Where does Franks end up transferring to?

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I think you misunderstood my post....

S700-main_cmyk-e1501182689896.jpg

Those cost close to $0.5 million these days, nobody gonna give FF the keys to one.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This should be the "Let's bash Franks" thread.

You guys should try watching other teams sometimes. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Franks fan, but you're either delusional or totally biased if you don't think Franks would get a chance with an NFL team. Someone mentioned he wasn't in the Top 200. BS! Franks is definitely one of the top 200 QBs in college football. Maybe not a top 200 overall player, but he'll definitely get a chance.

Franks is twice as likely to get an NFL shot than Trask. Simply by measurables. I've been watching football for a good portion of my life and the NFL has always valued potential over production.

But don't let me stop the bashing. I just don't like how everyone puts the guy down all the time. We get it. He wasn't good enough to take us back to glory. Who would've done well under Mac and Nuss? Trask was probably blessed to keep getting injured so he wouldn't be poisoned by them too. And prior to Trask, he was the best QB we'd had in years. Even if that isn't saying much. I give the young man credit for surviving Mac.

Again, this isn't a pro Franks post. It's anti ridiculous fans. The guy didn't always play well but he never embarrassed us off the field. He also lead us to our most productive season in over a decade. That has to build some equity with the fans you would think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This should be the "Let's bash Franks" thread.

You guys should try watching other teams sometimes. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Franks fan, but you're either delusional or totally biased if you don't think Franks would get a chance with an NFL team. Someone mentioned he wasn't in the Top 200. BS! Franks is definitely one of the top 200 QBs in college football. Maybe not a top 200 overall player, but he'll definitely get a chance.

Franks is twice as likely to get an NFL shot than Trask. Simply by measurables. I've been watching football for a good portion of my life and the NFL has always valued potential over production.

But don't let me stop the bashing. I just don't like how everyone puts the guy down all the time. We get it. He wasn't good enough to take us back to glory. Who would've done well under Mac and Nuss? Trask was probably blessed to keep getting injured so he wouldn't be poisoned by them too. And prior to Trask, he was the best QB we'd had in years. Even if that isn't saying much. I give the young man credit for surviving Mac.

Again, this isn't a pro Franks post. It's anti ridiculous fans. The guy didn't always play well but he never embarrassed us off the field. He also lead us to our most productive season in over a decade. That has to build some equity with the fans you would think.
I think he'll get a chance - as an unrestricted free agent after the draft. He won't be drafted.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
He could never do that. Quick reads and exact precision is required.

He is better running around and ad libbing, or just throwing the ball 60 yards. La Tech would work, just as it did for Dipshyt. Something that involves throwing against no defense. Maybe Big 12.
Driskell is picking up NFL checks . You are paying $$$ to watch him play. Pretty stupid post dissing him.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
The Gators don’t pay. Minor league baseball will.
Well then that would be a stupid move to professional baseball. Why not play here to see where you are. Believe it or not OX Gators are pretty decent in baseball

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well then that would be a stupid move to professional baseball. Why not play here to see where you are. Believe it or not OX Gators are pretty decent in baseball
Pretty sure the Gator baseball team has no interest in him.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Pretty sure the Gator baseball team has no interest in him.

QUOTE="oxrageous, post: 982548, member: 2"]Pretty sure the Gator baseball team has no interest in him.[/QUOTE]

You would think Sully would ask Mullen for permission to see FF throw a bullpen Say 25 pitches

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I think he'll get a chance - as an unrestricted free agent after the draft. He won't be drafted.
I can see that.
Being at a high profile school like UF and with, I assume, a decent showing in workouts, he'll probably be a day 3 project. He may never amount to more than a camp arm. But guys with Franks' measurables don't grow on trees. NFL scouts are going to love him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can see that.
Being at a high profile school like UF and with, I assume, a decent showing in workouts, he'll probably be a day 3 project. He may never amount to more than a camp arm. But guys with Franks' measurables don't grow on trees. NFL scouts are going to love him.
His footwork and release are horrendous. Trust me, they aren’t going to love him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.