Which program develops the best talent for the NFL?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Which programs best develop elite prospects? A five-year study

A Clear Top Four
Seven of the nine available national championships since 2010 have been claimed by teams within the top four of 247Sports’ Development Rating. Alabama, which DOMINATES five-star development, sits at No. 2, while Clemson and Ohio State follow at third and fourth.

The first team in the rankings might come as a bit of a surprise: Florida!

9193115.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those classes, 2010-14, span a full spectrum of eligibility across a five-year period.

Interesting, I guess. Nice that we are still in the headlines. But 2010-2014 are basically all Creyer recruits and some Chump recruits who were still landing some of the elite guys, mostly on our Creyer reputation.

It just doesn't have much to do with what we are doing now with the type of recruits we are landing.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting, I guess. Nice that we are still in the headlines. But 2010-2014 are basically all Creyer recruits and some Chump recruits who were still landing some of the elite guys, mostly on our Creyer reputation.

It just doesn't have much to do with what we are doing now with the type of recruits we are landing.
Not to mention how many of these guys had to play early out of necessity. It'd be interesting to see how early PT affects development. I'd guess a lot.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are two ways to take this I guess. One would be like the article says and that Florida's coaches have done a great job developing talent. The other could be that judging by Florida's record and sometime suckatude over the last ten years Florida's coaches didn't know how to use their own player's talents.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There are two ways to take this I guess. One would be like the article says and that Florida's coaches have done a great job developing talent. The other could be that judging by Florida's record and sometime suckatude over the last ten years Florida's coaches didn't know how to use their own player's talents.

Both are true, I think. First, defensive talent came & developed pretty well under Muschamp and Quinn. Individual players can develop aside from the team. There was also a good year there in 2012, that OL had some studs who went on to the NFL.

But the sum was definitely less than the parts for most of that time frame.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Meyer's last class and all four Muschamp classes... which is almost a eternity to the kids getting out of high school now.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
9193115.png

Obviously, we still could get great talent from 2010-2014 despite everyone's opinion our facilities were inadequate. This Graph indicates...We are still The University of Florida and that matters. As the article states in the article, and I quote..."While Florida might not have a national championship to show for it – that program had some messy turns of coaching instability that the other three do not – there’s a reason Dan Mullen found a way to turn the program around so quickly in Year 1. The talent never really went anywhere. Well, except to the league."

Story on CBS Sportsline, written by Chris Hummer

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

The article is about "development", but since that word isn't in your vocabulary, I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The article is about "development", but since that word isn't in your vocabulary, I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised.
So Im guessing you thought Chimp and Butters lost a helluva lot of games bc all that development they did.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Being atop that list, shows UF offers the best chance of putting a player into the NFL.
It is very positively telling that UF tops Bama over the years while Bama had a much higher recruit-class average than we did. = kids, get more bucks for your bang by coming to UF. Make this a horn-toot by our recruiters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator