Where does Franks end up transferring to?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I agree with Ox, football is over for Franks. He's not getting the job back from Trask and if he transfers, he's sitting a year and maybe switching positions. The Red Sox drafted him and while farm teams suck, he's got a lot of upside there. He has zero upside as a QB.

Perhaps the better question to ask is what position will he play if he sticks with football. TE?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Ox, football is over for Franks. He's not getting the job back from Trask and if he transfers, he's sitting a year and maybe switching positions. The Red Sox drafted him and while farm teams suck, he's got a lot of upside there. He has zero upside as a QB.

Perhaps the better question to ask is what position will he play if he sticks with football. TE?
He could transfer to a FCS school and he wouldn't have to sit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thought he was on pace to graduate this year, he might be a grad transfer after the season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He would get drafted...scouts see his size and arm strength and would take a shot.
No, absolutely not.

They may take a shot as a free agent, but he won't be drafted. He's not listed in the top 200 right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No, absolutely not.

They may take a shot as a free agent, but he won't be drafted. He's not listed in the top 200 right now.

I think if the injury had happened in fall camp, he may have had a decent shot. The fact that the he looked so bad in the two nationally televised games, specifically against um with all eye on us, probably derailed that. Couldn't have gone much worse for him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He cocks the ball down to his knees, and has a rainbow wind-up that I timed once at one hour and 13 minutes.

He'd be sacked in the NFL at least 10 times before he released a ball.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if his parents were smart enough to insure him. That ankle injury really changed his whole career path.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You may declare you are the leader but it’s only based on your rank. A true leader commands not demands.
That’s my point. It’s not about how much your subordinates like you as you implied before. Respect is much more important than like. Accomplishing the mission while taking care of your people (and they may not always like how they’re taken care of in the moment but the leader sees the bigger picture) is the hallmark of a good leader. You’re confusing leadership and likership.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My choice - Syracuse or Miami

The better question is: Where would we be if he didn't get hurt? I am thinking 6-4 (losses to KY & Auburn)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I must say, this seems to be a bit of an exaggeration

Maybe a light one. But everything did take 3 times as long as it should with him.

Do you remember the run against A&M in 2017? It killed half of the quarter.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That’s my point. It’s not about how much your subordinates like you as you implied before. Respect is much more important than like. Accomplishing the mission while taking care of your people (and they may not always like how they’re taken care of in the moment but the leader sees the bigger picture) is the hallmark of a good leader. You’re confusing leadership and likership.

Actually I think you are.

A leader does not have to be “liked”. They have to command respect.....not demand it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Actually I think you are.

A leader does not have to be “liked”. They have to command respect.....not demand it.
Where have I said anything about being liked? Might be time to hang it up for the day. You’re not even making sense.

Happy Veterans Day, by the way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pitchers Mound. You have to think a little as a pitcher but hell you still have a catcher telling you where to throw it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think you mis-read his statement or you just don't understand the concept.

"You’re confusing leadership and likership" That's not what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.