Where did you live in Gainesville while you were attending UF?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The scene of the crime.
I was less than a block away.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Condo off of 34th next to Kash and Karry freshman year going to Santa Fe. Then when I finally got back to Gainesville 3 yrs later, spent the next 3 years at Maguire Village (married student housing) - there during the murders.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trusler first year, Flavet III for 3 years....2 BR apt for $29.50 per month.....200 KWh included.....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Mostly CJ's and the Porpoise. Later nites at Skeeter's and occasionally at Louie's Lunch if I was awake during the day!!!

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Mostly CJ's and the Porpoise. Later nites at Skeeter's and occasionally at Louie's Lunch if I was awake during the day!!!
Pretty much spot on for my time in G'ville as well. Throw in late nights at Lillian's and Happy Hour pool hall and that would sum it up.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Rawlings - freshman summer. Overlooked dumpster
Jennings - freshman fall spring. Roommate moved out halfway so It was nice by myself
Melrose apts - sophomore
Lexington crossing - junior senior. Fun parties, right on bus route

Melrose had key cards at the time. It was annoying bc if u left without your card then u were locked out

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Broward Hall
Casablanca
Chi Phi House
Behind Krispy Kreme ghetto
Law School area

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
yr1 - French quarter apts at 13th and 16th ave
yr2 - Summitt House apts
yr3 - Sun Bay apts
yr 4 - house around 34th and university. Had a keg party where the bin leaked all night. Carpet never dried. We laid down planks and started calling the place the Swamp. Was in the late 80's before Spurrier showed up and renamed Florida Field the Swamp. Have always got a kick out of that.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Broward Hall - When I started summer semester
Rawlings - rest of freshman year
Bay Meadows apartments- varios times in three different apts with different roomates
The Kappa Sig house on 13th and University off an on over the years
The Villages Apts one summer

I think I counted up having a total of 17 different roommates over the years.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lived halfway between Ocala and Dunnellon and commuted an average of five days a week for three whole years (Jan. 92 - Dec 94.). 55 miles one way. I didn't have my own PC (until early 94) and was a CIS major so I had to be in the computer labs on a daily basis just to get my work done. I put over 100,000 miles on my Chevy S-10 in just over two years time.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how many people spent their last year or two in the ghetto.

Swampergator

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Tolbert, Hume, Gatorwood, The yellow house with the yellow wall on north side of University Ave just west of the president's home (had camellia gardens and shuffleboard court; the property was still in its entirety then), somewhere in the northeast part of town and finally across the street from Nellies Raw Bar.
After I graduated and moved back I lived on Newnans Lake; had a halfpipe in the backyard.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Undergrad:
University Gardens on SW 16th (it’s now called Sun Bay)
Chi Phi house
Sherwood (small apartment complex on SW 19th, which was a dirt road off 34th, behind where Shands Orthopedics is today)

Post-grad:
Regency Oaks
House on NW 7th Ave, just west of 34th

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bradywine apartments and then Rocky point apartments. I moved to Rocky point so I could stumble home from CJ’s which was around the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.