Who is our new coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Honest opinion, is this Norvell guy any good? Don’t know much about him.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We have plenty of time to get a competent coach. problem is we do not have any competent people making the calls and decisions

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honest opinion, is this Norvell guy any good? Don’t know much about him.
Norvell took over as the HC of Memphis after Fuentes left. It’s only been a year and a half, but he’s done well in that short time. Pretty risky hire IMO.

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
One of these names: Campbell, Norvell, Mullen, Frost, Babers.

I do not want Mullen here. I am hoping that the booster don't like Mullen (long been rumored), and they pressure the AD not to hire him. Mullen isn't a bad coach, but the Gators can and should do a lot better than him.

Personally, I'd drop a Brinks truck off in Frost's front yard, and make him turn down all the cash. If he turns us down, I am not sure who I would go after next, but it would not be Mullen.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell took over as the HC of Memphis after Fuentes left. It’s only been a year and a half, but he’s done well in that short time. Pretty risky hire IMO.

It would be a terrible and cheap decision to make. For those reasons I’m sure it’s our Athletic Departments first choice.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a terrible and cheap decision to make. For those reasons I’m sure it’s our Athletic Departments first choice.
I agree it would be a bad decision, but we don’t know of if he’s gonna be the next Urban/Dabo or just another guy. After what we’ve endured with the last 2 hires, we HAVE to get this one right.

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
Rumor is Gene Chizik is in negotiations.

It's funny, but all the smoke around Mullen made me immediately think about Gene Chizik. Mullen's record (66-44) is better than Chizik's (38-38), but Mullen would be such an underwhelming hire, IMO.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cousin Eddie would mean I would not attend another football game until he got axed. That would be such an awful not to mention lazy hire by this admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.