazed at my transformation from laid back dude to Mr Intensity.
And when Lindsay broke free - I hit the floor in a downward dwag position. I couldn’t even speak for about five minutes.
Best game - probably’93 since a corporate golf event got semi- rained out. About fifty of us in the clubhouse watching the game with a ton of nulls cheering for the dwags.
Lol- suck on that biotches!

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The '08 revenge game (after the "rush the field" game for UGAly in '07) is my favorite from start to finish, from the first play on-field assault of Knowshon Moreno by Brandon Spikes, to the end-of-game timeouts by Meyer to prolong the agony, it was a complete retribution for dwag arrogance the year before

The runner-up games are the home-and-home series in '94-'95 where SOS hung "half a hundred" on them in both stadiums. It was a solid "we own you" statement that SOS maintained until his departure from UF.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For sheer drama, few games will ever eclipse 1980's "Run Lindsay Run," although the ending was obviously pure heartbreak. No one gave us a chance going in and yet we came a couple missed over-the-middle tackles away from elongating the UGA championship drought.

For exhilaration, I'm onboard with MJM re 1984. It effectively ended the Dooley Myth and put a huge stamp on what became, till that point, the most successful season in Gator history. We were on a serious roll.

:boo:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I kinda liked the rain game when Terry Dean replaced Danny and Rhett rumbled through the puppies. It gave me great satisfaction to see an over hyped Eric Zier on his knees in total defeat, humbled. I'm surprised that picture doesn't show up more. It in a small way makes up for the picture of Spurrier on one knee beaten by those azzholes.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
1992, for one I was there, that was the year that Garrison Hearst was going to run all over us, win the Heisman and they were going to blow us out, didn’t happen, their longest run came from their fullback, when it was over the players mocked the puppy fans by doing the Heisman pose and falling down.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
1992, for one I was there, that was the year that Garrison Hearst was going to run all over us, win the Heisman and they were going to blow us out, didn’t happen, their longest run came from their fullback, when it was over the players mocked the puppy fans by doing the Heisman pose and falling down.
They are ALWAYS over hyped and have never really lived up to the billing the press has heaped upon them. One year with HW they got lucky.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
'84. I was there, and it was glorious.

Bell to Nattiel
The 1984 season was a lost one for Florida, which won the SEC championship only to have it stripped months later because of widespread NCAA violations. Still, there's a defining play from that season that warms the hearts of Gators everywhere. Freshman walk-on quarterback Kerwin Bell dropped back into his own end zone and hit Ricky Nattiel in stride for a 96-yard touchdown pass, punctuating a 27-0 beatdown of No. 8 Georgia. Nattiel high-stepped the final 20 yards to the end zone, and Florida fans basked in the win afterward. They ripped down the goal posts and dug up chunks of the turf for souvenirs. Who could blame them? Coach Charley Pell had been fired three games into the season for his role in the NCAA improprieties and replaced by Galen Hall. Georgia had won six in a row in the series entering the game, and only 18 days earlier, the NCAA had placed Florida on three years of probation.

Low: 10 most memorable moments of Florida-Georgia rivalry

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

2015-07-16-1437082890-2672831-old_man-thumb.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As far as a joy to watch, I loved 2008 given what had happened the year before, but as far as long term joy for me, I doubt anything can top 2014. Chimps last season did not have many highlights and we were coming off the bad loss to Mizzou, who Ugly has earlier crushed in a shutout. Being surrounded by dwag fans, I had to listen all week about how badly we were going to lose. They were convinced that somehow they still had a shot at a title and we were just going to be another blowout on their schedule. Instead we run for 400+ yards (with Taylor and Jones getting over 190 each) and Treon only attempts six passes all game. Nothing fancy or tricky other than a TD off of a fake FG; just a good old fashioned curb stomp. The following week was glorious. I was late to work on Monday because I sat in my car in the parking lot listening to "Bulldog Roundtable" on 680 The Fan; it sounded like they were talking about the death of a loved one who died in an embarrassing fashion. The dwags I knew were all despondent and well aware we had probably knocked them out of the SEC championship game (which turned out to be true). A few weeks later we fired Chimp which even allowed a short period of optimism about the future. (Very short as it turned out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.