Where did you live in Gainesville while you were attending UF?

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Country Village on Archer. Stayed there three years and then had to move out my last semester only because they wouldn't do anything less than a full year lease. Gas was included in the rent, so electric bill in winter was about $20 a month. Lousy insulation and two west-facing patio doors led to $120 a month electric bill in summer. Same room-mate the entire time. Friend from high school going to law school. Last five months was a little place off of SW 20th with a cemetery across the street.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Never lived on campus.

The whole first year of living in a dorm, all my roommates and I did was complain. We couldn't wait to get off campus. But looking back, that was the best year. That's when I met all the friends that I still have to this day. So many great times in that crummy dorm room.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Started out living in a trailer north of Monteocha off of 225; I was changing tires for Gainesville Tire Service and it was all I could afford at the time; then moved to N 31st Ave near 13th to be closer to work and school. Fortunately, I was able to get off work to go to school. Once I graduated and landed a professional job, I move to Alachua.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Didnt live there but spent MUCH time there.........too bad it cannot be resurrected...........
53274787_10217851814628438_3240497716106625024_n.jpg

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Skeeter's moved just down the street from where I lived after I graduated; on the right person, the big bun shorts were a game stopper!

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The whole first year of living in a dorm, all my roommates and I did was complain. We couldn't wait to get off campus. But looking back, that was the best year. That's when I met all the friends that I still have to this day. So many great times in that crummy dorm room.
I can understand that. I am sure I missed out on a lot by living off campus but I was living rent free, so there's that.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
2528 NW 62nd Place...Pineridge Apartments over there by the Super Walmart off of 441 (Wasn't there then...only store there was a Winn-Dixie at the time). Spent my time there when I was going to Buchholz High School and UF.

While at UF, I worked at Alachua General Hospital in ER as a EKG Tech and Radiology Assistant. After UF, got commissioned as a 2LT in the US Air Force fresh out of UF ROTC (Van Fleet Hall).

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
I played a lot of pickup basketball games on the court out behind Windmeadows in the early ‘90s.
Ha, played a few games there myself.

I lived all over the place. First year in Gainesville I froze my nuts off in a place called Rose Apartments behind sorority row. Then Park Place. Then Rockwood Villas. A summer at, I think it was called, Hawaiian Village (34th and 16th)? Then WindMeadows. Then a Buddy's house off 8th ave. There are a couple more that I can't remember the name.

Craziest year was in Park Place. It was a ****hole, but I wasn't there for the luxury. There were a bunch of friends from my home town living there. Place was a zoo all year. Saw a mob pull one of Stan's drivers out of his truck. Broke a bunch of ****. Pissed a some people off. Made some really great friends.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was not fortunate enough to attend UF which is one of the many reasons why I am so proud of my two sons that are gator grads. No legacies here.

I did live in Gainesville while in grade school ( 3rd - 6th grades)
I lived on 14th Avenue for a year and then we moved to NW 7th Place near J.J. Finley Elementary where I went to school.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ha Ha. During my old days as a Delt, we called them "Alpha Grab a Hoe". The current house looks great.
I was a Delt. What years were you there? I was a Fall 86 pledge.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
The student ghetto behind the Catholic church a few blocks. It was rented out by the bedroom. Each apartment had 4 bedrooms. The cost was $185 per month which included electricity (if you keep it down to a predetermined amount). You needed to have 3 other friends or the owners would put a stranger in there. One summer season one of our buddies went home and a homeless man was put in the room. The man died there later that month, that was fun! I owned a restaurant in Saint Louis called Skeeters Eatery from 1995-2007 on Laclede's Landing. No biscuits but you know where I got the name. Did any of you go to the BBall game in Saint Louis when the Gators won it all?

Last edited:

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I was a Delt. What years were you there? I was a Fall 86 pledge.
I was a Delt in the early 70's and am just slightly older than you. LOL. The House with the new paint job and fence now looks better than when I was there. I believe the basketball court is gone and replaced with parking? I was back there for an alumni gathering about 3 years ago. Lot of good memories.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was a Delt in the early 70's and am just slightly older than you. LOL. The House with the new paint job and fence now looks better than when I was there. I believe the basketball court is gone and replaced with parking? I was back there for an alumni gathering about 3 years ago. Lot of good memories.
That's cool, was the house closed all the way in back then or was the courtyard still open? Even when I was there, the basketball court was just a hoop out in the parking lot between us and the Pike house.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's cool, was the house closed all the way in back then or was the courtyard still open? Even when I was there, the basketball court was just a hoop out in the parking lot between us and the Pike house.

Pikes were dicks.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Didnt live there but spent MUCH time there.........too bad it cannot be resurrected...........
53274787_10217851814628438_3240497716106625024_n.jpg

I’ll make an Asher Special at home a couple of times a year. The Big Biscuit defied the laws of physic. I twice managed to stuff one in my mouth all at once. The first time was on a bet. The second was to prove it to someone who doubted the story about the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.