Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
It's really bizarre to me that anyone would still support this coach. If you listen to Russell's call in show midday or Dooley and Cordoza, there's still people that say they think he's a good coach. Maybe he is a good OC some times. But he has not shown anything at all imo that should make anyone think he is the right guy to be HC at UF. It's been 4 yrs. It's obvious it isn't working. Cordoza is crazy btw. We already know how lazy Dooley is at his job. But Cordoza is delusional and it's annoying to listen to when you want to try to hear some Gator football content. He supported Muschamp and McElwain when he had different radio shows and now he is saying the stuff he said about those losers that he is now saying about this new ish loser. When you realize you got a loser, he has to be ousted. This is a big money program. It proved harmful both times we kept the other losers too long. You can't continue to let him put us in a hole. We should be excelling while Fsu and Miami are down.
Also on a personal level my Dad is getting older and I don't know how many more football seasons we will have to watch together. This is personal to me. That smile at the end of the loss could not be more infuriating. I care more than this loser who should car more than anybody. I want to see us compete for an SEC championship on a real level before it's too late. There's no way in Hell that Mullen is getting there. He will never be able to beat the best teams. Best he will ever do is get close with a three point loss and he can have his dumbass press conferences and blame everyone but himself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those blowhards will still be screaming GIDIOT til the day after the coach is fired, like always.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, after Mullen is axed, then they'll talk about how they knew he wasn't right all along. I can't stand Gator sports media.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Switching HCs is too risky right now. Best to force Mullen to take that Vince Lombardi jab and just enhance what we got.
A better search would be for a Grantham replacement and for a couple of crackerjack recruiters. Go from where we are.?? IDK.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, after Mullen is axed, then they'll talk about how they knew he wasn't right all along. I can't stand Gator sports media.

FUCHSING

CLOCKWORK.

But they did. This is the most hated hire since Fooley came back from New Orleans with his boy toy. And that says something since he somehow hired a fuchsing DWAG in the interim too.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Switching HCs is too risky right now.
C'mon Rog. Doing nothing right now is a lot riskier than standing pat.

Rog, I was originally an anybody-but-Mullen guy (and remember LITERALLY saying so at a watch party for the Misery game that year) but I was super excited to hear how good he was at thumb wrestling and wanted to give this thing a chance... because what other option did we have once he was hired? I never had any interest whatsoever in Frost but did bite on the Chip Kelly nonsense... so Dan was our guy and that was that.

But there has just been too much to ignore these past few years and there's no need to list them all here. I've defended him from time to time but really do think he's checked out. The big smile at the end of the KY game told us everything. I jumped off the Mullen train when he sat a healthy Pitts at LSU last year, but now I want to see the train derail and explode.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

FUCHSING

CLOCKWORK.

But they did. This is the most hated hire since Fooley came back from New Orleans with his boy toy. And that says something since he somehow hired a fuchsing DWAG in the interim too.

Every one of those "reporters", 3/4 of the front office, and a big chunk of the Gainesville population still defend WM, speak glowingly about him and would probably take him back if they could. It's disgusting. Loved Zook. Hated Meyer. Loved WM. That's everything that's wrong with the situation at UF.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Every one of those "reporters", 3/4 of the front office, and a big chunk of the Gainesville population still defend WM, speak glowingly about him and would probably take him back if they could. It's disgusting. Loved Zook. Hated Meyer. Loved WM. That's everything that's wrong with the situation at UF.
Same with folks like coach. Let's face it, there is a growing contingent of people nationwide that hate the look of a winner. It forces them to reckon with their own significant shortcomings. Those same people love losers. Losers make them feel comfortable, maybe even equal. They see a loser getting paid a few mil and think wow, he's not much better than me and look where he got. Makes them feel good. Libs ruin everything :grin:

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Gator media always waits until the coach gets axed before they drop the hit pieces that confirm what we all knew all along. Toxic culture. Players didn’t buy in. Coaches played favorites. Coaches disorganized or lazy about recruiting blah blah. We all know what is happening but we have to listen to these idiots tell us how dumb we are for wanting the coach fired until the actual firing happens.

The Mullen hit pieces are going to be great.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you're strongly moved by pity, I get the affection for Zook. I can also see the hate for the Meyer; awesome results, but not a likeable man. But Chimp? I don't get that one at all.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If you're strongly moved by pity, I get the affection for Zook. I can also see the hate for the Meyer; awesome results, but not a likeable man. But Chimp? I don't get that one at all.

He sounded like them. He talked about walking down 2nd Ave as a kid and went to Oak Hall. And his intro was almost like he watched Meyer's time and vowed to do the opposite. Plus stupid people tend to enjoy the company of other stupid people. There's that as well.

As for the Meyer situation, it's really just a sign of weakness. I don't know that it's so much politics, as Durty suggests. People across the board just can't separate business from personal. I met Shelly on multiple occasions, even watching the end of Mich/AppSt with her and a few others on a phone during the lightning delay of our game. She was always very cool to me and my wife. They didn't embody Gainesville the way Spurrier did(honestly how could they?), but were still good people. But even if I didn't have those interactions to base things off, I still wouldn't care. I don't need friends. I have plenty of friends. What I need is a coach who can win games and championships. Many of those I referenced are the opposite.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Mullen averaged 7 regular season wins a year at cowbell. Which actually is pretty good considering the circumstances. No one else has done that there.

Then he came to UF with access to far superior talent and in the easier half of the SEC and now he is averaging 9 regular season wins a year. In other words he is basically doing the bare minimum at UF with the superior advantages he has over being at cowbell. Half the coaches in America could win 8 -9 games a year at UF. That isn’t the goal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
THIS

You forgot attacked SOS incessantly, especially with things like Dockettgate.

Fooley likes bootlicker coaches and demands bootlicking from reporters or he cuts them off.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He sounded like them. He talked about walking down 2nd Ave as a kid and went to Oak Hall. And his intro was almost like he watched Meyer's time and vowed to do the opposite. Plus stupid people tend to enjoy the company of other stupid people. There's that as well.

As for the Meyer situation, it's really just a sign of weakness. I don't know that it's so much politics, as Durty suggests. People across the board just can't separate business from personal. I met Shelly on multiple occasions, even watching the end of Mich/AppSt with her and a few others on a phone during the lightning delay of our game. She was always very cool to me and my wife. They didn't embody Gainesville the way Spurrier did(honestly how could they?), but were still good people. But even if I didn't have those interactions to base things off, I still wouldn't care. I don't need friends. I have plenty of friends. What I need is a coach who can win games and championships. Many of those I referenced are the opposite.
I have nothing against Shelley - I actually feel a little sorry for her at the moment - but Urbs is a different story. As a UF fan, his personal life really means nothing to me, but I can see where folks who live in the same town as he does, don't separate the two. I imagine the whole story about Urban and the coed - whether true or not - could rub folks in Gainesville the wrong way. Especially if one had had dealing with Shelley, liked her, and felt she was being mistreated by her husband. Hell, most women I know wouldn't even have to know the first thing about her and would hate Urbs on her behalf.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Switching HCs is too risky right now. Best to force Mullen to take that Vince Lombardi jab and just enhance what we got.
A better search would be for a Grantham replacement and for a couple of crackerjack recruiters. Go from where we are.?? IDK.??
Mullen is the problem, Grantham is just one of the many symptoms. How do you kill a snake again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look I’m up for a change at this point as well, but really? Pummeling him with a shovel while children look on?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.