Where did you live in Gainesville while you were attending UF?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'99-'01 Casablanca West (CBW907) Many couches were lit on fire here and toilets thrown from the roofs.
View attachment 14110

'01-'03 The Gardens on Tower Road
View attachment 14111

'04-'07 Sweet house on the corner of Newberry and NW 44th St, it was on 19 acres and our landlord was the owner of Freeride Surf Shop (now its a Renasant Bank) We once got a noise violation from the city for having a party with "300+ people" as we went through 9 kegs. (back when Brew-Has would deliver beer)
View attachment 14109

'07-'14 Behind Midtown on NW 8th Place, I lived in a room where my landlords son had been murdered back in 1999. Crazy story. The carpet was only different in that bedroom.
View attachment 14108

I know the owner of Freeride. :cool:

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The plough is mounted on the front of the building now.
It's not still there, but I remember it. We used to call it Alpha Gamma Hoe!!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the time it was a guy named Merv, I heard rumors that he sold it but he hired me to do ding repair for a year. Fun times.
Edit: Just noticed the dates. Merv must've bought from my buddy because I knew that place in the 90s. The guy I know also owned that John Deere/Garden place down close to where you lived off Newberry.

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Georgia Seagle Hall my first year, then bounced around. The Landings, Hawaiian Village, Rockwood Villas.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Rawlings freshman year - random roommate turned out to be a great dude, still talk to him today.
Towne Parc sophomore year
Southwest Villas the last 2 years.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Summer in Tolbert
2 years in Hume Hall (now defunct and replaced)
2 years in French Quarter apartments (4 of us in furnished 2 bedroom apartment for $380/month)
Summer in Village Park
1 year in French Quarter.

Always in a different room and building. Always ended the year with tacked or glued furniture and pretty stiff repair bill from my "rambunctious" roommates.

I think last time I was in Gainesville I went to visit my former homes and they were all obliterated and replaced. Certainly for the best as they were old when I lived in them 30 years ago, but they were cheap and a 2 mile walk to campus.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I lived in Oxford Manor in a 2 bedroom.

I saved up enough cash between my junior and senior year that I was able to pay for my half of the year rent on the 1st day. I talked about it with my roommate and he agreed. So I paid for the first 6 months up front, then he was going to pay the last six months when it was due. A few weeks into school, his girlfriend broke up with him and he "attempted" suicide and dropped out. His parents came by to get him and I am like, "uh... you guys still owe half the rent." They agreed of course. The 7th month rolls around... and no payment is made. Luckily he never came back to get any of his stuff. I sold everything of his. And he was an electrical eng major so I made the most off his books. I made enough to pay the remaining 6 months. So it was pretty sweet living in that apartment with no roommate. Ironically, he parents felt bad near the end and finally mailed me the check and said they would be back on the final week to get his stuff. So I moved out 2 weeks early. :lol:

In grad school, an Army dude enrolled into my department who was a few years behind me and was renting a fairly decent house near the Hogtown Creek Park area. He let me rent a room for nothing if I agreed to let him see all my past work done. That was the easiest decision of my life. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Lived in a trailer park out on 23rd.
Lived in an apartment on 16th across from an old folks home.
And finally lived in an apartment building across from sorority row ( yes I had binoculars). The building is now a sorority house so I got that going for me.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I was married and didn't want to put up with any undergrad nonsense. I bought a house on the Northeast side of town in a nice little neighborhood near Sante Fe CC and drove in every morning. Sold it for a 33% profit five years later. That was a good way to go.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
In an apartment off SW 34th st south of Archer next to Dairy Queen, then in Hunters Run off SW Williston Rd where I scored like the Spurrier offense...

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What was the name of the Italian/pizza/spaghetti place close to the church? They had 12 for 4 on Thursday night. It was the first place I drank legally when I turned 19.
If you’re talking about the place on University across the street from the libraries that was the Pizza and Brew.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I lived in Cazabella my first two years of law school. Year 3 I moved back to Clermont, but that’s a different story.

I did have a room I rented in year 3 at the ****hole known as the Pavilion on 62nd which was and is run by the most dishonest group of people I’ve ever met. I’d take Nuss and Mac over these people. If you have kids going to UF, keep them away. Just do it. F that place.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
First 3 years of grad school at Hidden Village which is behind Oxford Manor on Archer. It was cheap. During the hurricanes of 2004 the pond flooded the laundry room and apartments lower in the area. One dude was fishing in it with chicken livers. I took a picture and titled it Redneck Fishing.

Then I got a sugar momma, ok got married, and upgraded to Fairmont Oaks on 62nd. It's now called The Savannah. It's the 2nd complex down from the mall. Nice place. I lived there for 6 years.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Windmeadows Apartments off of Archer Road

I played a lot of pickup basketball games on the court out behind Windmeadows in the early ‘90s. My best friends shared an apartment there, which was also pretty convenient for walking across the street to Outback and the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb