Whine Down Wednesday

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Time to voice complaints real and perceived about Saturday.
Game planning?
Play Calling?
Player utilization?
Clock Management?
Offensive scheme?
Defensive scheme?
(not so) Special Teams?

Now's your time to complain in a ridicule free safe space :snicker:
Should Montrel have sat after the fumble? We sure wanted him to in chat.
What's up with Lingaurd? Do we have a Damien Pierce situation?

:dunno:
I can't think of anything to complain about.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Time to voice complaints real and perceived about Saturday.
Game planning?
Play Calling?
Player utilization?
Clock Management?
Offensive scheme?
Defensive scheme?
(not so) Special Teams?

Now's your time to complain in a ridicule free safe space :snicker:
Should Montrel have sat after the fumble? We sure wanted him to in chat.
What's up with Lingaurd? Do we have a Damien Pierce situation?

:dunno:
I can't think of anything to complain about.
I was disappointed with the interception in the end zone to end the game. Coulda let them kick the FG and had more football to watch.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of whining. They even mock Tebow here.
@THENWF: This is next level salty. That man is big mad.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
KO return was bad. Seemed like we held on almost all of them.

KO was scary too. Why does the kicker have to flirt with the out of bounds. He is either really good or needs to aim a bit more center.

Something about the WR screen isn't working. Not sure if its an execution thing or design, but it needs some work. Im sure the uk db's are getting coached up to exploit that.

Loved Montrell getting a 2nd chance. It was his first touch ever as a Gator and it was a very good run up until he fumbled. He might have been pushing a little to hard at the end right before the fumble but it was also a good defensive play made to strip it. Glad he got another chance.

Dexter played 66 of 72 snaps with 5 tackles (3 assist 2 solo). He needs help. Big time. The stats aren't bad and are pretty much inline with his stats from last season, but at 66 snaps he played close to 2 times as much as he has in the past and a significant amount more than what our top DL normally plays. Carter seemed to always be in the 40s last season.

Lots of freshmen played and they played good.

We have a lot of motion in this offense and we didnt have a lot of illegal motion or false start penalties. Defense looked well coached as well but plays might be coming in late or players are late to line up, not sure. But for the aggregate we looked like a very well coached team that knew what they were doing and that is pretty impressive since it was the first game for a new staff against a quality opponent.

We was 3 for 3 in the redzone. All TDs.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Happy, happy, happy!

Couldnt have written a better script far as entertainment value goes.

A few things to clean up like holding on kick offs, get Cox to play his gap better, fans keep the intensity up like the first series Utah had the ball on offense , that was incredulous.

Have a couple wide outs step up…….this and a hundred more things Coach Napier is addressing , Like the boys sign on frat row “In Napier we trust”, I do.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cox needs to stfu on Twitter and work on his gaps and not running himself completly past the play.

Special teams were special.

Run defense was poor.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of whining. They even mock Tebow here.
@THENWF: This is next level salty. That man is big mad.

Fuchs those UTES.

Game planning? In line with what I'd thought we do against Utah. Will be different this week.
Play calling? See above
Player Utilization? Thought it was good, glad to see some freshman play. Napier will not be afraid to use the best player regardless of class.
Clock Management? Did well IMO
Offensive Scheme? Pretty much what we already knew. Love that we have an OL that can run block. Passing will come in time, but this team will take what the defense gives. Let playmakers make the plays. Everything else will work itself out.
Defensive Scheme? Liked what they tried to do. But we do need a bit of help. What I did like is the fight these guys have. If I hadn't read the stats Cox had 10 tackles, wow. Need to push some of that pressure in rather than up field. Lets face it, we are going to have a bend but don't break defense that will be opportunistic. But Utah did a great job on run blocking. That team was built for running period!
Special Teams? ahhhh, meh I guess. Just hope they don't make mistakes.

On Lingard.....on a good source that Juluke is on his azz a good bit in practice. Says there may be some issues there. But with Etienne he might not climb higher than 4th at all. Wright and Johnson may be passed up soon. Dude can run with the ball. Last Freshman I remember like that was #22.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Now's your time to complain in a ridicule free safe space

Its A Trap GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This thread would not be necessary if Swampy Law Donkey were still with us.

1.) We couldn't stop #80. UGly has 3 even better TE's. Better fix it.
2.) Special teams... not so special. Work on it.
3.) We have average kickers. Better go for it often. Scared money don't make money.
4.) Few if any deep shots. I guess we're saving them.
5.) Under 200 yards passing. AssDonkey not pleased.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
There are issues we can correct:
1) better tackling being the biggest one
2) better special teams decision-making (we were routinely trying to run it back on kickoffs instead of fair catches--leading to holding penalties and field position further back)
3) and yes, better rotation on the DL--we'll have injuries if Dexter is playing almost every snap this year

...but that's all nit-picky and I trust Napier is on it. We were a disciplined and focused team on Saturday and that's a product of the head coach. He's probably working on all of that as we speak.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Napier: he answered every lingering question mark i had in epic fashion. he was calm, prepared, and exuded quiet confidence the entire game no matter the situation nor the in-the-moment pressures, and because of that, the team displayed the same. there was never any quit, any fear or any doubt in our boys. they were imminently prepared. would it have been nicer to have watched a blow out? sure, but that wouldnt have answered nearly as many questions or allowed for the kids to see right from the start how to battle through adversity and persevere. The game and outcome is probably best case scenario for this team moving forward.

Offense: work in progress. backs look solid, qb is obviously going to carry this team and as he goes/improves so will the team. need to identify or see some receiving threats emerge, wasn't a lot to hang our hat on in that dept. O line was serviceable but theres plenty of room for improvement.

Defense: work in progress. this is the area where i was surprised it wasnt better already but it will take a while to build quality depth and wash the stink and stick of dwagsht off these kids. d line obviously needs to play better, need younger guys to step up and challenge each other. secondary wasnt special but also wasnt memorable for the wrong reasons either so ill take it as long as we will be seeing consistent improvement. I believe that will be the case for the whole team. Nape is too well managed, focused and organized for it not to be.

ST's - kickoffs and returns need work but again, nothing memorable either way so we're ok and will improve.

Takeaway: long way to go and a long season but we are trending in the right direction. Napier exudes a quiet confidence and businesslike mentality that is infectious to the players. This is HUGE for our program. We will hit some bumps between now and December but we've got the right guy and I think this will be a special season that we will point to for years to come as the year we finally turned the ship around and made our way back to champions.

Cant wait for saturday to whip that pvvvvvsy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator