Where did you live in Gainesville while you were attending UF?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beatty Towers first year, then a couple years in the DTD house, then the ghetto near the 7/11 and Nell's package store area. Not sure I could even find the house today, it was a crappy duplex.

How about you?

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Did a year in North Hall. Then spent my time at oxford Manor and a townhouse in the haystacks

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm struggling to remember Nell's. Was that near the post office?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Home. I parked in the commuter lot and pulled my bike out of the hatch back to get from class to class.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Trusler for first year, Keys for first summer, Marchwood Townhomes for sophomore and junior years, and Rockwood Villas for senior year. Lots of moving.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm struggling to remember Nell's. Was that near the post office?
Yes, right by where the PO is today. 1st ave by the end where it hits 16th st. There was a 7/11 right there on 16th but it looks like its gone now. We were a couple streets north somewhere.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lived two years in a really small 1 br with my best friend from high school off of SW 23rd Terrace called Apple something...
1 year in a house off of Newberry towards The Oaks
1 year in a really ****ty apartment off of Old Archer Rd which I hope have since been torched and obliterated.
1 year in a pretty nice place off of SW 34th (south of Archer Rd). Had graduated and started working for the US Fish and Wildlife and flush on the 16K salary!

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, right by where the PO is today. 1st ave by the end where it hits 16th st. There was a 7/11 right there on 16th but it looks like its gone now. We were a couple streets north somewhere.
Yep, I remember that area. There was a laundromat and a breakfast diner in that little shopping center when I was in school. I'm pretty sure the post office was in that little strip center, then it moved across the street as it expanded.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
From Gainesville, I stayed home first year then moved to a house on NW 12th and 3rd. Then to a tiny apartment In Robinson Manor off of 6th, just south of Doug’s Dairy Twirl, Firpo’S and Pat’s Kwik Stop.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Graham Hall next to bandshell, student ghetto, and a house off University Ave in the Law School area during undergrad.

Porter’s Quarters and Duck Pond area during grad school.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The 2nd house behind Krispy Kreme donuts for years, and then over on 4th ave about the 10th block NW for one year in an upstairs duplex. Right behind the Red Two Spot on 5th ave

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
--Murphree -- the roach motel -- room mate, the weirdest human being I have ever met, moved out after two weeks. Thank God
--Hume hall -- With some random idiot who shot himself in the leg while hunting.
--Villiage 34 -- Shared with a guy on the golf team
--The golf course where I did most of my course work. Might as well have pitched a tent.
--Some rat trap while in grad school. I didn't have to live on campus while I was writing my dissertation. Shared it with the now ex member of the golf team who was also writing a dissertation . Time on campus was limited since I was busy trying to convince my future wife who had already graduated that I was not her surrogate brother. Man that was a struggle.
--Aircraft Carrier. Finished my Dissertation while floating around on a carrier. I was hired and got married before I was done. I think the committee met my wife and figured they better get me out of there because I had more than I could handle.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In chronological order (87-97):
Student ghetto - bought :bandit: for the first time from this dude named John the Freak, who is my current backdoor neighbor in Seattle, I kid you not. Bizzarro world.
In house 1.5 mile NW of campus off 26th on a dead end road - great house for parties.
In house 1 mile west of campus off 26th - 2 doors down from some really good friends, so it was a constant party.
In a duplex on a loop across the street (southeast) from Arhcer Plaza, with my first live-in girlfriend.
Between Newberry and Archer on a farm my girlfriend bought.
In a geodesic dome in Nortth Gville after my girlfriend and I broke up - I met Vernon Maxwell's brother up there, dude was a trip.
In a house in the NW near this cool playground we used to go to at night and have fun at, especially when tripping.
Between Newberry and Archer on a farm my girlfriend bought, again.
In a cube off of SW 34th, south of Williston Rd, almost in Paines Prarie, after I broke up with my girlfriend again.
In an apartment in North Gville for one summer.
In a house 1 mile west of campus off 26th, very near where I had previously lived.
Loved every minute of Gainesville! College, the best 10 years of my life!
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spent two years in an old Florida cracker home on SW 21st Street, one year in a home closer to the J School, at NW 19th and 5th Ave., and the final six months playing Jack Tripper while I roomed with a couple hottie chicks in Hawaiian Village.

Those were some good times.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The Woods on SW 20th. Then a villa in Tower Oaks. Finally a house in NW area.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beaty Towers my freshman year then I worked and lived at North Central Baptist on NW 4th St the rest of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator