Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I grew up rooting for the Cincinnati Reds. They were a dynasty that competed with the Yankees for a decades, and a team with a long history of winning. Then the management went slumlord. The words they used were very similar to Fooley's regarding not getting into spending battles etc.

Today the idea that the Reds could compete ever again is laughable. They destroyed their own income and fanbase. Kids grew up not caring about watching the Reds lose. The organization now celebrates going a game or two over .500 or when the get the odd good player here or there.

We are they.

Once your management powerdives into the ground, it is a long damn way back up.

But you are saying there is a path for my Lions, right? :yes:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
The facilities will be done by the time current HS seniors will be ready to use them. The roster is imperfect but could easily be made into a decent group with competent scheme and coaching, not to mention having someone like AR and the impact of the portal for stopgaps. And it will be a job offering someone 7mil+. I know we bag on things, but UF is absolutely still a top job. A big name hire will immediately right things.
I hear you and hope you’re right. An A+ staff (not just the HC) could definitely make an impact in the short / medium term, but they’ll have to overcome a material talent gap while installing a new offense and new defense.

I know 1 facility might be available for current HS players to use, but where will that land us in football facilities? Top 15 in the country? Top 20-25? I can’t answer that, but I doubt it means we’ll match or exceed our rivals. Others here know better than I, and I’d like to know.

I agree UF can pay a coach multi-millions, and the State of Florida is rich in HS talent. That’s what makes it a good job and attractive to many coaches. I mean we’ll get a HC and a staff. I just don’t think it’s a Top 10 job. Hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hear you and hope you’re right. An A+ staff (not just the HC) could definitely make an impact in the short / medium term, but they’ll have to overcome a material talent gap while installing a new offense and new defense.
Just don't see it. They will be butthurt about having to fire and pay a small buyout. They always thinks that means they should go cheap this time.

And the market is even higher. They had sticker shock last time when they went around offering 3 million bc we have no state income taxes.

I know 1 facility might be available for current HS players to use, but where will that land us in football facilities? Top 15 in the country? Top 20-25?
I'd say 20-30. We do HAVE a facility, so we aren't homeless, but it is going to look very unimpressive next to what they will be visiting elsewhere.

We knew UF would go minimalistic.

To the student, the ghetto housing situation is probably just as important. Our housing is 1950s welfare project style.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We haven’t hired a bad boy since Pell. We pride ourselves on being Goody Two Shoes U, and it’s not about to change now.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm praying Kiffin takes another job soon so we can stop embarrassing ourselves. LSU hopefully - we can pound his pouty face every year.
85888104.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let it begin in earnest.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Who should be our interim coach for FSU?

I guess Greg Knox. He has previous successful experience serving as a post-Mullinz interim head coach. He led Miss State to a bowl win in 2017 after Cousin came here,

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
So is this thread destined for epic status or is there going to be a new Official Coach Search Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.